PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Activate Bam Childress.... go down swinging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBigglesWorth

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I firmly believe this guy needs to be given a chance. This gy was productive in last years end of the reg. season game against Miami. He made plays in the pre-season.

He seems to know the offense. Knows how to find open holes in the zone and the guy is quick and can get separation.

Sure he is small, but once he catches the ball he could pull a branch and fall down before getting hit. He has no problem going over the middle.

If the offense is this bad, what's wrong with trying him on offense.

Sure Kelvin Kight was in there for special teams, so put gaffney or gabriel on special teams in his place.

Why did they wait till the end of the game to put Hobbs as a kick returner.

They need to give some of these younger guys who have speed a chance to make some plays and help.

What harm can it do? We were complaining at the beginning fo the season he was released.

From what I saw of Childress he looked like he could be the greatest wide receiver ever to play the game.

We can only assume that Belichick is not playing him because he's not as good in practice as the other guys, including Doug Gabriel and Jabar Gaffney, as hard as that is to imagine.

It seems to me there are three possibilities:

1.) he's not that good, at least not good enough to get a place on the roster ahead of anyone else.

2.) Belichick is holding him back as a secret weapon. Someone whom he will activate at the right moment, when it really matters, and play so well that it revolutionizes the game. Belichick is just waiting for the right moment.

3.) Belichick is incompetent and is not playing Childress because he doesn't know enough about football to recognize his talent.

I guess this could have been a poll.

Last edited:
There might be something to this Red Sox fan thing.

"Go down swinging"?

From what I saw of Childress he looked like he could be the greatest wide receiver ever to play the game.

We can only assume that Belichick is not playing him because he's not as good in practice as the other guys, including Doug Gabriel and Jabar Gaffney, as hard as that is to imagine.

It seems to me there are three possibilities:

1.) he's not that good, at least not good enough to get a place on the roster ahead of anyone else.

2.) Belichick is holding him back as a secret weapon. Someone whom he will activate at the right moment, when it really matters, and play so well that it revolutionizes the game. Belichick is just waiting for the right moment.

3.) Belichick is incompetent and is not playing Childress because he doesn't know enough about football to recognize his talent.

I guess this could have been a poll.

I lvoe the sarcasm. You're onto something. I think they should keep everything the way it is and run the ball because they are an awesome running team. I think they should only give Gabriel a handful of plays to participate in and I think they should elave Matt Light out on an island against mario williams. Heck I think they should keep kevin faulk returning kicks to the 30 yard line because they don't need field position becuase the offense is on fire. But then again maybe they changed their mind when ellis hobbs returned a kickoff for 50 yards at the end of the game. but then again why keep childress is he's no good?

or maybe they could make an adjustment and give somebody on chance to make a play.

The fact that Kight was activated and Bam wasn't speaks for something. And since we're not the ones evaluating the players on the practice field, our say is limited to...well...nothing.

What does it speak of. Did Kight play?

Yes, Kight did play.

What does it speak of? If BB wanted to activate Bam, he would have done so instead of activating Kight.

Yes, Kight did play.

What does it speak of? If BB wanted to activate Bam, he would have done so instead of activating Kight.

I think it was a decision motivated by special teams depth.

Why did they finally use Hobbs as a kick returner at the end of the game and not prior?

I do think they should take some chances, but I do think they will stay conservative.

Why did they finally use Hobbs as a kick returner at the end of the game and not prior?

Hobbes fumbled a punt return during the fiasco at Denver last postseason, didn't he? Sorta started the avalanche of turnovers. I agree that Faulk is unimpressive, but Maroney was doing great.

Then again, Hobbes isn't doing too much as a DB so we might as well use him for something.

Last edited:
Hobbes fumbled a punt return during the fiasco at Denver last postseason, didn't he? Sorta started the avalanche of turnovers. I agree that Faulk is unimpressive, but Maroney was doing great.

Then again, Hobbes isn't doing too much as a DB so we might as well use him for something.

Alot of things happened last year. Troy Brown fumbled also. Daniel Graham missed a key block resulting in brady being pressured and throwing to champ baily. One miscue shouldn't put a guy in the doghouse.

Alot of things happened last year. Troy Brown fumbled also. Daniel Graham missed a key block resulting in brady being pressured and throwing to champ baily. One miscue shouldn't put a guy in the doghouse.

try telling that to Doug Gabriel

but anyways, I think Ellis Hobbs not returning kicks previously had more to do with not risking another injury to the secondary

Belichick needs to be replaced before it's too late!!

Stop blaming Ken Walters and Josh McDaniels. There's only one man responsible for keeping Bam Childress off the field and that's Bill Belichick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back