PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Schefter: Adalius Thomas will be a Patriot in 24-48 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some how I have a feeling that the A. Thomas rumors/possibilities are linked to or contingent upon the CD situation.

I heard the interview as well, they asked him if the Pats are interested in Joey Porter, and he said he doesn't know, he just knows they are making a hard push for Thomas, and then ended the conversation by saying it could happen within the next 24-48 hours.

Banks and shefter have both said it, and the fact that BB had Tohomas stand up and say something to the team at the probowl makes this sound legit. THE AFCCG really got to BB. On Patriots Access he even said to lorenzo Neal "21 points, I'll never let that go"

I watch this network a lot and from what i've seen (i could have missed some things) Adam is usually right.

Even when he said Art Shell was being fired and someone came out and called him an idiot he just said "well we'll see what happens". and he was right.

I hope he's right now.

If he's wrong and was talking out of his arse i'm going to hate him forever and never believe another word out of his midget mouth.
(if we sign him i take that last sentence back)

I watch this network a lot and from what i've seen (i could have missed some things) Adam is usually right.

Even when he said Art Shell was being fired and someone came out and called him an idiot he just said "well we'll see what happens". and he was right.
Shefter is good. Is he always right ? Nope. But I like his info as much as anyone's. You're right, he stood strong in the face of criticism on the Shell thing . . . and look who's coaching the Raiders now.

Oh yes!!!! :rocker: :rocker:

PFT has Thomas visiting with San Fransisco today per Clayton....

"In addition to visits we've already listed below, Clayton says that running back Dominic "Poppie" Rhodes will visit the Giants, receiver Kevin Cutris will visit the Vikings (weather permitting), tight end Visanthe Shiancoe will visit the Vikings, tackle Tony Pathos will visit the Jaguars on Friday, linebacker Adalius Thomas will visit the 49ers, and fullback Justin Griffith will visit the Bucs"

Intriguing rumour, hopefully it is true.. a major upgrade, along with our D front a couple of draft choices and our D is refreshed big time.

PFT has Thomas visiting with San Fransisco today per Clayton....

"In addition to visits we've already listed below, Clayton says that running back Dominic "Poppie" Rhodes will visit the Giants, receiver Kevin Cutris will visit the Vikings (weather permitting), tight end Visanthe Shiancoe will visit the Vikings, tackle Tony Pathos will visit the Jaguars on Friday, linebacker Adalius Thomas will visit the 49ers, and fullback Justin Griffith will visit the Bucs"

He could easily be doing a teleconfrence with each franchise or w/e.

PFT

POSTED 9:51 a.m. EST, March 2, 2007

PATS TARGETING THOMAS?

Several readers tells us that Adam Schefter of NFL Network said earlier this morning on WEEI in Boston that the Pats will make a big push for linebacker Adalius Thomas within the next 24 to 48 hours.

Meanwhile, John Clayton of ESPN.com reports that Thomas will visit the 49ers.

We heard earlier this week that the 49ers were believed to have a deal in principle with Thomas. But the problem with deals struck before the start of free agency is that they're not enforceable, and the player can pull the plug if he so chooses.

I mean even though PFT mentioned the Clayton report, they always make fun of Clayton for being wrong and they themselves haven't endorsed that report yet. If PFT says hes coming here its probably true but well see. Schefter usually is pretty good.

It does say 24-48 hours.

Meaning he could be here tomorrow or Sunday and still sign.

THE AFCCG really got to BB. On Patriots Access he even said to lorenzo Neal "21 points, I'll never let that go"

How about an NFL's all-time best defense next year?

The whole 49ers having a deal before the date thing couldnt have been good for them. It reminds me a lot of LeCharles Bentley striking a deal before free agency with the Eagles and then the Browns caught wind of it and convinced him to sign with them. In the NBA Carlos Boozer did something similar a couple seasons ago.

I mean even though PFT mentioned the Clayton report, they always make fun of Clayton for being wrong and they themselves haven't endorsed that report yet. If PFT says hes coming here its probably true but well see. Schefter usually is pretty good.

Clayton's report was as of 1:30AM as well almost 10 hours ago, so who knows.

Shefter is good. Is he always right ? Nope. But I like his info as much as anyone's. You're right, he stood strong in the face of criticism on the Shell thing . . . and look who's coaching the Raiders now.

You are right, i should not have siad "always" . Actually, very rarely should the word "always" be used on this messageboard:)

but you cannot deny that i was right....about schefter being a midget.

This would be HUGE.

1.)Thomas makes all the players around him better.

2.) He can be used in any number of ways, in any number of positions. BB will have a field day figuring out schemes to drive opposing OC's CRAZY!

Given all the above, while he will command a huge payday, he's worth it. It's like signging multiple players for one salary, and having him on the field is almost literally like having an extra player on the field.

Thomas knows he'll get his money no matter where he signs. It's just a question of whether he wants to play for a winner, coached by a defensive genius who knows how best to use him, or for the 49ers ('nuff said there).

I've been predicting that the Patriots will be agressive in free agency for awhile. This would certainly fit that category.

This would be HUGE.

1.)Thomas makes all the players around him better.

2.) He can be used in any number of ways, in any number of positions. BB will have a field day figuring out schemes to drive opposing OC's CRAZY!

Given all the above, while he will command a huge payday, he's worth it. It's like signging multiple players for one salary, and having him on the field is almost literally like having an extra player on the field.

Thomas knows he'll get his money no matter where he signs. It's just a question of whether he wants to play for a winner, coached by a defensive genius who knows how best to use him, or for the 49ers ('nuff said there).

I've been predicting that the Patriots will be agressive in free agency for awhile. This would certainly fit that category.
i agree. I would also love him here and i feel the same way about him.

I would also like Briggs but those rumors seem a little more ridiculous.

If we can get 1 of the 2 i will be thrilled.

im not going to sport a woody until this becomes official but this would be a huge deal.:eek:

I'll believe it when I see it (but I do have my fingers crossed).

hey buddy,
if this is true (knock on wood)
please God....

we have our next willie mac :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back