PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AD on our lack of pass rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill can save the season by sending AD home for the season -- he's a wimp.

Then you've got no call to be complaining about A.D. He didn't call out anyone. He simply passed on a no win question.

How is "go ask the coaches, they are responsible for the gameplan" not calling them out?

If what you say is true, then he should have stuck to the BB-BS coach speak or say, "we just didn't get it done and go back to work."

However, if you read around, you'll find reports that neither Bruschi nor Vrabel were universally loved as teammates. If you've got reports of Thomas as a teammate that say he's a poor one, please share them with attribution.:

I've heard that too- especially Vrabel. But what I did like was that they (it seemed) never behaved like Thomas...Time to move on this one. It's beat to death.

Now, if you want to now about the Red Sox of the mid-80's..... :cool:

I've got some stories too. Do tell ;)

How is "go ask the coaches, they are responsible for the gameplan" not calling them out?

If what you say is true, then he should have stuck to the BB-BS coach speak or say, "we just didn't get it done and go back to work."

That's not what he said. That's what YOU are saying he said.

That's not what he said. That's what YOU are saying he said.

Alright, alright....I believe that is what he incinuated when he said, "Whatever they call, that’s what we play.’’

So, he should say something like:

"Look, these clowns have me sitting back in coverage. They got rid of the team's best pass rushing defensive lineman, shipped Vrabel out, brought in that stiff Burgess and changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Go talk to the idiots who made those decisions."

That's what he should be saying, on a Patriots team? If he did that, people would be reaming him for daring to speak out. These players can't win when it comes to pointing out the problems.

I'd prefer Adalius Thomas say "look, I know I haven't lived up the fans, coaches, or even my own expectations. However, I've got a few games left here as a Patriot and I intend to give 110% from here on out."

I agree with Deus for once.

Sure our d-line stinks this season. But it doesn't matter because we got an extra first round draft pick coming in 2011!

Sure our d-line stinks this season. But it doesn't matter because we got an extra first round draft pick coming in 2011!

Yep either that or "The pass rush went to Oakland".

Nobody seems to be answering this, so I'll open it to anyone.....I'm hearing again and again that gee, Thomas would be a Gladiator-style pass rushing DEMON, unleashing hell on opposing backfields if only that moron Bill Belichick would let him. Is that pretty much it? Because I can stipulate a lot of things--Belichick wants to emphasis containment, Thomas (and Burgess) is playing back in coverage more, whatever. What I can NOT buy is that if he were "turned loose" by the coaching staff Thomas would become an animal out there.

Does anyone believe this?

Nobody seems to be answering this, so I'll open it to anyone.....I'm hearing again and again that gee, Thomas would be a Gladiator-style pass rushing DEMON, unleashing hell on opposing backfields if only that moron Bill Belichick would let him. Is that pretty much it? Because I can stipulate a lot of things--Belichick wants to emphasis containment, Thomas (and Burgess) is playing back in coverage more, whatever. What I can NOT buy is that if he were "turned loose" by the coaching staff Thomas would become an animal out there.

God no. Not sure what the issue is. More physical or mental...

OMG, people here reading into the few words that AD says. He says as little as possible so as not to have anybody read anything into it. He has always been that way.

The good news is that if we release AD, he will most likely become a Jet and then we won't have to worry about their pass rush as much.

Just bemoaning what he perceives as a lackluster effort on our part to get a quality pass-rusher.

Well done, Patspsycho...:singing:

The good news is that if we release AD, he will most likely become a Jet and then we won't have to worry about their pass rush as much.

Here's where you're wrong. In that scheme, he'll just be focusing on one-gap pass-rushing which means no dropback, no read and react. Just go straight for Brady.

if he becomes a jet rex rayn knows how to use him and he would become a 10 sack guy again

The fact that Ben Watson or Adalius Thomas aren't productive this year doesn't mean Belichick is an idiot. It means that the coordinators on both sides of the ball behave as if they had no NFL experience before joining this team... which is actually true.

The fact that Ben Watson or Adalius Thomas aren't productive this year doesn't mean Belichick is an idiot. It means that the coordinators on both sides of the ball behave as if they had no NFL experience before joining this team... which is actually true.

I don't buy that either, in the sense that Belichick can wash his hands of something that idiot message board posters can see.

As for Watson, the Pats should absolutely try to use their TEs more, but Watson's been a huge disappointment considering his physical gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back