PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Addai

Status
Not open for further replies.

zippo59

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
I was scanning a Colts message board when I came across a posted highlight video of Addai. Colts fans were drooling over themselves saying this proves he is better than Maroney. I don't watch college football so I have seen neither Addai or Maroney in action. Is this video impressive? How does it compare to Maroney's and does that mean anything?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8n2fUvNug

Big 10 run-D > SEC run-D

...that line ought to shut em up. If not, we'll take care of it in a few months.

he's a physical guy with good balance. He does not have Maroney's explosive acceleration...and all those stupid juke moves will get him run over in the NFL. Maroney has excellent vision but I have no idea how Addai rates in that area.

instead of worrying about Maroney, they ought to worry how he compares to Edge. After all, we've still got Dillon...he's our bruiser and now we've got some burst to compliment it.

don't get me wrong, addai is an NFL-caliber back...but he's no replacement for Edge...and they know it.

CAN WE JUST GO AHEAD AND PLAY THIS GAME RIGHT NOW!

Last edited:
he simply doesnt have too much experience as a starter..look at successfull LSU stars..Kevin Faulk..Domanick Davis..LaBrandon Toefield..receivers out of backfield..Davis being best of them so far in NFL

There both very good RBs. Oddly enough, I think they'd be a better fit on the opposite teams. I see no need to rank them before they've played an NFL game.

For some reason, from that video alone, Addai very much resembles Antslow Smith. I realize Addai is faster, but there's just something about it.. It might be the footwork.

Watch the vide of Maroney and watch only his feet. Then watch this video of Addai while watching only the feet. It's like Addai's in slow motion. Footwork is vital in the NFL. On every one of his little stutter step juke moves Addai's feet simply stop for a moment. That will get him killed in the NFL.

Brownfan80 said:
For some reason, from that video alone, Addai very much resembles Antslow Smith. I realize Addai is faster, but there's just something about it.. It might be the footwork.
Of course any player will look good in these things but I agree that he doesn't seem to have near the explosiveness of Maroney.

zippo59 said:
I was scanning a Colts message board when I came across a posted highlight video of Addai. Colts fans were drooling over themselves saying this proves he is better than Maroney. I don't watch college football so I have seen neither Addai or Maroney in action. Is this video impressive? How does it compare to Maroney's and does that mean anything?

You know, there were some great videos of JR Redmond in college, too. Dolts fans are reaching badly if they think Addai is better than Maroney. They are also reaching if they think Indy would have taken Addai over Maroney if both were on the board.

There's a reason every draft analyst and football mind in the free world had Maroney rated over Addai before the draft. He's better, that's it. Anyone who thinks otherwise (especially a Colts fan) is practicing revisionist history.

Highlight videos are cool and they can tell you something about a guy, but you can't compare players with highlight videos. If you could, Maurice Drew would have been a 1st rounder.

zippo59 said:

They could have a video of Granny from the Beverly Hillbillies running and they'd say she was better than Maroney. When the team they hate the most takes the player they wanted most, this kind of stuff is bound to happen.

JJDChE said:
There's a reason every draft analyst and football mind in the free world had Maroney rated over Addai before the draft. He's better, that's it. Anyone who thinks otherwise (especially a Colts fan) is practicing revisionist history.

Highlight videos are cool and they can tell you something about a guy, but you can't compare players with highlight videos. If you could, Maurice Drew would have been a 1st rounder.

Of course every draft analyst said Ricky Williams would be better than Edge. That Keyshawn Johnson would be better than Harrison. I am sure that there was some quarterback that was suppose to be better than Brady. We won't know for a couple of years who is better. Hopefully they will both be great and the New England, Indy rivalry can continue for many years.

I agree that Colts fans are slanting the truth to make themselves believe they got the better back but I wanted to get other people's opinion because I am going to slant it somewhat because I'm a Pat's fans. You all will too but I think the more people's opinions we get on it the closer to the truth we will get. I personally think Addai looks like a nice player, but he is not going to be the All-Pro stud Indy fans are making him out to be. Most unColt reviews seem to think he is a jack of all trades, master of none type player. He does many things well but nothing exceptionally. I think the Kevin Faulk comparisons are pretty valid, only that Kevin had a better college career. People on the Colts board were comparing him to another Faulk who plays for the Rams.:bricks:

Last edited:
Mr.Kilowatt said:
Hopefully they will both be great and the New England, Indy rivalry can continue for many years.
Screw that, I hope Addai is a total failure and Manning whithers on the vine with no stud RB. Wish the best for the Colts ? Not me. No way.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
Hopefully they will both be great and the New England, Indy rivalry can continue for many years.

What rivalry? Don't they have to beat us in a meaningful game for there to be a rivalry? I guess a hammer and a nail is a good rivalry, too...

Jacky Roberts said:
What rivalry? Don't they have to beat us in a meaningful game for there to be a rivalry? I guess a hammer and a nail is a good rivalry, too...

Well like it or not, it is a rivalry. If it wasn't there wouldn't be so many New England fans on the Colts message board. Which, by the way is where I come from. I am not on here to cause trouble, just talk football.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
Well like it or not, it is a rivalry. If it wasn't there wouldn't be so many New England fans on the Colts message board. Which, by the way is where I come from. I am not on here to cause trouble, just talk football.

I understand, but I think most Pats fans look at the Dolphins and Jets as bigger rivals than the Colts. I think Colts fans look at the Pats the way us Red Sox fans look at the Yankees.

Jacky Roberts said:
I understand, but I think most Pats fans look at the Dolphins and Jets as bigger rivals than the Colts. I think Colts fans look at the Pats the way us Red Sox fans look at the Yankees.

Your probably right, because the Jets and fish are in your division. I would like to ask which team out of your division do you dislike the most, or atleast want to beat the most. I have to think the Colts would be right up near the top. I think NE has become more of a rivalry with Colts fans, because Tenn. hasn't been very good and Jacksonville and Houston just aren't close enough. I myself love the week leading up to playing you guys and usually hate the week after. I was really hoping we both would have won our playoff game and got get you guys at home again.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
Of course every draft analyst said Ricky Williams would be better than Edge. That Keyshawn Johnson would be better than Harrison. I am sure that there was some quarterback that was suppose to be better than Brady. We won't know for a couple of years who is better. Hopefully they will both be great and the New England, Indy rivalry can continue for many years.

Sorry, I should have said 'better prospect'. Obviously Addai could turn out to be better, we don't know the future.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
Your probably right, because the Jets and fish are in your division. I would like to ask which team out of your division do you dislike the most, or atleast want to beat the most. I have to think the Colts would be right up near the top.

I agree, Indy is near the top of the list but I think that is more because we are resentful of the undeserved media accolades and praise Manning and the rest of the team receives, as opposed to the hate that comes from being beaten by them, like the hate Red Sox fans feel towards the Yankees. I'm not trying to be a jerk Pats fan, but frankly, they just haven't beaten us enough to feel that way.

Mr.Kilowatt said:
Well like it or not, it is a rivalry.
I like wathing the Pats beat the Colts, but it's not a rivalry.

Celtics-Lakers was a rivalry. Pats-Raiders before the Raiders sucked so bad.

Pats-Jets and Pats-Dolphins is a rivalry. Pats-Steelers getting to be a rivalry, especially now that they've won a SB.

But it isn't a rivalry when one teams lays down for the other team.

Anyway, I thing Addai-Maroney comparisons are stupid. The only questions that count are: Will Maroney be a good replacement for Dillon/Antowain who together helped win three SBs? and will Addai be a good replacement fo James who made play action work for the your Boy Wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes