PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Admit it, we are REBUILDING. But how far from the bottom are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
7-9/8-8 is the dumbest thing I've heard. Absolutely ridiculous.
I got told when I thought the Patriots may finish 10-6 this season that was ridiculous too.

If not for a Clayton dropped pass and a Mccelvin fumble, we are an 8-8 team this year---and that was with a 100% healthy Welker and Wilfork. So yeah if the Pats remain passive by ignoring FA and just keep trading down in the draft to acquire value , I can see 7-9/8-8

Last edited:
The Jets should win the East next year...and easily with that loaded roster

I agree. The Jets are spending money on players that seem to fit their system and move up in the draft to get their man. This has worked very well for them. The Patriots in the meantime have "value" :rolleyes: drafts.

If not for a Clayton dropped pass and a Mccelvin fumble, we are an 8-8 team this year---and that was with a 100% healthy Welker and Wilfork. So yeah if the Pats remain passive by ignoring FA and just keep trading down in the draft to acquire value , I can see 7-9/8-8

And if not for a Maroney fumble, a Taylor fumble, and a Brady interception against Miami we would have gone 13-3. You can play that game all day, in the end it all tends to work out this was a 10 win team any way you cut it.

Where is the bottom, and do we need to tear things apart even more to eventually rise back up? Is that model even relevant?
You get rid of the underachievers (Burgess, Green) and malcontents (Adalius Thomas). Just look at the players salary cap charge for the 2009 season and compare that to their production. Meanwhile, new leaders need to emerge on defense (Wilfork, Warren, Mayo, Sanders?) while the defense is in transition.

Yes those will likely be gone. I suppose you would include Woods in those that are going, leaving us Ninkovich and Crable at OLB.

You get rid of the underachievers (Burgess, Green) and malcontents (Adalius Thomas). Just look at the players salary cap charge for the 2009 season and compare that to their production. Meanwhile, new leaders need to emerge on defense (Wilfork, Warren, Mayo, Sanders?) while the defense is in transition.

Welker and Wilfork missed multiple games. Welker, for example, missed the first Jets game, and he could have been the difference in that contest. Wilfork missed 4 games, including the loss to the Texans which the Patriots did not play full out in. I'm not disputing your claim of 7-9/8-8, since I'm not ready for prognostications at this point, and I agree that the team was very lucky in the two games you mentioned, but it's wrong to talk about Welker and Wilfork at 100%.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back