AD article on ESPN.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan77

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
by Jeffrey Chadiha:

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots linebacker Adalius Thomas should be feeling fairly comfortable right about now. He might have been the team's most expensive offseason acquisition -- netting a five-year contract that included $20 million in guaranteed money -- but he hasn't had to carry the weight that normally comes with such big money.

Nice read. Thanks for posting.

I feel just like Bruschi: "As Bruschi said: "He is versatility with a capital V. I can't wait to see what Bill Belichick does with him."".

I can't believe the writer doesn't mention AD's move to the inside. You'd think that fact might be significant.

I can't believe the writer doesn't mention AD's move to the inside. You'd think that fact might be significant.
We see a lot of people buying into the idea that Adalius is best suited to be an edge rusher and should therefore be bumping Rosie or Vrabes for edge time. Pat Kirwin's piece also downplayed Thomas at ILB. One hopes the NFL at large does since it is my belief that this not only plugs the biggest hole in the defense, but also gives BB/DP the greatest flexibility to game plan. I don't give a rats' behind about Thomas as a sack master, BB wants turnovers and Thomas in the middle makes more sense if that's the goal.

I think the thing the National media misses is that with Vrabel and AD on the same side it will allow them to change up who's rushing and who's dropping for the first time since Willie left.

On rushing downs I'm sure Bruschi and Seau will see a lot of snaps inside but against a team like Indy it will still be Vrabel and AD splitting the inside time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes