Welcome to PatsFans.com

Adding another QB (in case of injury/poor performance)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by JSn, Sep 22, 2008.

?

What's our best option if Cassel goes down (via injury or bad play)?

1. Sign Daunte

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Trade for Garcia

25.0%
  3. Trade for Derek Anderson

25.0%
  4. Pass the torch to Gutz or O'Connell, keeping the job inside.

50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

We've beat the Daunte Culpepper and Jeff Garcia themes into the dirt.

How about this: there is rumour of Derek Anderson getting benched and that's almost for sure a one-way trip.

I stand (so far) by the idea that Cassel is the guy for the job based on knowing the playbook. However, I don't remember the playbook being all short passes.

However, he's getting hit a lot and if he gets injured, I think we're screwed. O'Connell is not ready to "manage" games, let alone win them. Doesn't seem like a wise experiment.

So which of three guys available do you think can boost morale and help right the ship in the event Cassel doesn't pull it together or gets hurt?

Me, I like Cassel first, but Derek Anderson would be an interesting ingredient.

Anyway, I know we're hitting record numbers of new threads on the same old crap, but I wanted to see where we all stand two weeks later on this issue.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but unlike signing Daunte, trading a guy in gives him no leverage and forces him to compete if he wants to start, right?
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  2. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Daunte is dead, and Derek Anderson is the one yr wonder teams were afraid of .. Romeo could be in trouble this yr...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.