Votes: 38 30.2%
  • Not disappointed at all

Votes: 88 69.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're joking right?

Yes, I'll admit that not scoring 38 was a little disappointing...very little. Very very very little. It's a nice kind of disappointment to have.

Regards,
Chris

Actually I would have been worried if we scored 38 points again. It would have been kinda creepy. Like did someone make some kind of nefarious bargain to be able to score 38 points every game of the season?

I'm only disappointed in Tom's interception on 3rd and long.

One point better and I'm never disappointed. Especially on the road.

This is a fun team this year for the very reason that the final margin doesn't ever matter. Usually, you're never sure how good your team is. So you dissect every game to try to figure it out. Beating a bad team at home by only 3 points makes you nervous, because you wonder what it "means."

We simply don't have the problem this year. We're good. Really good.

Yes, we'll play poorly at times. Yes there will be diappointments and final margins that maybe could be better. Maybe we'll lose here and there. But the stress about what it "means" is just not there.

We're good enough to get to the playoffs, probably good enough to host a game or two, and good enough to be in any game we play any time any where. I don't need to see any more to know that. Things can change in a hurry in the NFL, but that's where we are now, and so one point more than the other guy, and trying to get that bye, is all I care about right now.

Yeah.. to be honest, I am disappointed that Tom dropped his incompletion rate from 79.5% to 79.2% :singing:

Only in that it wasn't 38-13.

Exactly as that was my predicted score.

But the Patriots defense proved that they could hold a potent offense in check; I didn't really think that the Bengals would only get single digits.

I'm disappointed only because I said they'ed win 46-17,otherwise NO. Not at all.

Last edited:
I agree with the 5% dissappointment.
Thrilled at the health of our team.
Thrilled to get a victory against a potent offense.
But I am a stat whore I guess.
We just merely missed out on best in points scored and points allowed.
I think it comes down to Stallworth Vs Welker. Stallworth gets more yards but he doesn't catch so many balls.

I dont feel any sense of disappointment actually. I think we executed almost flawlessly out there.

As a matter of fact, I was as impressed as ever with the defense. We faced a very talanted Carson Palmer, CJ, TJ, et al, and we gave them a good, hard beating. Why feel disappointed?

Perhaps the Bengals shot themselves in the foot several times (with penalties and team miscommunication) and played a rather sloppy game, but that takes nothing away from our Patriots.

I think we're more than a little bit spoiled...We don't only want to win, we want to crush teams and make them beg for mercy while doing it. Come on people, don't be those type of fans! It makes us look obnoxious.

I don't want to see the state of this board when the Pats finally play a really bad game (which they are bound to do over the course of a season).

This thread is STUPID

The guys who voted Yes are likely the SAME GUYS who ***** when Manning pads his stats late in a game the Colts have already won

Please do not be a hypocrite - If its not the right thing for the other 31 teams to do then the Patriots are not an exception

This thread is STUPID
Shucks, aren't you the guy that just started the thread about NOT putting Rodney Harrison and Richard Seymour back into the defense when they return because "if it ain't broke...." ?!?!

:confused:

Hope you don't live here:

arcnowj.jpg

I hate to admit I fell asleep prior to halftime. :eek: The ease with which this team dominates its foe is boring at times.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Shucks, aren't you the guy that just started the thread about NOT putting Rodney Harrison and Richard Seymour back into the defense when they return because "if it ain't broke...." ?!?!

:confused:

Hope you don't live here:

arcnowj.jpg

No,my home has 4 walls - not all windows :p

I think we're more than a little bit spoiled...We don't only want to win, we want to crush teams and make them beg for mercy while doing it. Come on people, don't be those type of fans! It makes us look obnoxious.

I don't want to see the state of this board when the Pats finally play a really bad game (which they are bound to do over the course of a season).

Get over yourself. The fans of other teams still think the Pats cheated their way to dynasty. Screw them. Thats why this season is different. No more Mr Nice Guys. Clue in NEPat, clue in.

I knew it was only going to be a matter of time before people became spoiled and whined about not winning big enough

Get over yourself. The fans of other teams still think the Pats cheated their way to dynasty. Screw them. Thats why this season is different. No more Mr Nice Guys. Clue in NEPat, clue in.

The Patriot players have a take no prisoners mentality this season, but we're fans, we're not actually on the team. And we are really, really, really spoiled. The Pats won this game by 21 points on the road, and caused a post game meltdown by Marvin Lewis. And to say that's disappointing? What else do people want?

Just a couple years ago, I think we all would have looked at yesterday's game as a phenomenal game. Now, though, given the last three weeks, I honestly felt a bit disappointed that the Pats didn't clean the Bengals' clocks even further.

What do you think?

-------------------
Some people say that a "win is a win" but we all also know the difference between settling for FGs and blasting into the end zone. The opening drive ending in a FG gave hope to their beat up defense. That was a moiral victory for them. In a sense that allowed them to hang around a bit longer than otherwise. They were short handed but they definitely played with heart and guts all night. They never cashed it in. Therefore, an opening drive where there is a dominating TD would have probably deflated that spunk a little.

It also sets up a frustration thing with the offense. This could be good or could be bad depending on the eventual outcome of how they use that experience. They used it to advantage by overcoming it so I think that too is a plus for them that appeared to be a negative at first.

So sure, I was disappointed on that drive. So was Tom Brady. But admitting a few plays disappointed you isn't the same as saying the entire game was a disappointment. For one thing, they chose to pound the ball instead of just playing catch all night. They need to win in different ways, and they played the ball control game very well. They wore down the defense. But that was a spunky defense, even though overmatched. Bill wanted to dominate them up front, and so they did that even though it ate clock and produced fewer points. Beating somebody with time of possession and owning them in the trenches is, after all, the old school. It's effective against certain teams, and so I ask, "Why not?"

Fans like the bombs-away approach, but they are not playing for the fans as much as they are to win. Winning, I think, has to include a total approach of utilizing and testing various game plans, and they just showed us that they could win big even without bombs-away all night. That is good. It means that any defense they face that can stop the pass is going to get mauled in the trenches just a little bit more because of last night's confidence building. Then their pass defense will get compromised as they bring guys into the box area, and most casual fans won't realize why suddenly the receivers are running around like free-range chickens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down