PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas: Anything new?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. If they cut him, trade him or cut his salary, you have to say "I was wrong".

If they don't, I will say "they should have, I predicted they would, but they didn't. I was wrong".

Hey man, your the one who used the terminology "bet". If your not ready to stand behind your words then why use them?

Or you couls be a man of your word and make the bet that you proposed. How about sigs? That would be fair.

I didn't say they were cheap. I never said that. I said they should hire FA and try to win the SB. That is IF THERE ARE ANY GOOD FAs to sign.

Right now they are paying top FA money to Colvin and getting a "pretty good" LB. That doesn't make sense to me. Worst of both worlds.

Using that logic, it would be better to cut him and pay his FA money to Thomas.

his (Milloy's) salary was alot less than what Colvin is getting. Pats apparently thought he wasn't worth the money. So you can't say it's unprecendented.

Milloy was cut due to ROSTER restraints - a cap hit that would've gotten multiple others cut. The Patriots cap situation now is VERY different from 2003. Try again.

I didn't say they were cheap. I never said that. I said they should hire FA and try to win the SB. That is IF THERE ARE ANY GOOD FAs to sign.

Right now they are paying top FA money to Colvin and getting a "pretty good" LB. That doesn't make sense to me. Worst of both worlds.

Using that logic, it would be better to cut him and pay his FA money to Thomas.

Your first point doesn't work, ask any Redskins fan!

Colvin was the Top FA LB in 2003 and he had an injury that required him to have his hip replaced. He has made a great recovery and he is worth what he is getting paid.

Your last point - It doesn't work that way. Also do you think Thomas' cap hit for 2007 will be 6.5 mil or less? Thomas is good but he isn't head and shoulders above Colvin. You are also comparing to completely different type of players. One is a strong speed rushing OLB and the other is a Big, Strong fast DE/OLB much like Willie.

Last edited:
Arg. Lawyer Milloy. I find out we get Harrison. Visions of sugarplums danced in my head. Our safeties are Milloy and Harrison?!? I cannot WAIT to watch this season. Days later..Milloy cut.

So. I thought the idea of cutting Colvin to be "preposterous" too. But, what if we do sign AT? Could it be a similar scenario? I hope not, but it's not unreasonable. Remember, he blew out his hip. He's come back and played well and I imagine he'll continue to progress. He lost a seaon plus.

To whoever said we should go FA crazy and back-load contracts, I really hope that was sarcastic. That is a recipe for long-term disaster. See the national debt for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back