• Yes

Votes: 44 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst case scenario for Pats fans:

The Jets land Thomas and trade up for Carriker.

because we know that the Pats want Carriker? and lots of worse things could happen to Pats fans like Tom Brady could get someone pregnant:rofl: but seriously i dont think they are going to be too worried about who the jets get they need db help probably more than lb help

You are giving yourself way too much credit if you think the Pats are concerned about what the Jets do. The 'worst case scenarios' for the Patriots involve their own roster, not looking over their shoulder at the Jets.

How about you come close to challenging for the division within a 4 year span before you assume the Patriots are bunkered up fearing who the Jets might sign.

======================================

Of course the Pats are concerned what the Jets do, were friggin division rivals, I am not saying the Jets are going to the SB, but sheesh

Jets FAs= Anthony Clement and BJ Askew, and cap somewhere between 24 and 28 million dollars

seeing as how free agency hasn't started yet I think your report about him meeting with other teams is probably false

seeing as how free agency hasn't started yet I think your report about him meeting with other teams is probably false

--------------------------------------------------------
You are probably correct, it was reported by some talking head on NFL Network who needs to fill airtime, but the rumor makes sense that the Jets would pursue Thomas.

You're the second person to say this. Tampering is defacto reality in the NFL today. If you are obvious about it, you can get in trouble. But its hard to be busted for tampering with a player when his agent (who represents 10 other players) has dinner with your positional coach at the combine. Especially since they almost certainly are talking generalities.

====================================

So you think the Pats are set at OLB?

Thomas can play anywhere in the front 7, very versatile and fast.

I hope BB feels the same way as you.

As a Jet fan, seems to me that the Pats LB corp is getting a little long in the tooth, and is lacking in depth. JMHO.

Is there something wrong with Mike Vrabel and Rosevelt Colvin?

Why wouldnt they? not only is he an OLB he can play DE and ILB, Do you remember Willie Mcginest? and all the looks they used with him? Thomas is just as good at pass rushing and even better in coverage because of his great speed. Im not saying he would but he has lined up at cb and safety so the coverage speed is there:eek:

For the money Thomas will garner, he's not going to be a part-time player like McGinest was.

For the money Thomas will garner, he's not going to be a part-time player like McGinest was.

The last year McGinest was here he played quite a few snaps because Vrabel had to move inside.

What would be really intriguing is that Vrabel and Thomas could lineup anywhere and flip flop inside and out confusing the defense.

You are giving yourself way too much credit if you think the Pats are concerned about what the Jets do. The 'worst case scenarios' for the Patriots involve their own roster, not looking over their shoulder at the Jets.

How about you come close to challenging for the division within a 4 year span before you assume the Patriots are bunkered up fearing who the Jets might sign.

If this were a rap battle, you just sonned him.

The poll should be, what's the max per year the Pats should pay Thomas:

6M/year
7M/year
8M/year
9M/year
unlimited just get him

Because obviously we would all want him.

The last year McGinest was here he played quite a few snaps because Vrabel had to move inside.

What would be really intriguing is that Vrabel and Thomas could lineup anywhere and flip flop inside and out confusing the defense.

He'd add versatility,something we haven't really been able to completely and consistently pull off due to injuries. And wasn't Vrabel playing with back problems last season? I seem to recall reading that soon after the Colts game.
They've finally got the cap space to be able to do something in FA. They have to give it a shot. He's a player for the Now.

Last edited:
By all accounts the 9ers are going really hard for him...He played for Nolan,But you never know....Ofcourse anybody with heatbeat would want A. Thomas on your teams(pats):D

Is there something wrong with Mike Vrabel and Rosevelt Colvin?
I think Adalius Thomas would be valuable enough to this defense that it would be worth having to move Vrabel inside again next year.

$7-8 million. I'd pay him a little more than I'd be willing to pay Asante. Asante is worth $6-7 million, Ty Warren is next at that same pay rate of $6-7 million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back