PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas not seeing any takers in free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre never should have been put in that position. You can do what pretty much every single Vikings fan has done, which is blame Adrian Peterson and everyone else on that team who coughed up the football. Fumbles cost them that game long before Favre made that throw.
Can you see TFB tryin to force that throw in that situation?

Me Neither.

Two Words: Gun Slinger.

Last edited:
AD is finished. Has been for the past two seasons.

Before he broke his arm in 2008 AD was one of the more dominant LBs in the league.

Last year he simply mailed it in--that is a fact. I don't understand why people say that he no longer has value, simply by re-watching 2009 games where he played like crap. It is more likely that the main reason he played so poorly was due to complete lack of motivation/desire as opposed to diminished physical skills.

Before he broke his arm in 2008 AD was one of the more dominant LBs in the league.

Last year he simply mailed it in--that is a fact. I don't understand why people say that he no longer has value, simply by re-watching 2009 games where he played like crap. It is more likely that the main reason he played so poorly was due to complete lack of motivation/desire as opposed to diminished physical skills.

Well, he will be 33 when the season starts. Most NFL OLBs have diminished physical skills at 33 due to the nature of the game. Few teams want a player with a complete lack of motivation/desire, particularly one at that level of compensation.

How do you know it is because of lack of motivation? Just because he wasn't happy here doesn't mean he mailed it in on gameday. He is at the age where a lot of players just lose a step.

I also disagree that he was one of the more dominant LBs in the league before he broke his arm. He had his moments like in week two of 2008 where he manhandled Brett Favre, but he was not the peak of consistency. He had 5 sacks and they were against Favre, Damon Huard/Brody Croyle, J.T. O'Sullivan, and Marc Bulger. Not exactly the cream of the NFL QB crop and many of them had horrible o-lines to boot. The Patriots' pass rush even before he went down in 2008 was uneven at best and he played a role in that problem.

The game tape doesn't lie. There is always at least one sucker out there though. Just wait.

He still may end up with the Jets. My reasoning? He was our head case last year. This offseason, and part of last season the Jets seem to be stock piling other team head cases. Just think of a powerful team of: Braylon "The Stone Hands are Not My Fault" Edwards, LaCrymian Tomlinson, Bart "The Mouth" Scott, SanTokio Holmes, Antonio "I'd Rather Impregnate Than Practice" Chromartie, Calvin "I Eat PEDs Like Candy" Pace, and then add Adalius "I Suck, but It's Everybody Else's Fault" Thomas.

They are building a team of leaders under Rex "I Have A Bigger Mouth Than Bart Scott" Ryan. I still think they want another of that type of player. Can you say IMPLODE?

He should go out and get a couple of DUIs so the Bengals will pick him up.

BWAAAHHH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I spit out my water on that one.

All this means is the teams that made low offers (or I should say offers he thought were low) will wait for him to realize his worth, and then try to sign him to a 1 year incentive based deal.

I don't think that Adalius necessarily 'dogged it' last year.

I just think he had little impact and was powerless to turn it around - hence the suicidal head-2-head with Belichick.

Playoff games are mana from heaven for disgruntled players looking for their next big pay-day.

On the biggest day of his season (as well as everyone else's) he didn't show-up.

I don't doubt someone will pick him up - they'll let some time go by so that they'll be holding the advantage in contract negotiations.

Hey Willie55--a spin story from Thomas' camp? That must mean Shalize whatsherface is writing another love letter, er article for the globe.

All this means is the teams that made low offers (or I should say offers he thought were low) will wait for him to realize his worth, and then try to sign him to a 1 year incentive based deal.

I understand the Milwaukee Iron may be that team:

mkeiron.com: Welcome

I was just on eBAY looking at a few things, and saw a Thomas jersey with a opening bid of $1.99!

Can you see TFB tryin to force that throw in that situation?

Me Neither.

Two Words: Gun Slinger.

You mean like the AFC Championship Game against the Colts in 2006?

:bricks:

I bet he wishes he'd thought the "I'm going to suck for a solid year and see what happens" thing through a little more.

Last edited:
I still think he has the potential to be a good player with the Jets or Ravens. With all the depth Baltimore has at OLB they're unlikely to want him, so his only chance is the Jets. If they use him in blitzes instead of drop him into coverage on every play, he'll be productive on that team.

I still think he has the potential to be a good player with the Jets or Ravens. With all the depth Baltimore has at OLB they're unlikely to want him, so his only chance is the Jets. If they use him in blitzes instead of drop him into coverage on every play, he'll be productive on that team.
No, he won't. He's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back