Welcome to PatsFans.com

Adolf Hitler as an oratator (civil discusion)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by HarkDawg, Dec 15, 2009.

1. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Most of us are intelligent on here....... I am neither German nor Pro-Nazi.....

I am not a fascist..... I have a WWII exam tomorrow. I procrastinate by watching youtube videos.

All seriousness...... Hitler was a crazy SOB w/ a damaging agenda that affected millions of people and sparked a War of annihilation. he thought the German's were superior to everybody.

His Jewish Genocide was horrible and many people think he is the epitome of evil....... which I cannot disagree with. Hitler was an awful person with a crazy agenda of World Supremacy and extreme anti-Jewish Sentiment which can be seen in the Holocaust Aftermath.

I could go on forever.... I am a History Major and enjoy discussions about the past. Adolf Hitler was a fantastic speaker...... I am ashamed that my ears enjoy his Tone/enthusiasm. There is something about his voice.... it's intriguing.

His voice is like the pied piper to rats.... He was a lunatic, but the man could speak with confidence, enthusiasm and vigor.

YouTube - Hitler's Takeover Rare Footage (English Subtitles)

^Video of random speeches.

I am an Irish Catholic btw.... I am not Pro-Nazi I do not even no German as a language and his voice is attractive.

There are subtitles.

I like discussions about History especially pertaining to WWII.

Do no criticize me for this thread. It is suppose to be for an intelligent discusion and not a flame war.
  2. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I had family fighting for America in WWII....

2 Great Uncles in Patton's tank Division

1 Great Uncle as a belly gunner who was at church when Pearl Harbor was bombed. (Church was on the other side) and was never targeted.

2 cousins as infantry....

Do not attempt to criticize me or this thread:).
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hate Hitler, I hate Nazis and I hate everything they stand for. But it cannot be denied that Hitler was a talented speaker. The free world is lucky that the man made multiple blunders during World War 2 which arguably cost Germany the war.

Let us be sure that we hold true to the words "never again."
  4. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0

Hitler got his people to actively participate in the annihilation of 6 million people. He wasn't the one marching them into the gas chamber. He also got them to wage a war that there was no way they could win. You don't do that unless you have a magnetic personality, charisma and great oratory skills.
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +890 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Very true ...hmmm ... we have a President with those 3 traits right now.
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

Personally, I'd tell your professor that Hitler is not worthy of having a paper written about him.
  7. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obama can speak but he can by no means motivate a people the way Hitler did to the Germans. Look at the early Fascist polls of the 1920's. Fascism was a weakling at one point representing about 8-12% of the German Party system and eventually it became the PARTY in Germany.

"March 5th 1933 and the Nazis only increased their majority from 33.1 % to 43.9 %. This meant that they still did not have a majority in the Reichstag. This shows that Hitler did not have majority support in"

This was in 1933.... War did not happen until 1939.... and his popularity would spread even more.

What he did to unify Germany was simply amazing. Granted Bismarck unified Germany into one kingdom..... Hitler unified the German people in having a purpose. I would love to expand more on this in this post but I have studying.:(

Hitler gave people a purpose and he blamed the Allies for the atrocities of the treaty of Versailles,which had many restrictions and limits on Germany. Hitler found a purpose and blamed the past German regime for selling out Germany. How could the German's lose WWI when it was never faught on German Soil...... Hitler had a mission and he schemed it with Blame and Hatred...... he sold his platform and the masses bought into it.

Hitler would have been one of the greatest politicians ever if he did not wage WWII and lead a mass genocide against the JEWS.

For the quoted section my source is listed below.

We can only deal with "What Ifs"

(Source)Read more: Essay: Account for the popularity of Hitler and the Nazi regime in Germanyby 1939?
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 7 / -13

Oratory in general was more powerful before focus groups and Television. Churchill Hitler, Kennedy Mussolini MLK, were all great public speakers, much better than what we see today.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +344 / 3 / -13

He still is not worthy of having a paper written about him. Well, maybe if someone wanted to write a book on the biggest scum-bag-looser in world history.

10. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

As an historian, I would respectfully disagree my friend. He was an abhorrent person obviously, but I think his rise to power, capitalization of fear, political strategy, and, yes, mastery of oration and use of propaganda bear studying. We should not seek to glorify any of his actions to but understand him as best we can to recognize his type of evil in the future.

I think it's dangerous to forget any of our history.
  11. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +438 / 5 / -2

Keep it Civil Icy. Talk Hitler and no one else.

Hawk, Arnold Shwartzenager got in trouble for saying the same thing you did. Sadly though, it's true. Hitler was a truly powerful speaker. I always think of the movie Contact, where they detect a signal from outer space, and they are decifering it, and it's Hitlers Olympic games speech. The power of his tone was undeniable. Now, imagine how powerful it was in the 30's & 40's, where there was no internet, or cable TV. All you knew was whatever your ears heard, and your mind convinced you it was. I could only imagine what that was like in that day, and time.

Let's just be happy the man split his forces on the Eastern front, in a foolish pinzer move, and stretched his forces across an unwinnable front. Had he managed his forces more wisely, we all might be speaking German right now.
  12. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Why would you do that? :confused:

I just recently did a paper on the Winter War between Finland and the Soviets 1939-1940...... IDK there is so much interesting stuff about WWII.

I plan on writing my Seminar paper on him next semester....... but of what aspect??? I do no know yet.

Hitler has always fascinated me. I will think of something by the Spring when I have seminar. I may not even focus on Hitler.... IDK yet it is all preliminary thinking.
  13. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I hate public speaking and presentations...... but I wish I had his Passion, charisma and magnetic personality while speaking.

he had those traits down and it was impressive even watching how he was received by his own ppl at the time.
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +890 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

Yes ... I agree .... :yeahthat:
  15. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

well said... and agreed. :)
  16. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

“Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, 1901.

There are reasons why he is studied, not just for his actions in power but for why and how he came to being and why and how he sustained power and the reactions of others to him.
  17. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i missed your post..... saw it through a quote.

well said man. I just want to learn more about every aspect you just mentioned.

Study time.... ****e. lol :)
  18. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +267 / 10 / -26

When I think of Hitler and his rise to power a couple of things come to mind:

1. After WW 1 the Germans were isolated and stripped of power, while it was not our responsibility to rebuild them, it was our responsibility to help them govern..instead we went into an isolationist mode... the political scene was ready for a Hitler. The rest of Europe did pretty much the same, as did the other powerful institutions, i.e. the Catholic Church.

2. A brilliant orator, or a captive audience??... not sure about that one, while he has some very good qualities, it seems that most of his huge audiences were military folks... the length of his speeches crazy long and beyond what the most rabid nationalist could endure, remember reading Mein Kampf... helped me understand all of this better...but not sure a "brilliant orator" would speak for 2 hours or more...

3. He knew what points to hit, "His struggles", "international jewery", "Jewish Bolshevism"the desire in pride for the Deutchland... he as a demagogue pure and simple, who was able to gather a national police force to insure that his belef system was adhered to.. the book burnings of "jewish books" as well as the "Kristallnacht", "the night of the long knives", the ghettos complete with walls all reinforce what he was doing, and created symbols that exemplified his speeches...

Should we study Hitler???, of course, the same way we need to study anyone who has garnered this much power... if we do not we will never understand our own history.. this exemplifies why the term "Nazi" should not be taken so lightly, and is a very good reason for not using it casually, particularly when things do not go as we want them to poltically.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  19. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

so how many ppl actually watched the link?

I thought the video was well done.....

I already mentioned the Treaty of Versailles and the BS restrictions it had.
    Hitler used this aspect as his fuel.
  20. HarkDawg

HarkDawg Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

he fed off of the people's emotions and he was excellent at reading this. He schemed things appropriately with a plan.

Just imagine if he ever got accepted to that ART school he wanted to get into??? They rejected him lol...... Imagine if he was accepted. I doubt Hitler would even be an infamous figure today.

don't know the school off the top of my head...... but he was an ARTSY guy.

Why do you think he had Leni Riefenstahl compose his "Triumph of the Will"?? He respected her and she made a propaganda film full of themes and art etc....

Edit- Art School= Vienna Academy of Art
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009