PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Actually NOT a bad article by Borges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
You know..it wasn't bad..today's Chad Brown article was pretty good...bit Borges's aticles like this ARE usually very good..an interview a look at someone's past...his Fred McCrary article of many years back wasn't bad...nor the Stigley 24th article..although he hardly said anything about his freinds Tatum and Atkinson... but not bad...I think if he stuck to indepth interviews and away from football and the Pats directly he might be paletable..at least two or 3 a year...but his usual stuff has be gagging and wretching..

Pats726 said:
You know..it wasn't bad..today's Chad Brown article was pretty good...bit Borges's aticles like this ARE usually very good..an interview a look at someone's past...his Fred McCrary article of many years back wasn't bad...nor the Stigley 24th article..although he hardly said anything about his freinds Tatum and Atkinson... but not bad...I think if he stuck to indepth interviews and away from football and the Pats directly he might be paletable..at least two or 3 a year...but his usual stuff has be gagging and wretching..

Borges alternates between bitter, pissy articles and insightful, reasonable ones.

That's his game plan.

He is very good at the craft of writing article length pieces.

Too bad he is so badly tainted by letting personal views cloud analysis in a way that would not be allowed in any other section of a newspaper.

I agree....it's a REAl bitter pill from the Oakland days...andNOT good at all!!
Totally would never get away with it in any other sction..the whole Givens article was...drumroll a good one..but his agent or ex-agent was Given's agent..kind of an inside scoop?? AND not mentioned???? A conflict of interest?? not worthy for words?? As usal a scumbag..unethical even.

Agreed, it was a really good piece. There is a reason he is a professional journalist; just a shame he lets his ego & agenda adulterate 95% of his work.

Of course, another reason the Chad Brown piece was probably so good is that if you go back and look at it, I'd say about 75% is direct quotes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes