PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas vs the Redskins

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebman2112

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Some fans & sports writers have said AD hasn't made any plays since the ankle injury, but when I rewatched the Redskins game I made a point to watch where AD lined up pre snap, where he moved to post snap, and finally where he was in relation to the plays outcome. I came to a simple realization....the Redskins were staying away from him.

Washington used hardly any underneath passing infront of AD. When he dropped into coverage it caused Campbell to look off AD's assignment, and his drops were very nice (when the camera captured them).

Now, I also noticed the Redskins O-line give AD a hard time when he tried to blitz up the gut, but he was rarely up on the line during that game.

So, while he wasn't a key factor where stats are concerned, he was a factor in coverage, as the Redskins rarely went his direction, and NE basically used him as a coverage backer for most of that game.

Did anyone else pay attention to AD vs the Redskins? If so did you notice some of the same things?

thanks for the info. seems logical. same as great corners...you never hear their name all game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down