PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam "wanted to remain with the Patriots in the worst way."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course he did! It's NEVER about the money. Pfffftttt.

Obviously he didn't, because he didn't. They must think we're stupid or something.

Did some magical force come over and move the pen to sign it??? PLEASE!!!!!!

Pats726 said:
Did some magical force come over and move the pen to sign it??? PLEASE!!!!!!
Maybe Polian got a rule change to say that the Colts get to sign whatever UFA they want but the NFL is keeping it quiet. Poor Adam, he had no choice but to leave.

I think that can be translated into:

"Adam wanted the Patriots to cave and overpay him in the worst way."

Sorry, I just don't buy it. Adam wanted to be the highest-paid kicker in league history, not necessarily a Patriot. He found a sucker in Indy to give him his money. Tom Brady and Tedy Bruschi wanted to be Patriots, and that's reflected in their contracts- respectable, but not outrageous. Adam could have followed suit and been a true "Patriot" but he didn't and showed he was available to the highest bidder.

The Pats could have caved but what kind of message does that send to the REAL football players who want their money? "Richard, we gave in to Adam, our PLACEKICKER, but you're just a defensive lineman, we can't make the same exceptions for you." Makes sense now, huh?

richpats said:

Sorry, I just don't buy it. Adam wanted to be the highest-paid kicker in league history, not necessarily a Patriot. He found a sucker in Indy to give him his money. Tom Brady and Tedy Bruschi wanted to be Patriots, and that's reflected in their contracts- respectable, but not outrageous. Adam could have followed suit and been a true "Patriot" but he didn't and showed he was available to the highest bidder.

The Pats could have caved but what kind of message does that send to the REAL football players who want their money? "Richard, we gave in to Adam, our PLACEKICKER, but you're just a defensive lineman, we can't make the same exceptions for you." Makes sense now, huh?
well said...I do NOT buy it at all...sorry you are on target!!

keep in mind who the hack writer of that piece was. Then count how many 'oh, what might have been if the local FO weren't such miserable arrogant pricks' stories he's written in his lifetime. He's not going to miss this opportunity to run it again.

don't blame Adam for it. Or before you do, check to see how many times he's quoted in this story.

Last edited:
I hope this doesn't turn out to be like Andruzzi and his brother last year when everybody was telling him to STFU. Just go to your new team.

Please Adam, if you or any of you family are reading this, say it's about the money.

Say it's about the money and STFU after that. I'll hate you when you put on the Colts uniform. Don't make me hate you after your colts carrer is over.

Please just say it's about the money, I can understand that. But, don't do a bull**** deal. That adds insult to injury and will make it very hard ot forget.

Please just say it's about the money and security and then STFU.

''What you're excited about is that you have a guy who has been in those pressure situations and you don't have to guess how he's going to respond," Dungy said. ''That's really the biggest thing from our standpoint."

I found this curious.

We've never had trouble figuring out how the Colts would respond under pressure, especially Peyton. :confused: :D

Pats67 said:
keep in mind who the hack writer of that piece was. Then count how many 'oh, what might have been if the local FO weren't such miserable arrogant pricks' stories he's written in his lifetime. He's not going to miss this opportunity to run it again.

don't blame Adam for it. Or before you do, check to see how many times he's quoted in this story.
I am just saying if that is something he is selling..it is bogus...it may be that that is a straw man..if it's not true..fine..but if that is what he is saying..just BS..

dryheat44 said:
They just cut off the sentance. It actually reads "...Patriots in the worst way provided they give him more guaranteed money than any other team in the NFL."

The phone connection must have been iffy.
richpats said:

I think both of your are saying pretty much that same thing.

What is it about human nature that makes these players weasel out on just being honest that they are simply looking for the best financial contract and let it go at that - nothing wrong or 'disloyal' in the slightest in that. Or even have to go to the point of hinting or outright bad-mouthing that their present team didn't 'respect' them or 'love' them or 'want' them. Frankly I really get very frustrated and angry at this infantile need - disgusting.

Adam "wanted to remain with the Patriots in the worst way."

Seems like he found the "Worst Way" to remain a Patriot...

...by becoming a DOLT!

An interesting contrast to the Vinatieri situation was the Colts and Vanderjerk. Did anybody notice what a whack Polian took at him by publicly saying that his leg wasn't what it used to be and they couldn't even use him for kickoffs ? That's a pretty good poison reference to hang on the guy when he's shopping for a new team.

The Patriots never seem to have any negative comments or Larry Luchinno type press leak denigrating spins on players. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I have missed some cases.

arrellbee said:
An interesting contrast to the Vinatieri situation was the Colts and Vanderjerk. Did anybody notice what a whack Polian took at him by publicly saying that his leg wasn't what it used to be and they couldn't even use him for kickoffs ? That's a pretty good poison reference to hang on the guy when he's shopping for a new team.

The Patriots never seem to have any negative comments or Larry Luchinno type press leak denigrating spins on players. I'm sure somebody will correct me if I have missed some cases.

I had missed that naPolian poisoned that well as he was moving on.
You're right ... Foxboro doesn't do that. De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

But i have been grudgingly admiring ... of how Indy carried this off.
Lay doggo in the tall weeds, let Green Bay stir up the dust.
Then, when Pioli, might be breathing to himself, "Hey, looks like Adam didn't find the grass
greener in Green Bay after all!"
Then ... pounce !

flutie2phelan said:
I had missed that naPolian poisoned that well as he was moving on.
You're right ... Foxboro doesn't do that. De mortuis nihil nisi bonum.

But i have been grudgingly admiring ... of how Indy carried this off.
Lay doggo in the tall weeds, let Green Bay stir up the dust.
Then, when Pioli, might be breathing to himself, "Hey, looks like Adam didn't find the grass
greener in Green Bay after all!"
Then ... pounce !

Like admiring the pickpocket who gets your wallet without you feeling a thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back