PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AD to IR, Seau Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
A.D. to injured reserve - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

The Patriots have placed LB Adalius Thomas (forearm) on season-ending injured reserve this morning.

With the roster spot, the Patriots finalized the expected signing of LB Junior Seau.

So much for a play-off monster coming back. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuudge.

I think maybe we'll see even more shake-up's soon. Even making it to the Big show would be a friggin' amazing NFL Cinderella story.

Last edited:
I love the Seau signing, but Thomas going on the IR is a kick to the groin on this friday morning.

That sucks, I didn't expect Thomas to be going away this morning.

Why did it take so long to make this move?

pity and sad that Adalius Thomas is in IR

there were some hope from us, fans, but it is not unexpected as the injury was serious

wellcome back Junior Seau !
to the next season Adalius Thomas !

Last edited:

I think it likely means they're not sure what's going to go down with Woods and they simply can't wait any longer to stop the bleeding in the LB corps.

Probably working guys out and then Scott and Bill talking about all the options.

I like Jr. coming back. This Mayo kid is getting a Harvard/MIT style education with all the Defensive veterans he's had the chance to play with this year.

wow that sucks. im sure seau will be just as effective though...

d%#*!@t:( :(

I'm thrilled about Seau:rocker: but I was figuring he was here in more of an "added oopmh" role, especially once AD came back.

To quote Charlie from Always Sunny in Philadelphia:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....shhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Last edited:
That sucks, I didn't expect Thomas to be going away this morning.
what happened to your boy breers sources for the arizona game??? shows you these media idiots no nothing

Well we can pretty much forget about a SB run with this news IMO. Without a pass rush, playoff QBs like Peyton & Big Ben are gonna torch our secondary apart.

Last edited:
what is surprising is that it was said he would be back in a few weeks....NOT!!!! sad...

what happened to your boy breers sources for the arizona game??? shows you these media idiots no nothing
I told you what he said, don't come whining to me.

Said this yesterday, while everyone was focusing on Woods and Redd going to IR, asked what about AD.. was told I was negative..

Gotta do something for this D, hopefully the tank is about 2/3 full for Junior..

Well that is really ****ty news about AD. Like many here, I was really keeping my fingers crossed for a ballsy playoff comeback, cast & all.

Seau signing is ho-hum. Like Colvin, file it under "Should have been done 3 weeks ago."

I told you what he said, don't come whining to me.
not whining stating a fact, you seem to take everything breer says as gospel, since you post every tid bit he posts, just proving to you he knows nothing

not whining stating a fact, you seem to take everything breer says as gospel, since you post every tid bit he posts, just proving to you he knows nothing
I said what he said. I didn't say it was a sure thing. Now stfu and contribute something.

I said what he said. I didn't say it was a sure thing. Now stfu and contribute something.
there are anger management courses available, california has many in your area

So, what are we looking at now at LB?

With Seau back, will they move Guyton to the outside with Vrabel and Colvin? Will they cycle Bruschi, Seau, Mayo on the inside?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes