PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adopt-a-prospect: Mario Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
In the spirit of celebrities travelling halfway round the globe and picking up the neediest kid in the neediest village in the war-tornest, poorest country, I'm adopting offensive tackle Mario Henderson from Florida State, who is currently slated to be the 255th and last pick of the 2007 draft by Draft Tek. Which would put the poor sap in Detroit, and therefore possibly at risk from adoption by Madonna or Angelina Jolie. Don't worry Mario. You'll do fine with me.

Here he is:

M.%20Henderson%20(home).JPG

Marvellous, no? I'm off to find out something interesting about him.

So, here's Mario:

Measurables (From variety of sources)
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 308
Speed: 5.11
Reps: 20
Vertical jump: 28.5
Broad jump: 9'1"
Shuttle: 4.87
Cones: 7.6

Based on those numbers, my early analysis of Mario is that he's biggish, and pretty slow. But he jumps a long way for a big man.

According to NFL Draft Scout his stock is rising at present, which we're pleased about because nobody wants to go to the Lions with the 255th pick.

Left or Right Tackle? Zone blocking experience?

So, here's Mario:

Measurables (From variety of sources)
Height: 6'7"
Weight: 308
Speed: 5.11
Reps: 20
Vertical jump: 28.5
Broad jump: 9'1"
Shuttle: 4.87
Cones: 7.6

Based on those numbers, my early analysis of Mario is that he's biggish, and pretty slow. But he jumps a long way for a big man.

According to NFL Draft Scout his stock is rising at present, which we're pleased about because nobody wants to go to the Lions with the 255th pick.

Mario Henderson is widelay ranked as the 12th best offensive tackle in the 2007 draft.

Of note to Pats fans will be that he is regarded as a good developmental prospect by Scout.comand might therefore profile as the type of player that Dante Scarnecchia might take on board as a project.

He was a starting left tackle at Florida State in his senior year having played back up, right tackle and special teams before that.

Among his strengths are good feet; he moves well laterally and is highly regarded in pass coverage. Said to have "smarts" and work hard.

Run-blocking skills need work.

According to northwestscouting.com, my man: "Needs some coaching… but will be worth the extra effort and time. Sixth rounder"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes