PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adele gives Goodell "Cold Shoulder" on SB halftime

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL is such ******** artists by saying they never "formally offered" her the job. This is the sort of thing where no artist would even get a "formal offer" until the informal offer was accepted and there was an agreement in principle. So to say they never "formally offered" her the gig is just more typical NFL asshattedness.

Adele's manager to Goody: "Dude, you're NOT getting Adele!"

Dude,%20you're%20getting%20a%20bong.png

But Goodell drones the NFL is integrity. ;)
G0odell wouldn't know integrity if it bit him in the ass. I'd like to have a big black German shepherd named Integrity and sic him on Goodell ... rip the seat off his pants in public. What a photo op that would be.

Adele is a spectacular talent, but honestly, how could she make a halftime spectacular out of songbook of heartbroken nostalgia? Did they plan to have her do a wistful cover of "All My Rowdy Friends"?

Smart woman to refuse.

Adele is a spectacular talent, but honestly, how could she make a halftime spectacular out of songbook of heartbroken nostalgia? Did they plan to have her do a wistful cover of "All My Rowdy Friends"?

Smart woman to refuse.
Agreed... didn't really see the fit myself, either.

Adele as half time performer in a sports game is kind of like Slipknot or Korn performing at the ballet. Bad mix. And I love this and Adele.

The NFL is such ******** artists by saying they never "formally offered" her the job. This is the sort of thing where no artist would even get a "formal offer" until the informal offer was accepted and there was an agreement in principle. So to say they never "formally offered" her the gig is just more typical NFL asshattedness.
Good catch. That's the kind of subtle weaselly thing you don't even really notice most of the time, but good to call out this lame league for. Ridiculous.

This just proves that Adele understands footballs intended audience better than the geniuses running the NFL*.

Undoubtedly, she'll now be trashed by the NFL. Good for her.
Good for us too, I don't understand the love for her music. Hello is hard to listen to.

Adele knows that no matter what she would do at halftime her "integrity" would be compromised.. Who is that "Fat Chick" on the stage Elmer???.. ;);)

How will we explain that to the children???

Smart woman to refuse.
Hey she could cover, "We Are the Champions" and dedicate it to those true queens of heartbroken nostalgia, the NJ Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back