PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas not seeing any takers in free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's done because he quit.

Have you never spent a while totally mailing it in at a job you'd become disenchanted with, then started a new job and kicked it back into high gear? Unquitting happens all the time.

Of course, if you take it too far and get ignominiously fired from the first job, you might not get a chance to prove yourself at the second....

Last edited:
Have you never spent a while totally mailing it in at a job you'd become disenchanted with, then started a new job and kicked it back into high gear? Unquitting happens all the time.

Of course, if you take it too far and get ignominiously fired from the first job, you might not get a chance to prove yourself at the second....

No, I honestly haven't. I understand "burn-out" and I consider myself fortunate not to have been afflicted with it (I've seen others who have been). But, I'm sorry, I have a whole lot of trouble sympathizing with someone who quit a job, admittedly highly difficult and challenging, which paid him literally millions of dollars without actually quitting the job. Namely, he cashed the checks but checked out long before he stopped cashing them.

I'm sorry, I have a whole lot of trouble sympathizing with someone who quit a job, admittedly highly difficult and challenging, which paid him literally millions of dollars without actually quitting the job. Namely, he cashed the checks but checked out long before he stopped cashing them.

Heaven knows, nobody's sympathizing! The question was just whether the way his last season with the Patriots went means that he's "done," i.e. can't be effective on the field any longer. Personally, I suspect not.

I would have no way of knowing, but I'd bet it's just a money thing with the jets.
he probably wants something like he got from the pats, but if he were to take some $1m deal for a year I'm sure the jets would take him.

I'm sure he'll eventually take some offer for way less than he's asking.
It has nothing to do with money. He is in no position to get anything more than the minimum and no one is offering even that. He is done. He cant play any more.

I still think he has the potential to be a good player with the Jets or Ravens. With all the depth Baltimore has at OLB they're unlikely to want him, so his only chance is the Jets. If they use him in blitzes instead of drop him into coverage on every play, he'll be productive on that team.
Then why wasnt he productive on this team?
You do understand that pass rushing WAS his job, and BB took it away because he sucked out loud at it right?

I still think he has the potential to be a good player with the Jets or Ravens. With all the depth Baltimore has at OLB they're unlikely to want him, so his only chance is the Jets. If they use him in blitzes instead of drop him into coverage on every play, he'll be productive on that team.

Amazing that not one single NFL team has agreed with you.

Last edited:
Why are we still talking about this guy. Even the Jets don't want him. He may hook up with another team or his career is over. Obviously, there isn't a team desperate enough to sign him even with about two weeks until the season starts.

Why are we still talking about this guy. Even the Jets don't want him. He may hook up with another team or his career is over. Obviously, there isn't a team desperate enough to sign him even with about two weeks until the season starts.

He will be signed once a team takes an injury or two, but I don't know who. If the Jest wanted him; they would have him by now.

He will be signed once a team takes an injury or two, but I don't know who. If the Jest wanted him; they would have him by now.

IF so, it's likely it will occur after game one. That way the team taking a flier on a guy who likely can't play won't be obligated for his entire year's salary.

Then why wasnt he productive on this team?
You do understand that pass rushing WAS his job, and BB took it away because he sucked out loud at it right?

Sometimes a guy just doesn't fit or settle in, we don't know but maybe he just didn't get on with Belichick from day 1. If there are problems behind the scenes it affects players differently, some take it out on the field others lose their hunger. Maybe a different coach will get it out of him, he certainly had it before he came to New England.

It wouldn't be the first time nor the last time that a Patriot didn't show his best here but moved on and did well even though its more likely that when a player gets cut by BB he is done.

Last edited:
Maybe Ray Lewis was right and the Baltimore D made him look better than he was and now hes deteriorated little more. Still I think someone would want him for the right price.

Sometimes a guy just doesn't fit or settle in, we don't know but maybe he just didn't get on with Belichick from day 1. If there are problems behind the scenes it affects players differently, some take it out on the field others lose their hunger. Maybe a different coach will get it out of him, he certainly had it before he came to New England.

It wouldn't be the first time nor the last time that a Patriot didn't show his best here but moved on and did well even though its more likely that when a player gets cut by BB he is done.
He was here a few years and didnt suck until last year.
Its ridiculous to say that after 3 years he decided he didnt like the coach so stopped trying.
Lost in all the Jr Detective work around here is the fact that by Thomas' own words, the sequence of events was that he became upset AFTER he had pass rushing duties taken away because he was doing a terrible job.
I have never understood how people blame bad play on the attitude that resulted FROM the consequences of the bad play.
What is your theory for why no team thinking he is even worthy of a tryout in camp?

Maybe Ray Lewis was right and the Baltimore D made him look better than he was and now hes deteriorated little more. Still I think someone would want him for the right price.
It isnt price. He is not good enough.

All this means is the teams that made low offers (or I should say offers he thought were low) will wait for him to realize his worth, and then try to sign him to a 1 year incentive based deal.
When?????? All that happens long before the start of the season. It isnt that the offers are low, its that they do not exist. No one wants him. He is through.

What is your theory for why no team thinking he is even worthy of a tryout in camp?

I have no idea. It could well be his attitude when here that is the reason teams are giving him a wide berth. I did say its more likely that he is done after being cut by BB. I didn't say that it was certainly a case of him not getting on with BB but BB did spend a lot more time with the D last season.

Is he fit, could he be injured?

I have no idea. It could well be his attitude when here that is the reason teams are giving him a wide berth. I did say its more likely that he is done after being cut by BB. I didn't say that it was certainly a case of him not getting on with BB but BB did spend a lot more time with the D last season.

Is he fit, could he be injured?
Why the need to speculate?
Turn on the film.
Thomas was taken out of the pass rushing role because he was awful at it.
What role does that leave for him?
He lost his skill, everything that followed is effect not cause.

Why the need to speculate?
Turn on the film.
Thomas was taken out of the pass rushing role because he was awful at it.
What role does that leave for him?
He lost his skill, everything that followed is effect not cause.

But this can happen for any number of reasons. He may have some type of learning dyslexia for instance, its really hard to spot. Maybe he is not the smartest guy and just isn't up to understanding the more complex stuff that BB expects everybody to get.

You don't just lose skill, if you have it in you its there until you get old, slow down or whatever. You can lose your hunger and your are done or have an attitude problem or simply be lazy. A change of scenery can give you back that element that you were missing.

Look at Mike Williams in Seattle at the minute, former first round pick who never did anything since he came out of college. He didn't even try out for a team last year and he is looking like a starter for the Seahawks this season. Everybody thought Moss was done when he came here, Corey Dillon too.

Gotta luv the creativity of the apologists

stick a fork in AD

BB did

Oakland please please Oakland...let's all pray for Oakland to pick him up.

The Patriots should pay him to play for Oakland

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back