PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam where are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats60

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Figured i`d go to my favorite site to see what AV is up too.
I found nothing posted about him .
Not even in the globe is his name to be found.
Out of site out of mind i guess.

Nothing to report he didn't sign with the Packers yesterday, so now it's wait and see. I don't expect him to be back, I think he made up his mind and is going no matter what.

If AV has made up his mind and is gone, what are the options for his replacement? Vanderjerk? Id rather have Keyshawn on this team. Willie's departure was a dark day for the Pats. If AV leaves, we will have a long road ahead before training camp.

If AV has made up his mind and is gone, what are the options for his replacement?

Two words.... Doug Flutie ;)

I'm just guessing but I have the impression Adam is finding out no team is going to pay a kicker as much as he thought he'd get offered after all the adulation he's recieved since 2001. I'm not predicting he's coming back to Foxboro or not, but I'm guessing he thought he'd be showered with big offers and has now found out he's not getting them. Pure speculation on my part.

It is kind of odd that Vinatieri and his agent have suddenly stopped calling all reporters this weekend.

He screwed himself by making it so obvious to the entire league that all he cares about is the benjamins. Everybody is leery of even talking to the guy because they already know his demands are ridiculous. He might as well go whole hog and hire the Poston brothers.

If GB made him an offer that he can't refuse, he would have signed by now.

Who knows what he's up to and I'm beginning not to care.

BTW: I can't post on any of the older threads. I get the 10 charature message. Anyoone else have this problem?

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
If GB made him an offer that he can't refuse, he would have signed by now.

Who knows what he's up to and I'm beginning not to care.

BTW: I can't post on any of the older threads. I get the 10 charature message. Anyoone else have this problem?

Maybe they're trying to tell you something. :D

I seem to recall reading tha the had vacation plans in Argentina? That wouldn't stop his agent from negotiating though.

In the meantime, when does BB really piss him off and make an offer for Josh Brown or sign Edinger?

Last edited:
I've told you before and I'll tell you again: McGinest, Givens, and Vinatieri will all re-sign.

...Oh, wait....

Well, I'm batting .000 on that statement from a few days ago, so let's hope that becomes .333.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Maybe they're trying to tell you something. :D

Apon further review, I don't think I really want to anyway.:cool:

hwc said:
It is kind of odd that Vinatieri and his agent have suddenly stopped calling all reporters this weekend.

He screwed himself by making it so obvious to the entire league that all he cares about is the benjamins. Everybody is leery of even talking to the guy because they already know his demands are ridiculous. He might as well go whole hog and hire the Poston brothers.

* Yeah. TO gets 10 million for one year, but teams are leery about Adam.

fgssand said:
In the meantime, when does BB really piss him off and make an offer for Josh Brown or sign Edinger?

If I were Belichick, I would call Adam's agent and inform him that I am making the following offer (Longwood's deal plus 10%) this afternoon to another kicker and, out of "respect", I'm giving Adam the opportunity to "match" or accept the same offer before I do the deal.

This nonsense has gone on too long.

PatsSteve1 said:
* Yeah. TO gets 10 million for one year, but teams are leery about Adam.

They are leery because they think Adam is just jerking them around, the same way he's been jerking the Pats around, shopping their offer all over town.

If you notice, Adam hasn't exactly had a plethora of visits lined up.

hwc said:
If I were Belichick, I would call Adam's agent and inform him that I am making the following offer (Longwood's deal plus 10%) this afternoon to another kicker and, out of "respect", I'm giving Adam the opportunity to "match" or accept the same offer before I do the deal.

I agree and disagree..... AV is playing his game for all it can bring him. If someone steps up and overpays, yeah, he is probably gone. Doesn't seem like anyone is willing to do that though. I cannot stop thinking that 3MM plus for a kicker is a lot of money - it will means we cannot keep a couple of players that we would have liked to have paid more than vet min, and we end up with cheap FA's or rookies filling the spot that the excess cash for AV will take away.

Who is the team player and who cares about the team when that happens??

Then again, it is AV and the man is money......I agree with you that I am sick of it, but, is there really any hurry??

hwc said:
He screwed himself by making it so obvious to the entire league that all he cares about is the benjamins. QUOTE]
Um....yeah...caring about money during free agency will shock every FO around the league.
I get so sick of fans thinking that a player shouldn't try to get paid all they can. I do at my job. Sure, quality of life plays some role but if you have the opppurtunity to get paid doible what you are making, you take it. If you don't you're an idiot. The saying goes (paraphrasing), "If you aren't anti-establishment when you are 20 years old, you got no heart. If you aren't part of it by the time you're 30, you got no brains." Harsh but true.
But again, I know he's a fan favoritae and all. but he's a kicker. A kicker: the prettiest fat girl at the prom.

hwc said:

Here is Adam's agent talking to BB. Do you want to guess what he's saying?

showmethemoneyphoto.jpg

Relax, people

AV will be back, if the Pats and he have the same number in mind to peg his value to.

I think more than the McGinnest case, AV is "testing the waters." Yes, he should do so, especially as a kicker. Rarely in this game does a kicker stir up the attention Vinaterri has, and all sides recognize this. However, BB et al. also recognize you need to peg a value to each player, and 3M+ is just sky-high for a kicker.

Will they pay it? I would say they would pay 3 point something, and probably not 3.5 - although I may be wrong.

My biggest question is, who are the guys they're saving the 17 mil in cap room for? The draft money comes from the "rookie pool," and the big-money free agents are dropping like flies.

If past experience is any guide, it will all become crystal clear in retrospect, and we'll all be whining about how BB and SP have "lost it this time" until then.

One possibility: does anybody know whether signing bonus money etc. comes from the rookie pool? If that is not the case, the Pats could be building toward paying some up-front money to people they sign from the draft NOW, rather than prorating, to buy them later cap space. I've given up trying to second-guess these guys, but they always seem to come up with something nobody else is doing based on value.

So if the FA pool provides bad value from their perspective, what's to stop the Pats from taking some cap hits - from the draft or in the form of paying their present guys - to make the cap friendlier in the "out years"?

Of course, I think this would mean re-signing AV too. But then again, that's why my name's not Scott Paoli (sp?)

Later,

PFinV

hwc said:
They are leery because they think Adam is just jerking them around, the same way he's been jerking the Pats around, shopping their offer all over town.

If you notice, Adam hasn't exactly had a plethora of visits lined up.

* If he hasn't had many visits then who is he shopping all over town with? You're making stuff up.

There's no rookie pool that is separate from the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down