PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas prison break

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayClay

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
That's what it looked out there Sunday. What a waste it is sticking that talent inside when he could be a disruptive force.

Trouble is, we need him or Vrable in there, even though Vrable's been great at OLB too. Tedy and Seau are platoons at one spot, as far as I'm concerned.

For this year, I think we need to put Vrable and Thomas alternating between inside and outside or we're just going to lose a disruptive force. Either one full time inside is a waste, because they're just going to fall asleep.

We need a Roman Phifer replacement, but we ain't finding one this season.

If we platoon everyone but Colvin we can keep fresh engaged players, hopefully.

The defense is just getting tuned up. If they stay healthy into the playoffs, watch out boy. Does anybody seriously think a team will be able to put up the points necessary to beat the Patriots?

I think that the "D" is going back to some ole school exotic stuff.. ala 03 and 04.. :rocker:

one would think that a diehard fan could spell Mike Vrabel's name without benefit of a reference website.

</snotty>

Thomas needs to stay on the outside. He played his best game since the Chargers in Week 2. I think New England has figured it out now, your wasting his ability limiting him to the inside position.

Thomas needs to stay on the outside. He played his best game since the Chargers in Week 2. I think New England has figured it out now, your wasting his ability limiting him to the inside position.
I hope so, because hes a beast on the outside. I don't care what Vrable wants,I think Thomas is more disruptive and should stay an OLB.

I think AD ankle was pretty F'd up.I think as he gets healthy they will install more defense.Last nite they ran a 4-3 and a 3-4.As past history the further into the season the better the D will get.
The D has a chance to be as good as the O.We might just start to see what will become of this team barring injury.

I like how they are mixing things up switching back and forth between 3-4 and 4-3. I think BB is fine tuning the D for the stretch drive, trying out some different looks.

They have the versatility to do what they want with the experience they have on D.
I really think AD was more hurt than realised.He was hardly used against the Blue Toilet Seats (Colts). Than had 2 weeks off and was all over the field last nite.The D will improve always has late in the year under BB.

When NE signed AD I was on record saying he could play ILB, but he's a better OLB, and I've stuck by this opinion, even while the coaches have played him at ILB for the most part. I really think they are just playing him inside out of need though, and they'd play him at OLB, if he wasn't also their best option at ILB right now. If NE could somehow sign karlos Dansby they'd have the most amazing group of LB's the NFL has seen for a long time. I also like it when they mix in some 4-3, because I think AD, Vrabel, and Colvin can be very successful out of this base.

They have the versatility to do what they want with the experience they have on D.
I really think AD was more hurt than realised.He was hardly used against the Blue Toilet Seats (Colts). Than had 2 weeks off and was all over the field last nite.The D will improve always has late in the year under BB.

Yea, he was still somewhat injured even during that Colts game. He seems like one of those guys who's tough enough to play through injuries, but like most players, the injuries take something away from his effectiveness.

I think Vrabel has a bum shoulder too and he won't play as much if they don't need him.Pretty good option to have AD move around regardlless of injury.
Just something else offenses have to prepare for.

Remember, AD has only been in the Pats offense for 10 games. Now is about when you would expect him to really start catching on to the schemes.

Remember, AD has only been in the Pats offense for 10 games. Now is about when you would expect him to really start catching on to the schemes.

NO way, how many TD's he get any? he should have at least 5, playing in the best offense ever witnessed in the NFL if u know wut i mean :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes