Welcome to PatsFans.com

Adam Schein on the Patriots

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,051 / 42 / -16

He is the host of the afternoon show on Sirius NFL Radio. He was asked by caller on who improved themselves the most during the offseason. The caller was obviously a Bears fan and expected him to say the Bears because of Jay Cutler and was shocked when he didn't. Schein said the Patriots improved themselves the most by far and that he felt the offseason moves will win the Patriots another Super Bowl this year.

Not huge news or story, but at this time of the year you gotta take what you can get.

2. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

He also says that K.C. could be the sleeper team of the year

I think Cassel did superb as Bradys replacement but I see the going very tough in K.C. for Matt,especially in a whole new environment - Especially tough for Matt if the franchise TE Gonzo is gone as it appears that is inevitable

3. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +913 / 3 / -4

I agree:

Belichick > Haley
    Moss > Bowe
    Welker > Any other receiver on KC at what he does

I think he'll be good, especially since he should keep improving in his second year, but I don't think he puts KC over the top just yet. Wouldn't surprise me to see them go 8-8 though.

4. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,051 / 42 / -16

You never know. If you said this time last year that the Dolphins would win 11 games and win the AFC East, you would have laughed in their face. I was high on the Dolphins and they won 3-4 more games than I thought. Maybe Schein will be right about the Chiefs. They are a young team with some talent.

5. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,930 / 191 / -145

Disable Jersey

8-8 would be amazing, given that team last year and the schedule this year.

6. Sicilian

Sicilian Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +913 / 3 / -4

That's one thing I didn't look at, so you're probably right. If nothing else, Denver and San Diego should be improved this year, assuming Denver can get something decent out of Orton.

7. Box_O_Rocks

Box_O_Rocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Pioli signed Bobby Engram - Haley commented on how he had Engram calling him looking for Cassel's number the same time Cassel was calling to get Engram's number - Haley was very excited to note his new QB reminded him of Warner in terms of his football focus.

Cassel throwing to Engram & Bowe may not be Cassel to Moss & Welker, but you could go a long way to before finding another pair to top them. If Pioli shores up the offensive and defensive lines, LJ returns to top form, and Pioli finds someone to fill the third down clutch role of Kevin Faulk to team with Bowe and Engram - that team will make SD work for the division.

8. AzPatsFan

AzPatsFan Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +445 / 36 / -17

I've never heard Schein but I love his analysis. Theh AFC West is anybodies division. San Deigo should win in a cakewalk but they seem to find a way to mess up. KC has a decent Defensive foundation with Foxworth, Pollard, Johnson and Grady. On Offense they have the LT and a probowle Guard, Bowe, and Gonzalez to go with the running of LJ. With Matt under center don't kid yourself they could easily beat SD out. Denver has fallen back still needs to lay a defensive foundation. Oakland is still floundering.

9. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +80 / 5 / -1

#12 Jersey

I agree the key for KC are the lines. If they improve and KC keeps Cassel in the shotgun, they have a real chance to win 6 plus games next year.

10. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +354 / 21 / -13

I'm amazed that the Pats' maneuverings this offseason have flown so far under most radar screens outside of New England. It's kind of nice not to have every move and every word scrutinized by the mediots though, after the saturation coverage of the last few years.

It's debatable whether the improvement was "the most by far," but given that we're not even close to "done" yet and have a great Draft dancecard, I think that the Pats offseason has been seriously underestimated and that we're going to make a little more noise before it's over.

11. eom

eom In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -2

hah...you're lucky.
    I like him, though -- just a little over the top, let's say........

12. eom

eom In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -2

yeah, I can't believe schein ever played football.

13. Rob0729

Ratings:
    +4,051 / 42 / -16

Yeah, Schein is best taken in small doses. He is definitely over the top where he treats every caller like his long lost cousin he hasn't seen for 10 years can drive you crazy. He is a diehard Jets fan though so giving the Patriots praise doesn't come easy for him.

14. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,549 / 20 / -4

#12 Jersey

Cassel this year > Cassel last year. And if their OL comes together even moderately well, the offense could be decent. Not great or anything, but let's face it: if the Chiefs go 7-9 this year, it'll likely be a job wel done by Cassel (among others).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.