PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Vinatieri = Johnny Damon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Assuming AV leaves, wouldn't he be the local football version of Damon? Leaving a perfect situation for money while burning every bridge along the way?

Jacky Roberts said:
Assuming AV leaves, wouldn't he be the local football version of Damon? Leaving a perfect situation for money while burning every bridge along the way?

Yeah, and giving up millions of dollars in local endorsements and a possible future broadcasting career. Actually, I don't think Johnny could ever be a future broadcaster with the way he stutters.

Jacky Roberts said:

All depends on his exit remarks - something tells me it won't be pretty in which case I will really be disappointed with this guy. Somebody needs to remove his head from his arse - then again, it appears his head has swollen so much over the adulation from the Foxboro faithful that he will never be able to do it.

Wake up AV, before it is too late.

What have we done????

Adulation

" excessive admiration of or devotion to a person <the pathetic adulation of the leader of the cult by her misguided followers> "

ya, I would hate for AV to leave on a bitter note if he indeed is going to leave this season.

Obviously some of my fondest memories of the Patriots have AV right in the thick of things. I would hate for those memories to be devalued in any way.

Hmmm - interesting paralell

Damon, as they say, looks like Jesus, throws like Mary and acts like Judas.

I wouldn't call Adam a Judas for taking a big payday - but his kickoffs haven't been quite as long, which may be why BB doesn't want to pay him extra, knowing that he may need to bring in someone to kick off just like the Colts did with Vanderjerk.

That's another roster position and another salary that could be spent elsewhere.

Maybe he's bitter for a reason. You don't even know the story and yet you can't wait to turn on a player. That's a perfect stereotype of a Boston fan. Just a bunch of whiney babies who cry when something doesn't go there way instead of just saying, "Thanks for all the huge kicks Adam. Take care." You did the same thing with Clemens and now if he returns you'll drool all over yourselves welcoming him back.

FSUPatsFan said:
Yeah, and giving up millions of dollars in local endorsements and a possible future broadcasting career. Actually, I don't think Johnny could ever be a future broadcaster with the way he stutters.
in which cityteam can a kicker have adv endorsement deals except here ? does he realize that ?

patriotsrule said:
You did the same thing with Clemens and now if he returns you'll drool all over yourselves welcoming him back.
Who? :confused:

Edit: Duh. Nevermind, gotcha now. That other sport you boston people seem to pay attention to. ;)

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Who? :confused:

Edit: Duh. Nevermind, gotcha now. That other sport you boston people seem to pay attention to. ;)
Us...not a BIG Sox fan sorry...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back