PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Adalius Thomas will be a Patriot in 24-48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
This would be a major coup... I hope it happens

If this turns out to be true then this is awesome news as Thomas is truly a game changing type stud.

As for the cost ............... provided Thomas' play is comensurate with his salary then what's the problem? Paying top $ to players who perform to that level isn't what gets teams into sal cap h ell. Paying top $ to underachieving players is what kills teams salary cap.

Spend the sal cap $ available but make sure it's spent on player(s) who will perform to that pay scale. One would think that Thomas is one such player.

This is going to be a major addition if true. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

On NFLN Schefter said something to the effect of "The 49'ers need Thomas they have the $$ to sign him etc.. etc.." This could just be a replay reel from 8 hours ago though.

That means there are no great LB prospects who will be available at 24 and 28.

That means there are no great LB prospects who will be available at 24 and 28.

and possibly that any LB propects could be choosen later as is typical BB. Also, that we could be looking CB/S or WR at 24 and 28

On NFLN Schefter said something to the effect of "The 49'ers need Thomas they have the $$ to sign him etc.. etc.." This could just be a replay reel from 8 hours ago though.

Pretty sure thats a replay reel since the chick said that FA starts friday.. lol

POSTED 10:24 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

.... [PFT:]
It could lead to an interesting coast-to-coast tug of war, since the Niners are also expected to make a big push for Thomas.

And the mere fact that a typically slumbering free-agency giant like the Patriots are interested in Thomas could prompt other teams to get interested in him, too.

Stay tuned.

Isn't this a nice time
to be Adalius Thomas?

Isn't this a nice time
to be Adalius Thomas?

Yeah you get to pretend your going to sign with a team with a lot of money going no where to milk the Patriots for as much as you can

our front seven: wilfork, warren, sey, colvin, vrabel, thomas, bruschi... I would hate to want to game plan against that. I hope this comes true.

thomas would be on the outside
even though he can play inside
i feel hes much much better suited outside
we could move vrabs back inside
but honestly we need three solid guys at each spot
so a rotation of adalius, vrabs, and colvin looks pretty good huh?

That's what they had when Willie Mac was here ('04-'05), a rotation of Willie, Vrabel and Colvin.

I'd like to see them bring in two ILBs, too, and be able to keep Vrabs on the outside. Preferably a young one and an older vet.

Last edited:
thomas would be on the outside
even though he can play inside
i feel hes much much better suited outside
we could move vrabs back inside
but honestly we need three solid guys at each spot
so a rotation of adalius, vrabs, and colvin looks pretty good huh?

The best part is we wouldn't need to pigeon-hole any of our linebackers as 'inside' or 'outside'. The Pats could come up with really confusing and exotic packages where the QB has no idea what the linebackers are doing.

The latest (as per PFT) is that the 49ers have reportedly signed Nate Clements.

Details are sketchy at this point, but if that deal is done then thats one less team to worry about.

NM

The best part is we wouldn't need to pigeon-hole any of our linebackers as 'inside' or 'outside'. The Pats could come up with really confusing and exotic packages where the QB has no idea what the linebackers are doing.

I like this idea very much so. We're already known for confusion and Thomas would just add one more element of mystique.

You guys would be great on a farm, counting every egg

You guys would be great on a farm, counting every egg

My vote for the best post of the day so far... what did we do this time of year before the age of speculation and rumor that is driven by the internet?? Waited for the morning paper or listened to talk radio.

The latest (as per PFT) is that the 49ers have reportedly signed Nate Clements.

Details are sketchy at this point, but if that deal is done then thats one less team to worry about.

NM

This would increase our likelihood of signing Thomas, IMO.

I hope the report proves to be true and it just goes to show you can't predict what the Patriots are going to do. But that won't stop me from trying :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back