PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam is on EEi now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
No thanks to the Pats , or the fans... Says he is going to a " winning organization"... LOL

Good thing he got out of his old loser organization.

Listening to him, it just sounds like he did not want to be a Patriot.... Cant wait to kick Indy's ASS now...

I guess he just left a "LOSING ORGANIZATION". :rolleyes:
Whatever. That guy is dead to me. He never wanted to come back here.
And it really pisses me off to hear how HE ALONE won all those Super Bowls from some people.

Bruschi, Brady, Harrison, Seymour, Vrabel, Branch (need I go on?)...what were they doing the whole game? I guess they were scratching their arses while Adam did all the work.

Last edited:
He just thanked the fans and the organization.

I can't believe this...

'The decision to go to Indy was easy'??!? I thought he wanted to stay in the 'worst way'?

Adam

I hope the door hits him on the way out. :rocker:

Dale and Holley are nailing him now.

I'd pay extra to see us block one of his kicks ... or maybe put him on his butt during a kickoff return.

Wow. I was really hoping he would come out with something classy that would make me not want to punch him in the face. I'm glad the decision was easy, you ungrateful bastard. Because it was heart-wrenching for us.

Patjew said:
Dale and Holley are nailing him now.

Some more details for us down south please!

I didn't catch much of it, I only heard a little of Adam. I'm sure they'll have it on their archives on the web site soon. I caught them talking about Adam's comments about it being an easy decision, and I guess alluding to 'it not being about the money'... but I didn't hear those comments from him myself, just D&H talking about it.

Screw that midget. Talk about a kicker not knowing his place. If it wasn't for Tom frickin' Brady none of those kicks would have ever happened as any other QB would never have gotten Adam into position to boot them. Frickin' egomaniac.

EDIT: I know I'm projection the Media's words on to Adam himself, but hey he's a Colt now, I'm allowed in my book.

;)

Last edited:
I watched it all on NFL Network. I'm not sure what some people wanted to hear him say...

He was class all the way. Basically refused to answer any contract related questions. Said he has no ill will for this organization - a classy place. Heaped praise on his teamates, ownership, Belichich and his coaching staff and the wonderful fans who were so supportive of not just him but the team. Said the team will be fine. Said he has traded a couple of voicemails with Tom but they haven't connected yet, and talked to several of the players including Miller. It's hard to leave because of the friendships but this is the NFL in the 2000nds. Asked why players seem to be leaving here and he said players go for their own reasons, he still believes this organization will continue to be successful because of the players here and the coaching.

There was not so much as a hint of a dig or displeasure. He simply wanted the security of a long term deal because continuity is important to him. Peyton called him as soon as the news broke. Looking forward to building relationships and winning with these guys. He will always have a soft spot in his heart for this team, wonderful memories but those are in the rear view mirror now and he's looking through the windshield at the future. Praised the Colts organization....I won't go into detail because that part would probably send most of you over the edge. :rolleyes:

I really don't know what some of you expect. We lost a class guy and a wonderful player who was a good soldier for 10 seasons in which we won 3 superbowls we might never have sniffed without a clutch kick in a snowstorm. Now the Colts have a classy and clutch, as well as accurate kicker, which is something they certainly lacked.

I think he simply wanted to kick in a dome to prolong his career. He's been saying it for years that he'd love to be inside. He got the extra cash and can cement his HOF legacy by having a long, accurate carrer inside. Not every situation has to have blamed assigned to it for one party or another. He's gone and lets move on.

Last edited:
PatsRI said:
I think he simply wanted to kick in a dome to prolong his career. He's been saying it for years that he'd love to be inside. He got the extra cash and can cement his HOF legacy by having a long, accurate carrer inside. Not every situation has to have blamed assigned to it for one party or another. He's gone and lets move on.

RI, you hit the nail on the head.

I wish all these folks would quit trying to slam AV or BB or Kraft, etc.

The whole shebang comes down to the guy felt he could elongate his career and improve his numbers by kicking in a dome.

All the rest is just meaningless fluff. The dollars weren't all that different.

shmessy said:
All the rest is just meaningless fluff. The dollars weren't all that different.
Actually they WERE QUITE different. On EEI a few minutes ago, they explained how the deal will potentially be at least about 11 million guaranteed for him. The Patriots with a smaller bonus and such would be in a position to cut him if his back got worse. Yes, he could have earned CLOSE to it..but not the same. Because of the SB and the way the Colts are so close to the cap, the Colts effectively have made him uncuttable..or the SB money will kick in hard. SO that basically, he'll be there 3 years and maybe a 4th...with even more money. I think it's all about the green...and you know what..can you blame him??

Last edited:
I know Tune will kill me for this, but he really reminded me of Damon leaving and saying how much the team was changing - for the worst in his mind. I read between the lines in Willie's press conference and got the same type of feeling. It's quite possible they feel this team is disbanding and was disrespected by not contacting him. Adam seemed to feel left out with the 1996 squad almost gone. EEI had it right today: Kraft obviously wanted Adam back but Belichick has his roots set so deep in the organization that he convinced overpaying would be a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back