PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

true_patriot

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
D&C just interviewd Adam on WEEI:

When asked if the penalty and investigations agaist Pats are final: Adam said lots of team looking into lots of things against Pats, lots of smoke, some of the things being said are very ludicrous, don't know if all them are true, but there is lots of smoke. Also said, some of it may be jealousy, and some of it may be just taking shots at Pats.

Did anybody hear it?
I wake up everyday hoping there would no more allegations against Pats!
Anybody else feel this way!

Last edited:
Yup,I heard it and almost drove off the road,lol..In one breath he's saying the Pats could go 16-0,and in the next he's saying there's "still a lot of smoke there"..Notice how he said that all the "smoke" (allegations,theories etc) are mainly driven by jealousy from other teams and GM's??

Yup,I heard it and almost drove off the road,lol..In one breath he's saying the Pats could go 16-0,and in the next he's saying there's "still a lot of smoke there"..Notice how he said that all the "smoke" (allegations,theories etc) are mainly driven by jealousy from other teams and GM's??

if he's saying that, then maybe this is the beginning of the end.

I wish he had said that loufer adn a lot earlier...jealousy!!!

At some point,there has to be closure on this from the commisioner's office. I'm sure Gooddell is probably saying to himself "I better be careful how deep I dig on this one"..For the rest of the league ;)

Last edited:

the beginning of the end of what the Pats or the videogate talk?

there is no way anything else is gonna go against the Pats for 2 simple reasons 1) they have already been punished for something they admittenly have done everyday for the last 6 years which means Goodell woud look like an ***clown if he repunished him. 2) If they didn't have the proof then they don't have the proof now its been at least a year in most cases and there is nothing they could dig up that would levy any punishment.

allegations are cheap, there is piling on , there has to be proof, i predict this is over, goodell does not want to blow this up it would ruin the season for the league,and be a pr nightmare, hes not stupid, this all goes away

I think that after the NFL reviews all the materials sent by BB, and finds nothing that BB hasn't already admitted to, Goodell will issue a statement saying the investigation is closed.

what goodell shoul of done is to hold out on the punishment if it wasnt going to be final, instead he rushes with the peanalty before all the facts are in and evidence looked at, it would make him and the league look stupid to hand more punishment down, it would be like a judge sentencing someone but saying ill setence you worse if i find more evidence against you it doesnt happen in the judicial system that way and it wont happen here

what pisses me of with all of this is the constant grandstanding by RG.
He keeps acting like he is GW on 9/12. This is ridiculous with all that has been said youd think this was international espinoage. Has he made one statement about the Bills TE Kevin Everret? No, this is absolute grandstanding at its worst. he needs to close this investigation and move on the press is already starting to turn on him.

Last edited:
allegations are cheap, there is piling on , there has to be proof, i predict this is over, goodell does not want to blow this up it would ruin the season for the league,and be a pr nightmare, hes not stupid, this all goes away

Absolutely piling on..In the highest degree! The media took off and ran with this one.Both local and national media that is. Gooddell and the NFL are very image conscious. Hope he puts it to bed soon.Especially when the Pats keep on winning...

At least he admits some of this stuff is "ludicrous" and driven by jealousy.

You don't think other teams want the Pats further penalized after what they saw on Sunday night?

Honestly, this whole thing is such a joke. I can't believe other teams' obvious motivation isn't questioned more. I really can't see Kraft staying humbled and accepting of the situation if they are punished again after already being very harshly punished once.

The league looks ridiculous by handing out a punishment and then sitting back and letting everyone run with the "it's not over..." bullsh*t.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned his tone. When he was talking to them, it seemed as if he was incredulous at some of the things that he had heard.

When Dennis asked him if he had heard about he had heard about the DL being mic-ed or the Patriots jamming signals, he said that he had heard those, but his tone suggested that those were amongst the tamer things that NE had done. He refused to even say what the other accusations were because some of them are so outlandish that he didn't even want to get them out in the open.

When Adam Schefter doesn't want to leak information because he has a hard time believing it, you know things are getting out of control.

There has only been one constant amongst all the people who have commented on this whole episode - the idea that all coaches are looking to get an edge.

well, this is the opportunity for a lot of coaches to get an edge. They all know this Patriots team is built to compete over the long haul and if they can kick New England while it is down, their road gets a little easier.

Doesn't surprise me in the least that every one of the other 31 teams would pile on with this allegation or that allegation. Some may be true, some may be half-true, and some are probably completely bogus. But if all pooled together it continues to keep the pats organization on watch and even result in further penalization for New England then they have all the motivation in the world to not let this thing just go away.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned his tone. When he was talking to them, it seemed as if he was incredulous at some of the things that he had heard.

When Dennis asked him if he had heard about he had heard about the DL being mic-ed or the Patriots jamming signals, he said that he had heard those, but his tone suggested that those were amongst the tamer things that NE had done. He refused to even say what the other accusations were because some of them are so outlandish that he didn't even want to get them out in the open.

When Adam Schefter doesn't want to leak information because he has a hard time believing it, you know things are getting out of control.

Hypnotism? Kidnapping? Is there nothing we won't stoop to?

Still would like to hear from Gooddell how that tape made it onto FOX? Costas should have asked him that Sunday night...If Collinsworth goes on and on again Sunday,I swear I'll go thru the TV and strangle him :bricks:

Last edited:
From BBC.com

San Diego Chargers team representatives have contacted NFL league officials to report what they think might be more rule violations by the New England Patriots. In a letter signed by team Owner Alex Spanos, team President Dean Spanos, team Vice President Micheal Spanos, and General Manager Alex Smith, the Chargers front office outlined what they believed to be an instance of rule violations that might overshadow Video-gate a hundred times.

"We have learned since the game ended last Sunday night that the Patriots team have a method to use the sun as a way of gaining an unfair competitive advantage during football games," said Alex Spanos during an early morning press conference. "We have not determined what that exact method is of yet, which is why we are turning the information we have over to the League Office. Our front office experts seem to think however that that the evidence points to one of two things: The Patriots are using some sort of mechanical device, possibly mirrors or other polished metal objects, to redirect the suns rays at our players eyes. They do this at key times during the game, blinding or confusing our players so that their own players can make plays they otherwise wouldnt. We feel that this is the most likely scenario, although there is a growing faction within our front office science team that believes that a mechanical devise would be too unwieldy, and thus hard to keep hidden, and that the Patriots are using some sort of paranormal method, possibly witchcraft, to bring about the same effect. The bottom line is that at several points during the game last night, the sun got in our team's collective eyes."

It should be noted that the Patriots play in Massachusetts, the home of the now infamous Salem witch trials.

Chargers Head Coach Norv Turner went one step further at the press conference, giving the assembled crowd of reporters a glimpse inside the world of NFL gameplanning. "We had prepared all week to play the game without the sun in our eyes. We cant gameplan for every possible eventuality. If a team is going to take liberties with the sun, then we arent playing on a level playing field. "

When contacted for their reaction, Bill Belichick offered this press release:

"In response to the Chargers accusations that the sun got in their eyes, the Patriot organization would like to point out that last Sunday nights game was, in fact, played at night. For the Chargers to accuse our organization of somehow manipulating the rotation of the Earth in order to magically reflect sunlight into their players eyes is not only ludicrous, it is insulting."

When this small point of contention was presented to the Chargers officials, they were quick to point out that while the sun may not have been out in Foxborough, it was out someplace in the world. "Thats what makes this so insidious."

Patriot team owner Robert Kraft, who is reportedly busy talking to contractors to expand the Lombardi Trophy Case in the Patriots training facility, was unavailable for comment.

Tennessee Titans head coach Jeff Fisher, when asked about this newest round of cheating, and whether use of the sun was widespread in the NFL, commented, " The Sun? Ive never even heard of the sun. What is it?"

Indianapolis Colts General manager Bill Polian concurred. "While i have heard of the sun, i have never once contemplated using it to gain an unfair competitive advantage. Someone who would use something as natural and wholesome as the sun for their own selfish world dominating plans is purely evil. You can believe me when i say that the NFL Competition Committee will be looking into this. I have tried to force the NFL to adopt a Dome-only policy for all of its teams. Perhaps its time for us to revisit that proposal."

Reports have also been trickling in since the Chargers press conference of other teams who are now claiming that the Patriots used not only the Sun, but the weather to affect the outcome of games. Raider and Dolphins representatives are documenting how the Patriots have somehow made it snow just before, or even DURING games. Colt officials are making the claims that the Patriots have repeatedly made rain and unnaturally cold temperatures for their meetings. Even the Rams jumped on the bandwagon, saying the Patriots "somehow caused the air conditioning in the Super Dome to get set on 50 degrees just before the beginning of the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XXXVI"

With scandal after scandal being revealed about this once proud franchise, it can only be a matter of time before NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell levies the ultimate penalty against the Patriots. Goodell has demanded that the Patriots hand over weather reports for the past 8 years to see if there is any pattern of wrongdoing. He has hinted that if a pattern is found, the Patriots could forfeit another First round draft pick, be levied another huge fine, and possibly have weather and the sun suspended for at the very least 8 games this season.

More on this story as it unfolds.

actually, this is a blatant ripoff from southcarolina* of patsfans.com. Sorry, I guess I'm a cheater too.

How is that a contradiction? Usually the expression "in one breath this and in the other breath that" is used to point out a hypocracy or contradiction. I don't see any here.

Well they need to clear the air of suspicion and do it soon. Either move on or do a full body cavity search of every team. It's a drop of water in the ocean to them but my $400 for NFL Season Ticket and Superfan depends on it - the NFL is ruining this season for me with this ridiculous air of suspicion and if they don't end it soon there's lots of other ways for me to spend that $400 - not to mention lots of college and NFL games on for free.

The penalty last week was bad enough - this continued uncertainty is truely sickening.

I loved the quote from Schefter that the Pats truly believe that the Jets spend half their efforts to try to win the Super Bowl and the other half trying to screw with the Patriots.

I think the Jets' obvious obsession with the Patriots is their downfall. They have tried to recreate the magic that the Pats had with trying to make Mangini and Tannebaum into Belichick and Pioli. The problem is that they are shells of the the guys they are trying to immitate. I think Mangini did a good job last year, but his rookie season was way overrated. I think Herm Edwards could have gone 10-6 or 9-7 last year with a healthy Pennington all year. I even saw Mangini make some of the same clock management and two minute drill mistakes that Edwards is famous for.

Also, their personnel decisions have been questionable at best. D'Brickishaw Ferguson is quickly turning into a bust. He might have a chance to turn it around and become an average LT, but that isn't what you are looking for with a top 5 pick. They didn't even try to address their NT problem and are trying to make Robertson a NT eventhough he clearly isn't. They should have tried to unload Vilma because he is clearly not an ILB in the 3-4. Thomas Jones was only good in Chicago because of the Chicago line, he will be more like the Arizona Thomas Jones behind the Jets' line. Not paying Pete Kendall the $1 million that they supposably promised him will be a huge problem all year for the Jets. Trading pretty much all their draft for two players was stupid when they had so many holes on both lines.

The funny thing is that so far this year, they are getting everything they should expected from Mangini on defense. Our defense was never more timid, less opportunistic, and lacked a pass rush more than when Mangini was running it. Is it really surprising to see that the Jets' defense have no sacks or turnovers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes