PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are really reaching on this one. I agree that LT's aren't the sure thing that many seem to believe, but we could point out just as many busts in any other position.

Look, we all hate the Jets now. But it's OK to admit that not every single move was a mistake. It really is.

I think there are far more LT busts in the first round than any other position other than maybe QB. In fact, a lot of the great LTs in the league were either drafted a while ago or were not even drafted in the first round. Yes, there are busts at every position, but there are definitely certain positions where it is more likely.

Also, tackles tend to get overrated in the draft to begin with since finding a good LT is one of the hardest things to find in the NFL. Just ask the Dolphins and Bills who both go through a yearly carosel of new LTs. Although, the Bills seem to have found one after about five or six years of looking.

The problem now for the Pats is that they're seemingly required to prove a negative which is impossible. I'm sure no one with axes to grind blew any of the smoke...:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down