PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas isn't a bust but he has been very bad in coverage. He should be at the line putting pressure on the QB instead of covering TE's. However, he's in coverage more because no other LB can cover.

He has been very poor in pass coverage..

I'm disappointed with Thomas primarily because he's so darn inconsistent. At time he plays like a pro bowler while at other times he plays as if he's out there just going through the motions.

I gotta say at this point the LB I'm more disappointed in is Vrabel. (Bruschi I had pretty much written off before the season began.)

Isn't the whole point of the BB defense that the linemen tie up blockers so the LBs can make tackles? Well how many tackles are these guys making? I just looked at the box score and it's Mayo with 6, Thomas with 2, and Vrabel and Bruschi with 1 a piece. I know tackles are a flawed statistic but still, this aint good.

He's looked good and bad at times.

Vrabel has looked bad all year long.

Bruschi too.

The Pats are about 2-3 years late in rebuilding the LB corps.

Let the kids (Crable, Woods, & Guyton) play. (?)

AD is being misused right now. He is most effective when he is rushing the QB. Vrabel seems to have lost his first step so he is ineffective. Why not give AD a shot? They need to figure out who they can plug in at LB during pass packages. I've seen GUyton in there and he hasn't given up plays. But they need to have some other backer in there with Guyton. Mayo was a disaster in pass coverage and Thomas has only been slightly better. Bruschi is useless and Vrabel doesn't have the wheels in open space. We need someone else in there that is strong against the run, can take on guards, but also cover. I say we sign Lynch, and have him play that role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes