PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adding a little class to the sidelines...

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why r you bringing up the Jets? All Pats fans can say is Justin Miller. Question marks on this team infers plural multiple people yet I always hear one name.

Guess we can add Vilma to the classless Jets list due to his "to each his own" comment he made today while being interviewed about dog fighting :eek:
I'll take an on the field after a victory celebrator over a celebrator of dogs being made to fight to the death any day of the week

Guess we can add Vilma to the classless Jets list due to his "to each his own" comment he made today while being interviewed about dog fighting :eek:
I'll take an on the field after a victory celebrator over a celebrator of dogs being made to fight to the death any day of the week

I will till I hear the comment since I was out all day today, but Vilma is far from classless

I will till I hear the comment since I was out all day today, but Vilma is far from classless

I'm sure you'll read about his comments tomorrow, not even your fellow Jets fans are sticking up for him at JI.
By the way it was on Mike & Maddogs show on WFAN, I'm sure there is a link there.

Last edited:
I went over JI and read what he said. what he said really is stupid I will not attempt to defend those comments. I will just say he is a bright young kid who is smart and leads by example a lot. I am hoping this is just a result of youth. Hopefully someone will come to him and tell him the context in which he said that is unacceptable. This doesnt make him classless to me but it does lessen my great view on him a little. He has been everything I would want from my leader on defense from day one since he joined the team up to this point

Last edited:
I went over JI and read what he said. what he said really is stupid I will not attempt to defend those comments. I will just say he is a bright young kid who is smart and leads by example a lot. I am hoping this is just a result of youth. Hopefully someone will come to him and tell him the context in which he said that is unacceptable. This doesnt make him classless to me but it does lessen my great view on him a little. He has been everything I would want from my leader on defense from day one since he joined the team up to this point

Give it a rest with the context and youth nonsense, if he needs someone to tell him that making two animals fight to a bloody painful death is not okay no matter who does it, he has ZERO class.

Give it a rest with the context and youth nonsense, if he needs someone to tell him that making two animals fight to a bloody painful death is not okay no matter who does it, he has ZERO class.

So that makes him classless? Way to judge someone off of one stupid comment and blow everything out of context.

Last edited:
So that makes him classless? Way to judge someone off of one stupid comment and blow everything out of context.

Tell me what context could possibly excuse being asked about dog fighting and replying "to each his own?" there is no other way to take that comment, sorry.

Tell me what context could possibly excuse being asked about dog fighting and replying "to each his own?" there is no other way to take that comment, sorry.

well I only know what I read, this is what I read

Asked about his personal feelings regarding dog fighting, Vilma said: "I never looked at it one way or another. . . . Of course, dog fighting is much more extreme, but you can equate it to horse racing. You have animal activists that don't condone horse racing. They feel that the horses are being tested brutally or whatever the situation is. For me, I'm not an animal activist and it's to each his own."

Which sounds a lot like Vilma doesn't have a problem with horse racing. Or dog fighting.

With all that said, Vilma recognizes that Vick needs to take responsibility for the things that were happening at his house in Virginia, regardless of whether he was directly involved.

through this it is stupid but he never condones or supports dog fighting, but never speaks out against it. I already said this comment is unacceptable. What I said is someone needs to come to him and tell him you cant say something like this in this context. Which means we are saying the exact same thing, but I just dont feel it makes him classless b/c he doesnt condone dog fighting. I will take his collective track record as an athlete in the pro's and college over 1 stupid comment. Havent I already said I will not and can defend this comment. He has been nothing short of a great student of the game and great example of character so far in the NFL.

Last edited:
Correct me if im wrong but I called him an idiot for comparing dog fighting to horse racing. I never heard of him condoning it anywhere or saying he had no problem with it. It even says Vilma believes Vick must take responsiblity for his actions. This makes him classless?

Last edited:
Why are you here? Aren't you embarrassed by your sad sack team and organization? Tell your owner to go back to his used car dealership.

Why can't you stay on task? That has nothing to do with this topic. I'm here to talk about football, not sit here and have a toilet-talk fest with people who oppose my views or rooting interests.

Why can't you stay on task? That has nothing to do with this topic. I'm here to talk about football, not sit here and have a toilet-talk fest with people who oppose my views or rooting interests.

It is on topic. You're a troll. I'd be embarrassed if I were you. I'm just amazed that you keep coming back talking ****e after you've been humiliated.

He took the moeny dont you think it should be an unspoken understood agreement among men that if you take the money you plan on staying? They tried to screw him by making him the highest paid DC coordinator then hiring him the next year? Explain plz b/c I dont follow Where were the almighty Pats at the time? Im sure they were world beaters over the Jets. Stop the name calling and address my points. If you cant argue in a clear and mature manner then I dont want to bother discussing this.

No. You take the money to perform a service. That service is, you stay on as AC of the Jets instead of HC of the Raiders. If signing on as an AC is a promise of staying on forever with an organization, then your sense of things is really warped. Why would belichick prmoise the Jets anything in that situation? He's the employee, not the employer. Look at the guy, Parcells, that was trying to force him to stay. That guy broke more contracts than anyone in history, and you have the nerve to say tha Belichick broke a promise when Parcells was your freakin' GM? Please!!

Just to prove that Parcells kNEW the Jets were a sinking ship, and that he STUCK Belichick in there because he didn't want him going to the Patriots, Parcells went on to coach the Cowboys. Why didn't your very own GM stick with the Jets and show some loyalty instead of leaving to coach another team a mere 1 year later?

Last edited:
why am I surprised that QG would want such authoritarian conformity? Because I thought he liked Belichicks jedi master look. :rofl:

A. The things that Mangini have been doing to tamper with Pats players are blatantly classless.

B. How can you possibly draw the line between "condoning" and "not speaking out against." Do you have any grip of the definition of 'condoning?' He was completely straightforward in saying that it's a "to each their own" thing, which is absolutely condoning dog fighting. He has no problem with it. If he knows someone who does it, he has no problem with them. That's the definition of condoning a behavior.

Uh no, the Jets hired him b/c he was regarded for 3 years as Bill Parcells successor. They made him the highest paid DC in football to keep him until bill left. He didnt have a problem taking their money for 3 years, he then left a dead man(our owner who died in 99 the same year he left) who put his faith in him for three years to be the next head coach of the Jets
So when old man Hess kicked the bucket, Belichick had two options... a safe, secure future in New England or a completely unknown future with an unknown owner in NY... so he chose New England. It isn't a matter of having "class" it's a matter of having brains.

He took the moeny dont you think it should be an unspoken understood agreement among men that if you take the money you plan on staying?
Call me crazy, but.... no. After NY's fantastic 1998 season, they wanted to make one more shot at all the marbles, but Belichick was fielding offers from other teams. The Jets wanted to keep him as the defensive coordinator for one more run so they offered him a pretty tidy sum of money for one more year, and he accepted. But there was no agreement or promise for what the future (after 1999) would entail and any reports to the contrary simply are not true.

I just turned a jets fan in 95 so I am really not familiar how the Jets got Parcells and the whole situation.
Well then let me give you a little history lesson, my fine feathered friend..!! Although if you became a Jets fan in 1995 you should know these things... (let me guess, you were a Giants fan before then but when they started sucking you did the Hudson River Switch Teams Special...?) Anyway...

In January 1997, as the Pats were preparing for Super Bowl 31, the Jets tampered with the head coach that was under contract with the New England Patriots. And when I say Parcells was under contract with the Patriots, he still had an entire season remaining. It wasn't like his contract expired after SB31. So while he should have been preparing for the Super Bowl, he was also negotiating with the Jets. That's why his hotel room in New Orleans had so many phone calls to Hempstead, NY.

After the Super Bowl, Parcells quits his job. The Jets want to hire him, he wants to work for them, the league wants Parcells to be coach somewhere, so they all negotiated a compensation package of picks (which would be wasted by Bobby Grier).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes