PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Addai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr.Kilowatt said:
Your probably right, because the Jets and fish are in your division. I would like to ask which team out of your division do you dislike the most, or atleast want to beat the most.
12 AFC teams not indivision (cross conference not really a rivalry unless the teams meet froquently in SB). Order of amount of teams would like to beat the most:

1. Raiders
2. Steelers
3. Broncos
4. Colts
5. Ravens

who cares (all Ii want is a win):
Texas
Titans
Jaguars
Browns
Bengals
CHiefs
CHargers

If the Colts get better and start to beat us, if they ever knock us out of the playoffs, then they may get past Denver. But right now I would LOVE to smash the crap out of Denver, much more that the Colt, who are not nearly as good as ESPN thinks they are.

Jacky Roberts said:
You know, there were some great videos of JR Redmond in college, too. Dolts fans are reaching badly if they think Addai is better than Maroney. They are also reaching if they think Indy would have taken Addai over Maroney if both were on the board.

Absolutely true, that is what happens when you pick late as we all know all too well. It makes the Pats' current dynasty all that much more impressive.

There is good reason to believe that if we had picked ahead of the Colts last year we would have picked Marlin Jackson.

fairly good...

zippo59 said:
I agree that Colts fans are slanting the truth to make themselves believe they got the better back but I wanted to get other people's opinion because I am going to slant it somewhat because I'm a Pat's fans. You all will too but I think the more people's opinions we get on it the closer to the truth we will get. I personally think Addai looks like a nice player, but he is not going to be the All-Pro stud Indy fans are making him out to be. Most unColt reviews seem to think he is a jack of all trades, master of none type player. He does many things well but nothing exceptionally. I think the Kevin Faulk comparisons are pretty valid, only that Kevin had a better college career. People on the Colts board were comparing him to another Faulk who plays for the Rams.:bricks:

I think the most apt comparison is to... Patrick Pass. A fair blocker, fair receiver, fair straitish-line runer, fair size, fair power, in general a fair player...

spacecrime said:
Order of amount of teams would like to beat the most:

1. Raiders
2. Steelers
3. Broncos
4. Colts
5. Ravens

You really care that much about the Raiders? I think they are pretty irrelevant because they are so bad. I really don't consider them a rival, nor do I particularly dislike them. For me, the Broncos are our #1 rival, in division or out, who I would love to beat, simply because they are the only team that has been able to consistently beat us over the dynasty. After that it would be the Steelers, then the Colts. Pittsburgh hasn't been able to beat us in an important game any more than Indianappolis has, but at least they have one the Superbowl.

zippo59 said:
You really care that much about the Raiders? I think they are pretty irrelevant because they are so bad. I really don't consider them a rival, nor do I particularly dislike them. For me, the Broncos are our #1 rival, in division or out, who I would love to beat, simply because they are the only team that has been able to consistently beat us over the dynasty. After that it would be the Steelers, then the Colts. Pittsburgh hasn't been able to beat us in an important game any more than Indianappolis has, but at least they have one the Superbowl.
I have not gotten over 1976. I don't see them as rivals right now because they suck so back, but it wasn't that long ago that Raider trolls were all over this board. Well, I guess it was five years :)

But I take more pleasure out of beating them than any other team.

Last edited:
JJDChE said:
There's a reason every draft analyst and football mind in the free world had Maroney rated over Addai before the draft. He's better, that's it. Anyone who thinks otherwise (especially a Colts fan) is practicing revisionist history.

Highlight videos are cool and they can tell you something about a guy, but you can't compare players with highlight videos. If you could, Maurice Drew would have been a 1st rounder.

LOL. How true. I'd still love to see him returning punts on the Pats.

No regrets about Maroney, though. He's got all the potential. Just a matter of how much he wants it.

Personally, I think Addai is okay, but he stands up too high when he runs. He's going to get teed off on in the NFL if he continues to run like that. I think Maroney and DeAngelo Williams are the 2 best pure RB's in this year's draft.

Of course I might be just a little partial to DeAngelo.:D He gave us 4 electrifying years at Memphis.

bluetiger said:
Personally, I think Addai is okay, but he stands up too high when he runs. He's going to get teed off on in the NFL if he continues to run like that.

Yes YES. Finally someone said it.... He is gonna get killed in the NFL running like that.

This guy is going to be more of a

zippo59 said:
I was scanning a Colts message board when I came across a posted highlight video of Addai. Colts fans were drooling over themselves saying this proves he is better than Maroney. I don't watch college football so I have seen neither Addai or Maroney in action. Is this video impressive? How does it compare to Maroney's and does that mean anything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8n2fUvNug

"situational" back in the NFL I would imagine. He is a TOTALLY different back than Maroney........He does remind me of a slightly faster Antowain Smith....gets a few yards and goes down......Maroney is a bullet train......Addai doesn't have that 2nd or 3rd gear quick burst like Maroney.....Maroney is going to be a PRO bowl RB in the NFL.....Addai will be a average back......nothing special........Colts will be hurting at RB this year unless they make a trade for FA.....one man's opinion

They wanted Maroney, they didnt get him. This is what Colts fans do, compare everything to the Pats, and how each and every Colt is better than the Patriots. Maroney, from the videos I have seen is frigging incredible, I'd rather have him than Addai. Addai might be good but thats a huge de grade from Edge. Once the running game fails for them, Manning will have to go for 5000 yards passing, and get picked off 20 times in the process.

Also, I would love to kick Denver's ass this year. Broncos fans wont shut up, about it. It was their most glorious moment since the Elway days to beat the Pats, but the Pats beat themselves. You could tell that our offense was exhausted for most of the game. The defense played great, but no blame layed on anyone. It was just ugly. And I hope at Foxboro this year it will be ugly for the Broncos.

Last edited:
You said it right here

Kdo5 said:
They wanted Maroney, they didnt get him. This is what Colts fans do, compare everything to the Pats, and how each and every Colt is better than the Patriots. Maroney, from the videos I have seen is frigging incredible, I'd rather have him than Addai. Addai might be good but thats a huge de grade from Edge. Once the running game fails for them, Manning will have to go for 5000 yards passing, and get picked off 20 times in the process.

Also, I would love to kick Denver's ass this year. Broncos fans wont shut up, about it. It was their most glorious moment since the Elway days to beat the Pats, but the Pats beat themselves. You could tell that our offense was exhausted for most of the game. The defense played great, but no blame layed on anyone. It was just ugly. And I hope at Foxboro this year it will be ugly for the Broncos.

on two points.....you cannot watch the maroney highlight videos that have been on here and not salivate at what he SHOULD (and IMHO WILL) bring to our offense.........and Addai's highlight reel looks pretty darned average in comparison..........and Yes, I hope we DEMOLISH old glass eye's team. WE and the refs......BEAT ourselves.....and nothing more.......they basically kept the ship steady after the refs gave them huge breaks......and didn't make any mistakes to let us back in it.....while doing NOTHING big to win it......Kind of reminds me of SB 40.......Stealers got all the calls by the refs......and put it in cruise control while the seahawks kept shooting themselves in the foot........ugh....what a horrible display of "championship" football that was....

Kdo5 said:
but the Pats beat themselves.
I don't buy this when other teams (like the Squealers) say, "The best team didn't win." and I don't buy it when the Pats lose, either.

Great teams overcome bad breaks.

INTs and fumble resposnibility goes to both teams. The team that plays better will force these things and the team that doesn't play better won't.

The Broncos played better than the Patriots, that's all. When it was necessary to execute, the Broncos did what they had to do. Call it cruise control or whatever, they didn't make mistakes. When it came time for the Pats to do what they had to do, they threw 103 yard TD INT, missed a critical field goal, and fumbled the ball away.

Much as it pains me to say this (I am a major homer), Shanahan had a brilliant coaching plan. The Broncos ignored the run and played pass all the time. Belichick was not prepared for it.

The Pats were outplayed at all levels that day and lost.

I think they could have won. I think they should have won. I think if that HAD beaten the Broncos they would be Superbowl Champs.

This is why it is so hard to repeat, let alone win a SB. Every team has bad games, real stinkers every so often. Go to the playoff well often enough, and you get broken. It only takes one bad game in the playoffs to be forced onto the golf course.

spacecrime said:
Much as it pains me to say this (I am a major homer), Shanahan had a brilliant coaching plan. The Broncos ignored the run and played pass all the time. Belichick was not prepared for it.

Absolutely correct, and with our limitations at RB after a hobbled Dillon is it any wonder that BB went RB in the 1st round and heavily offense thereafter?

He doesn't like having his options limited as they were last year.

spacecrime said:
I don't buy this when other teams (like the Squealers) say, "The best team didn't win." and I don't buy it when the Pats lose, either.

Great teams overcome bad breaks.

INTs and fumble resposnibility goes to both teams. The team that plays better will force these things and the team that doesn't play better won't.

The Broncos played better than the Patriots, that's all. When it was necessary to execute, the Broncos did what they had to do. Call it cruise control or whatever, they didn't make mistakes. When it came time for the Pats to do what they had to do, they threw 103 yard TD INT, missed a critical field goal, and fumbled the ball away.

The Pats were outplayed at all levels that day and lost.

I think they could have won. I think they should have won. I think if that HAD beaten the Broncos they would be Superbowl Champs.

This is why it is so hard to repeat, let alone win a SB. Every team has bad games, real stinkers every so often. Go to the playoff well often enough, and you get broken. It only takes one bad game in the playoffs to be forced onto the golf course.

Well said. I'd like to hold ourselves to a higher standard than Colts fans, who insist that they've been the best team in the NFL for each of the last three years.

The Patriots were the best team in the NFL in 2001, 2003, and 2004, despite what the Raiders, Rams, Steelers, Titans, and whoever else thinks. The Patriots were not the best team in 2005. Let's accept it, and move on to '06.

Last edited:
dryheat44 said:
move on to '06.
2006is going to be an awesome year. I can't wait for training camp!!!!!

This Addai?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAmljaj5stA

Seems too hairy and queer. And he couldn't even avoid the bus.

Seriously, Addai doesn't eat and breathe football. He's a very good prospect who will show flashes before petering out.

Meanwhile...

Laurence Maroney will become The Edge the Colts were looking for. Poor Blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back