Welcome to PatsFans.com

Adam V Predictions Revisited

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsWickedPissah, Apr 13, 2006.

1. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,043 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

With all the bashing of Adam post departure and statemets like "Well, we all knew he was going", lets look at the record. It's quite different.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=192

The majority of posters here predicted that Adam would stay. I knew he was gone when I listened to the post game radio show where Gino congratulated Adam on breaking his record and not once in 20+ minutes did Adam even hint at an interest at remaining a Patriot.

Only 5 clear thinking posters predicted that all 3, Adam, Givens (an easy one) AND Willie would depart. Congrats to...Beavis, BelichickFan, minxi501, PatsSteve1, SaCaCh for the trifecta! Me, I let my emotions guide my Willie vote. Need to Belichick up the next time.

2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Since only 35 of the 2,600+ total (750+ active) board members voted in the poll your results might be more indicative of the vast majority thinking these poll posts are either a silly waste of time and space, or a harmless diversion, as opposed to a referendum on clear thinking. ;)

So are you planning an awards ceremony or is this it? :rolleyes:

3. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,043 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Hey, I can't help it if posters choose not to 'show some sack' and go on the record with their opinions. Gotta luv the back tracking revisionism though.

4. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I am not sure it has to do with clear thinking or being non emotional..one would need to know the reasons why they thought that. One might have just said very emotionally that they all were going for the money..they might be right..but clear thinking?? Possible..but not a gurantee.

5. PromisedLand

PromisedLand Virtual Internet Person

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I can't for the life of me understand why this matters to you. :rolleyes:

6. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I thought we'd definitely keep Vinatieri, possibly keep McGinest and probably lose Givens (though not to the Titans).

The problem was we all thought that AV wanted to stay, but clearly he didn't. The McGinest situation makes sense, he wanted a nice severance package and that would be a waste of $$$ in NE. Givens was the least likely to take a hometown discount after only 4 years with the team, and as it turns out, has dreams of being a #1 receiver (or being paid like one).

7. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I don't recall too many people saying they "knew" he would be gone. I think everybody has been saying they are pissed he left and saying dont let the door hit you in the arse. I for one am pissed because he signed with the Colts. Any other team would have been fine with me but the whiny piss-ant Colts.

8. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

For the 10th time...

Adam who???? If we put the ball in the end zone 4 times a game we are home free.:singing: :singing:

9. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

'Fess up. You broke into my account and changed my answers, didn't you? :D I have to admit that I was surprised that Adam went. I thought that Willie might stay on the grounds that he would be asking too much for other teams and would end up accepting the Pats' offer. I also have to admit that I thought Sey would eventually go, that Dillon would be a bust, that Bledsoe would stay and that I would never see a Pats Superbowl win in my lifetime. Folks, if it's football and I bet, bet against me!

10. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,043 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Most posters here did NOT say they 'knew' he'd be gone. MOST felt he'd stay. There were numerous threads pissing and moaning about Adam's situation with the vast majority of posters feeling he'd stay. Now that he's gone, as the few folks who looked clearly at his pre-departure behaviour correctly surmised, his former cadre now want him hung in Effigy, which is a small town in western MA.

I stand by my analysis, Adam was out for the bucks and wanted out of NE for reasons I'm not privvy to. It was probably a wise longevity career decision to sign with a dome team.

May he shank his kicks in perpetuity,

11. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

Ah, good to see I said "Gone" as I thought.

12. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

May he shank his kicks in Indy, too!

Regards,
    Chris

13. Pats726

Pats726 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

He can shank them in Indy...not in perpetuity..isn't that in the NFC??

14. Johnny Mac

Johnny Mac Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey, I was right!

Don't look at my other answers, though...

15. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +3,043 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

None of us are omniscient. Except for the 5 who were 3 for 3! :)

16. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I didn'tknowhewas going.l I had hoped that he would stay. But it isn't a major deal that he didn't stay. I also hoped Rod Coleman would stay, but I'm pleased with the way GIvens performed.

AV left, he didn't give the chance thePats to match, so screw him.

Yes, AV apologists, I know he didn't have to give the Pats a chance to match. BUt to me that shows that he didn't want to be here, so screw him, I don'twant him here.

Give WMG and DG cheers when they get to Foxboro. Boo AV. Unless he missed a FG. Then give him a Standing O.