PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adamjt13's projection for the comp picks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good , two sixth rounders. Will help if we want to trade up with our other picks. We can't trade the comp picks but we can use them to catch someone who may have fallen.

Makes much sense to me....and 2 6th rounders are fine....

Every little bit helps

I'd use our "non-compensation" 6th rounder to move up on either of our fourth round choices if it looks like someone we have targeted is falling close to our draft position in that round. Could be some good players there:

F Rouche
T Dobbins
W Blackmon
S Montavious
S Fifita
K Parham
etc

Kind of like those two mathematicians ... studying wobbles in the orbit of Uranus,

worked out a prediction for where they said another planet must be.

Sent those coordinates to an astronomical observatory ... who looked,

and Voila! ... found Neptune there.

Good detecting, adamjt !

Last edited:
Judging from that page so that means losing Vinateiri could just mean a 6th or 5th round pick? Who would like to take a stab on that one...assuming we sign no big name Free Agents of course which would affect it.

F.B.N. said:
Judging from that page so that means losing Vinateiri could just mean a 6th or 5th round pick? Who would like to take a stab on that one...assuming we sign no big name Free Agents of course which would affect it.
Givens would likely get more but I expect us to be a little more active in FA this year which would offset those losses. And that of Neal.

F.B.N. said:

Let's say that the Pats lose Adam and Givens and the other 13 free agents are either signed by the Patriots or not signed by any team. If the Pats sign 3 free agents to the smallest deals possible, then they would not get a comp pick at all in 2007 even if Adam and Givens both got huge contracts.

Two 6ths; nice. That gives us some more room to work with as far as trades go, with 5th and 6th rounders to use as bait. It doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to move up a few spots in rounds 2-4, or to stockpile for 2007.

stinkypete said:
Two 6ths; nice. That gives us some more room to work with as far as trades go, with 5th and 6th rounders to use as bait. It doesn't sound like much, but it's enough to move up a few spots in rounds 2-4, or to stockpile for 2007.
Our tradeable late pick could, indeed, go for a round earlier in 2007 if we find a partner. Extra 6s will be nice if we lose Adam and don't sign a big FA kicker, we could bring in a street FA and also a draft choice to compete. There isn't a big time Kicker this year but there may be someone we like.

flutie2phelan said:
Kind of like those two mathematicians ... studying wobbles in the orbit of Uranus,
[/color]

Sometimes my anus wobbles too, so I know how they probably felt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flutie2phelan

Sometimes my anus wobbles too, so I know how they probably felt.

Honest, Shaka, i'm not quite LOL ... but the effort to avoid doing so ... nearly caused me to choke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back