PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Active/PUP: Vrabel, Welker, Green, Neal, Kaczur, Hobbs, Wright, 4 others

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PUP list might be a smoke-screen too...

They have to pass the run. If they don't run it, they can't pass. Just curious, not insinuating badness.

I don't think so.

OK, let me amend that to "any physical reason," including conditioning, flu, etc. I really think they aim very inclusive.

OK, let me amend that to "any physical reason," including conditioning, flu, etc. I really think they aim very inclusive.

If we are trying to figure out why Bill put's people on this list or not on this list, it's an exercise in futility.

Bill and these "lists" that he has to abide by, per NFL rules, don't get along so well.

Actually, they'd be placed on the Active/Non-Football Illness or Active/Non-Football Injury list if that was the case.

If we are trying to figure out why Bill put's people on this list or not on this list, it's an exercise in futility.

Wise words, I retreat. :)

Does having a player on PUP open a spot on the 80 man roster?

Normally I wouldn't be concerned, but some of these guys weren't present for minicamp as well.

The gap is closing!!!!!:snob:

Last edited:
Just as a technicality, three of these players were actually placed on the Active/Non-Football Injury list: Kaczur, Harrison, and Green-Ellis.

So that lends some credence to the debate Belichick had yesterday in his press conference over the semantics of "physically unable to perform (specifically in Kaczur's case).

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL+Zone/Transactions/default.htm?mode=afceast
Is this a similar designation as Active PUP?? I do remember Mruczkowski in I believe 03, who had a knee injury not related to football and was recovering from it. He was on that list..(maybe on the reserve Non-football injury list after) and then in early Nov, was moved to the Reserve PUP list and then IR. Just curious..interesting technical point.

Is this a similar designation as Active PUP?? I do remember Mruczkowski in I believe 03, who had a knee injury not related to football and was recovering from it. He was on that list..(maybe on the reserve Non-football injury list after) and then in early Nov, was moved to the Reserve PUP list and then IR. Just curious..interesting technical point.

Technically, yes. PUP is for football-related injuries, but NFI (actually there is both a Non-Football Injury and Non-Football Illness) are for, well, non-football injuries and illnesses. Kaczur's situation could fall into that, certainly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back