PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter on D&C: Pats dominance no guarantee of postseason success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Adam Schefter on D&C..... He's Never Impressed I Guess...

I heard Schefter this morning and it sent cold shivers down my back. He's totally correct about this. He was quoting some un-named coach not in the AFC East.

Dominant implies cannot be stopped. The 2007 Pats did the same thing on offense week in, week out without major changes until the NFL stopped it, and it took the NFL 19 games to do so with all previous games available to study. That is a dominant team.

The current version of the Pats plays a different game every week, with multiple contributors and formations. The same two offensive pieces are not carrying the load every week, which means defenses are left with more to anticipate. It is more unpredictable than it is true domination. The execution of this offense is what makes it effective, and has allowed for dominant victories in some games in which defenses have been sent reeling.

Last edited:
Agree wholeheartedly with Shefter. This newfound Patriot dominance is just that, newfound. Love what I see right now but hate all this talk about playoffs and Super Bowls and who can possibly compete with the Patriots etc
It's crazy talk as far as I'm concerned.
Take one game at a time and let the chips fall where they may. I'm disappointed a healthy Aaron Rodgers will not be playing this Sunday. That would have been a terrific test for this defense.

Last edited:
I guess the unnamed head coach and Schefter have discounted the ability to improve as the season progresses.

This team is far ahead of where I thought they would be and they're as dominant as I've seen in a while. Fortunately every team is fallible so it's not a surprising comment to make people believe the Pats are just OK.

Afterall, 3 weeks ago the Jets were Superbowl favorites.

Afterall, 3 weeks ago the Jets were Superbowl favorites.

You just made Shefter's point for him. All this "can anyone stop the Pats" talk is foolishness and your point about the Jets makes that very point.

I just edited the thread title for some clarity, and context of Schefter's comments.

Thank you.

I didn't want anyone to hold the silly notion that this thread had title more misleading than my thread reporting that Brady (Quinn) had been traded for Peyton (Hillis).

You just made Shefter's point for him. All this "can anyone stop the Pats" talk is foolishness and your point about the Jets makes that very point.
Actually it doesn't. The Jets were playing of a lesser quality compared to the Patriots and against inferior opponents yet people still considered them Superbowl favorites.

I really don't mind what considerations are given to the Patriots because of the improvement I have observed this season across all. No team is unbeatable but of the creme de la creme the Patriots appear to be playing the best all rounded football (and have been for some time).

If someone had told me the Patriots would beat the Jets and Bears by a combined 81-10 I would have laughed my tits off at them.

BB would agree with the premise that Dominance NOW has nothing to do with how they will play when the money is on the table in the playoffs.

That said I think the 'experts' are missing the story of a young defense tht has improved immensely since the beginning of the year and which benefits from the extra coaching in the bye weeks (I could the time between the Lions and Jets games as another bye). If we clinch the #1 seed BB will use the time to help the D raise their level again, same with the extra week between the AFCCG and the SB.

This isn't news. The 2007 should be proof enough.

Re: Adam Schefter on D&C..... He's Never Impressed I Guess...

Meh, we were never "dominant" in the years we won it all, according to everyone else. The year everyone agreed we WERE dominant was 2007 and that didn't turn out so well.

The Pats are playing great football.. my gut tells me there gonna win it all but things have to go smoothly.. like no injuries no flue bug spreading around the locker room.. anything can happen ...but a team is going to have to come into gillete stadium and knock us out after we get a bye week. I don't see that happening. Brady is pretty much unstoppable with this offence.

Thank you.

I didn't want anyone to hold the silly notion that this thread had title more misleading than my thread reporting that Brady (Quinn) had been traded for Peyton (Hillis).
That thread was great. Right up there with the Adam Seward thread, and the 'I know what I'm talking about, I'm one of the top ten players worldwide on Madden in the franchise mode' thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back