PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas not seeing any takers in free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised hes not with the Jets, or any team for that matter.

I guess teams saw the same highlight I did where he got stonewall blocked by Garrard and he had a full head of steam.

Last edited:
laughing at the haters.........

who says he's even pursuing anything right now?his value will go up during training camp

He didn't have a good attitude, but i think his problem is simpler than that. We signed him when he was 29 years old. His best years were on the Ravens.

He got older and slower. He was always known for his speed, and it went.

laughing at the haters.........

who says he's even pursuing anything right now?his value will go up during training camp

Yah good theory, AD is gonna put his toes up this summer & wait for the bidding war to ensue. :rolleyes:

He wants a big money deal and his skills aren't what they used to be. It's really no suprise that there isn't a big market out there for his services. I'd imagine if he lowered his asking price, the market for his services would suddenly get a lot better.

Yah good theory, AD is gonna put his toes up this summer & wait for the bidding war to ensue. :rolleyes:

Well, Rex Ryan did say that the Jets are waiting the market to be set for Thomas before they consider pursuing him. It is quite clear he meant that they want to make sure the market is set so they don't underpay him and screw him over. Yes, they could get him for a song now, but is that really fair for Thomas and Jets want to look out for Thomas' best interest.

Seriously, has any free agent ever been signed in training camp for much more than an one to two year deal for around the veteran minimum and modest signing bonuses and/or incentives. Any free agent who pulls themselves off the market until training camp either know they aren't going to get more than that and figure they might as well avoid offseason OTAs or are one of the dumbest people on the planet.

No way does Thomas get a good deal in training camp. If he gets anything other than a very modest deal it will be in the next few weeks. Considering there is no action on the guy, it is doubtful.

How could a team not want a washed up, malcontent, has-been? I mean look how well it worked out for the Vikings last year, I mean you know if you don't count him throwing the Superbowl away.

FavreMcINT.jpg

How could a team not want a washed up, malcontent, has-been? I mean look how well it worked out for the Vikings last year, I mean you know if you don't count him throwing the Superbowl away.

FavreMcINT.jpg

Favre never should have been put in that position. You can do what pretty much every single Vikings fan has done, which is blame Adrian Peterson and everyone else on that team who coughed up the football. Fumbles cost them that game long before Favre made that throw.

this is just part of negotiation. His price is too high right now and he hopes someone reaches for him. He doesn't need to go through minicamp and OTAs, but when training camp comes around his price will start dropping. He'll definitly sign with someone just not at the same price he had with the Pats.

For the right price, AD will find a home this year.

Ditto, someone will pick him up for the right price. Teams have been known to pick up worse Pats players for all kinds of reasons but more on the cheap than AD. He'll land somewhere for the right price. :confused2:

Ditto, someone will pick him up for the right price. Teams have been known to pick up worse Pats players for all kinds of reasons but more on the cheap than AD. He'll land somewhere for the right price. :confused2:

He'll take a veteran minimum deal with a token bonus somewhere; but seriously who wants a LB who threatened to fake injuries, and was a distraction to a playoff calibre team, and whose only current goal seems to be revenge on the former team?

this is just part of negotiation. His price is too high right now and he hopes someone reaches for him. He doesn't need to go through minicamp and OTAs, but when training camp comes around his price will start dropping. He'll definitly sign with someone just not at the same price he had with the Pats.

After Ty Law left the Pats to feed his family, he struggled to earn about two or three million dollars less than what the Pats had offered him to stay.

AD may spend the rest of his career trying to earn what he would have earned this year with the Pats. Quite a price to pay to 'be your own man'. ;)

I'm sure Thomas will be on a TC roster, but I don't think you can easily lump him with other ex-Patriots. The team didn't just let him go, they sent him out of Gillette with a catapult.

No one said he won't get picked up. He is just most likely going to get picked up for next to nothing. It is quite clear that most teams have seen what many of us and Belichick and the coaching staff have seen in that he just isn't that good anymore and with his attitude, he isn't worth spending money on.

My guess is that he will end up getting an one to two year deal with a modest bonus and salary and probably some incentives. No one is extremely hot on this guy and even the Jets seem lukewarm on him. Wherever he signs, he also won't be assured of a roster spot either. He will have to fight to get on the final 53 man roster since he brings no value to special teams and is probably nothing more than a situational player at this point.

I'll sign him... to mow my lawn and paint my house.... for slightly less than the Pats were paying him. I'd offer more if he'd plow my driveway, but something tells me he'd never show up on time to get the job done.

I'm sure Thomas will be on a TC roster, but I don't think you can easily lump him with other ex-Patriots.

True but do you really think he's that much of a pariah (pariah being a strong word I know but it's the best I can come up with lol). I'm glad he's gone but I still have a hard time thinking that no team would pick him up at the right price, I mean some teams' standards aren't exactly like ours plus he's familiar with our system. He didn't execute it but he's heard it. I don't know?

Once teams lose LBs to injury in camp, AD will be signed...vet scale plus incentive bonus. No big $ (for a NFL player that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes