PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam V Predictions Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWickedPissah

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With all the bashing of Adam post departure and statemets like "Well, we all knew he was going", lets look at the record. It's quite different.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=192

The majority of posters here predicted that Adam would stay. I knew he was gone when I listened to the post game radio show where Gino congratulated Adam on breaking his record and not once in 20+ minutes did Adam even hint at an interest at remaining a Patriot.

Only 5 clear thinking posters predicted that all 3, Adam, Givens (an easy one) AND Willie would depart. Congrats to...Beavis, BelichickFan, minxi501, PatsSteve1, SaCaCh for the trifecta! Me, I let my emotions guide my Willie vote. Need to Belichick up the next time.

Since only 35 of the 2,600+ total (750+ active) board members voted in the poll your results might be more indicative of the vast majority thinking these poll posts are either a silly waste of time and space, or a harmless diversion, as opposed to a referendum on clear thinking. ;)

So are you planning an awards ceremony or is this it? :rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
Since only 35 of the 2,600+ total (750+ active) board members voted in the poll your results might be more indicative of the vast majority thinking these poll posts are either a silly waste of time and space, or a harmless diversion, as opposed to a referendum on clear thinking. ;)

So are you planning an awards ceremony or is this it? :rolleyes:

Hey, I can't help it if posters choose not to 'show some sack' and go on the record with their opinions. Gotta luv the back tracking revisionism though.

PatsWickedPissah said:
Only 5 clear thinking posters predicted that all 3, Adam, Givens (an easy one) AND Willie would depart. Me, I let my emotions guide my Willie vote. Need to Belichick up the next time.
I am not sure it has to do with clear thinking or being non emotional..one would need to know the reasons why they thought that. One might have just said very emotionally that they all were going for the money..they might be right..but clear thinking?? Possible..but not a gurantee.

PatsWickedPissah said:
With all the bashing of Adam post departure and statemets like "Well, we all knew he was going", lets look at the record. It's quite different.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=192

The majority of posters here predicted that Adam would stay. I knew he was gone when I listened to the post game radio show where Gino congratulated Adam on breaking his record and not once in 20+ minutes did Adam even hint at an interest at remaining a Patriot.

Only 5 clear thinking posters predicted that all 3, Adam, Givens (an easy one) AND Willie would depart. Congrats to...Beavis, BelichickFan, minxi501, PatsSteve1, SaCaCh for the trifecta! Me, I let my emotions guide my Willie vote. Need to Belichick up the next time.
I can't for the life of me understand why this matters to you. :rolleyes:

I thought we'd definitely keep Vinatieri, possibly keep McGinest and probably lose Givens (though not to the Titans).

The problem was we all thought that AV wanted to stay, but clearly he didn't. The McGinest situation makes sense, he wanted a nice severance package and that would be a waste of $$$ in NE. Givens was the least likely to take a hometown discount after only 4 years with the team, and as it turns out, has dreams of being a #1 receiver (or being paid like one).

I don't recall too many people saying they "knew" he would be gone. I think everybody has been saying they are pissed he left and saying dont let the door hit you in the arse. I for one am pissed because he signed with the Colts. Any other team would have been fine with me but the whiny piss-ant Colts.

For the 10th time...

Adam who???? If we put the ball in the end zone 4 times a game we are home free.:singing: :singing:

PatsWickedPissah said:

'Fess up. You broke into my account and changed my answers, didn't you? :D I have to admit that I was surprised that Adam went. I thought that Willie might stay on the grounds that he would be asking too much for other teams and would end up accepting the Pats' offer. I also have to admit that I thought Sey would eventually go, that Dillon would be a bust, that Bledsoe would stay and that I would never see a Pats Superbowl win in my lifetime. Folks, if it's football and I bet, bet against me!

Willie55 said:
I don't recall too many people saying they "knew" he would be gone. I think everybody has been saying they are pissed he left and saying dont let the door hit you in the arse. I for one am pissed because he signed with the Colts. Any other team would have been fine with me but the whiny piss-ant Colts.

Most posters here did NOT say they 'knew' he'd be gone. MOST felt he'd stay. There were numerous threads pissing and moaning about Adam's situation with the vast majority of posters feeling he'd stay. Now that he's gone, as the few folks who looked clearly at his pre-departure behaviour correctly surmised, his former cadre now want him hung in Effigy, which is a small town in western MA.

I stand by my analysis, Adam was out for the bucks and wanted out of NE for reasons I'm not privvy to. It was probably a wise longevity career decision to sign with a dome team.

May he shank his kicks in perpetuity,

Ah, good to see I said "Gone" as I thought.

PatsWickedPissah said:
May he shank his kicks in Indy, too!

Regards,
Chris

PatsWickedPissah said:
He can shank them in Indy...not in perpetuity..isn't that in the NFC??

Hey, I was right!

Don't look at my other answers, though...

Johnny Mac said:
Hey, I was right!

Don't look at my other answers, though...

None of us are omniscient. Except for the 5 who were 3 for 3! :)

Willie55 said:
I didn'tknowhewas going.l I had hoped that he would stay. But it isn't a major deal that he didn't stay. I also hoped Rod Coleman would stay, but I'm pleased with the way GIvens performed.

AV left, he didn't give the chance thePats to match, so screw him.

Yes, AV apologists, I know he didn't have to give the Pats a chance to match. BUt to me that shows that he didn't want to be here, so screw him, I don'twant him here.

Give WMG and DG cheers when they get to Foxboro. Boo AV. Unless he missed a FG. Then give him a Standing O.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes