PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adjustments in the Snow Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlitzFritz

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
ESPN2 ran a long show as part of The Greatest Games in NFL History.

I couldn't help noticing :

1. Rich Gannon saying they worried about the Pats attacking, blitzing D, you never know who was coming or how many.

2. After a terrible first half with the Pats down 7-0, the fans boo'd the team to express their displeasure with the effort.

3. The Pats made a total adjustment in the second half with a max-protect passing plan, designed to just give Brady some time.

Oh and there werent any plays shown where the ball was tipped or batted down at the line of scrimmage. :D

Anyway, setting the booing tradition aside, hasnt it been awhile since our defense and offense has made unpredictable and successful adjustments??

1. Rich Gannon saying they worried about the Pats attacking, blitzing D, you never know who was coming or how many.

2. After a terrible first half with the Pats down 7-0, the fans boo'd the team to express their displeasure with the effort.

3. The Pats made a total adjustment in the second half with a max-protect passing plan, designed to just give Brady some time.

Oh and there werent any plays shown where the ball was tipped or batted down at the line of scrimmage. :D

Anyway, setting the booing tradition aside, hasnt it been awhile since our defense and offense has made unpredictable and successful adjustments??

Other than the jags playoff game, I would have to agree. I just don't see the confusing blitz packages anymore, or maybe other teams just pick it up better nowadays. who knows, im tired, and cant think :D

I watched this last night also, and what I noticed was that they were in a 4-3 for a lot of that game. Seems like the Patriots don't switch back and forth as much as they used to. Nowadays, the defense seems like it's more reactive and predictable.

We have won more games since that day than any team in the league.
Just because you don't notice or remember adjustments, you think they weren't made?
We were 18-1 last year. That means we won as many games as any team ever won. You think we may have made some adjustments in doing that? And if we didnt, I guess they dont much matter.

What is really going on here is any time a team loses, fans want to blame something, so the scapegoat becomes lack of effort, outcoached, or they didnt make adjustments.

It was great to see ESPN showing something positive about Patriots. It really brings you back to before the SBs when getting to the playoffs was a successful season. It's not a bad thing to be the underdog.

We have won more games since that day than any team in the league.
Just because you don't notice or remember adjustments, you think they weren't made?
We were 18-1 last year. That means we won as many games as any team ever won. You think we may have made some adjustments in doing that? And if we didnt, I guess they dont much matter.

What is really going on here is any time a team loses, fans want to blame something, so the scapegoat becomes lack of effort, outcoached, or they didnt make adjustments.

Andy, I think its a fair question (obviously since I wrote it). Yes we went 18-1 in a pretty predictable very exciting way.

Let me rephrase it -- since Romeo and Charlie left, doesnt it seem like our O and D are less unpredictable and adjusting?? (I personally think its hard to debate.)

Sometimes, when nothing is working, you just have to try to do something completely odd and different in order to win.

I think the Patriots are a better team now than they were in those years. I think that's why you don't see as much "variation".

Just my $0.02.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back