PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adams over Brace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone is impressed with his weight at 330 but fail to see he at 6 5 is more suited as a end then NT.NT is more about leverage and a taller mass is going to lose leverage.

Vince might hold out for a contract next year or a Non franchise deal like samuel. He has more good will and i think this will be a anticlimatic if he refuses to play and one of the below
Jets,SF,Dolphins,GB,Steelers,chargers teams is going to interfer with a offer.
chargers for years have been unsuccessfull to find jamal repalcement and i will put them top candidate for 2 1st rounders.

Anyone here ... feel free to correct my memory. I recall some talk that Brace was not very good with his hand play - which is huge for a NT. I think I recall Fred Smerlas saying he got by on his size and strength in college and he had lots to learn with using his hands. BTW Vince aside from being big and strong is supposed to be excellant with his hand play.

Sometimes I'm a bit weary from a long day when listening ... so like I said if anyone else heard that feel free to chime in and/or correct me.

Last edited:
Why is any different than when Sands was brought in the last time WIlfork was injured?

I guess we'll know this weekend. Last week Vince wasn't dinged Pryor was. So they probably figured Adams skill set is closer to Pryor's. This week Vince's health is a real question mark, like when they used Sands. I would say we'll know allot about Brace's progress based on his status for Sunday.

ummm, BJ Raji is not "doing nothing" in Green Bay, in fact he's been very good as of late.

Brace looks to be another BB draft blunder, that list is getting long.

Please point out all the GMs who've been with a team for the same amount of time that Belichick has and don't have a "draft blunder" list that's getting long.

I suspect that Brace would be the slowest DE in the NFL, surely the slowest in the 2009 draft class. Guys like Wilfork have the quickness to play DE, Brace does not.

Everyone is impressed with his weight at 330 but fail to see he at 6 5 is more suited as a end then NT.NT is more about leverage and a taller mass is going to lose leverage.

Vince might hold out for a contract next year or a Non franchise deal like samuel. He has more good will and i think this will be a anticlimatic if he refuses to play and one of the below
Jets,SF,Dolphins,GB,Steelers,chargers teams is going to interfer with a offer.
chargers for years have been unsuccessfull to find jamal repalcement and i will put them top candidate for 2 1st rounders.

Why is any different than when Sands was brought in the last time WIlfork was injured?

i liked sands he was geting a lot of push up front in the few plays he had im not sure why they cut him

In the first few games this year, it seemed like Brace was being handled by a single blocker and (more disturbingly) was manipulated laterally. That is not good for a DL, a serious problem for a DT and a disaster for a 3-4 NT. So my observation is that Brace needs technique work (leverage, hand battles, etc.) before he gets significant time as part of the rotation. Good news is that these techniques are teachable and Brace has the best coaches and mentors around.

He has been active a few times since the first couple of games but I haven't noticed him either positively or negatively. So I'm not sure if he has improved but I'll be watching for him over the next couple of games.

Please point out all the GMs who've been with a team for the same amount of time that Belichick has and don't have a "draft blunder" list that's getting long.

Look at the players BB has passed up while trading back a zillion times in order to select a Terrence Wheatley or Ron Brace.

Patriots would not be in the state they currently are if he stayed put and drafted players like David Harris or DeMeco Ryans. The list of great missed players is endless.

Every team misses, BB just so happen to whiff quite a bit lately.

Brace may need another full offseason to learn what he needs to learn and another season to develop. That's fine with me as long as the talent and work ethic are there, as they apparently are.

Last edited:
i thought the same thing when i saw adams out there on sunday.

not to say that he will or will not ever become a solid player, but i remember watching highlight films, most of raji, and seeing brace on the ground

Re: Adams over Brace ?

Here's to hoping for the latter

Yes. Wilfork is far and away better than anyone who might play nose, especially Brace at this point. Assuming Brace has the desire and persistence to learn and perform at the position, he will never touch Wilfork in athletic ability.

As has been mentioned, the only one close to covering the position otherwise is Warren and we don't want to go there.

There are so few impact D linemen who come out of college and make a significant impact their first year in the NFL. The short attention span video game Madden sniffers on this board just don't get it and never will.

Look at the players BB has passed up while trading back a zillion times in order to select a Terrence Wheatley or Ron Brace.

Patriots would not be in the state they currently are if he stayed put and drafted players like David Harris or DeMeco Ryans. The list of great missed players is endless.

Every team misses, BB just so happen to whiff quite a bit lately.

If this is your "evidence", you've got no case.

Brace was drafted to hopefully replace Wilfork after two years of development. Wilfork will be franchised next year. Why wouldn't he be, unless he were extended.

FOr the patriots, it takes time to develop players in the 34.

so.....what's myron pryor's story??????

that's garbage........there have been plenty of instances where he should have been able to at least step on the field for some plays.

brace is fat, brace is lazy.......you can't teach that kind of size, but the pats have passed on better NT prospect later in the draft in previous years (gabe watson, pat sims, red bryant,).....terrence knighton (drafted by the jags later, but was a better NT prospect than brace) would have found a way on the field for the pats.

Brace may need another full offseason to learn what he needs to learn and another season to develop. That's fine with me as long as the talent and work ethic are there, as they apparently are.

if the work ethic was there, he would have found his way on the field more than he has

There are so few impact D linemen who come out of college and make a significant impact their first year in the NFL. The short attention span video game Madden sniffers on this board just don't get it and never will.

either that, or you have no clue

How many reps has Pryor played at NT?

so.....what's myron pryor's story??????

that's garbage........there have been plenty of instances where he should have been able to at least step on the field for some plays.

brace is fat, brace is lazy.......you can't teach that kind of size, but the pats have passed on better NT prospect later in the draft in previous years (gabe watson, pat sims, red bryant,).....terrence knighton (drafted by the jags later, but was a better NT prospect than brace) would have found a way on the field for the pats.

Curiously, this isn't grade school, even though it sometimes seems so. Work ethic isn't what gets you on the field.

if the work ethic was there, he would have found his way on the field more than he has

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes