PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Action" Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
that made by day woooo glad hes doing well

This is like opening toys on christmas...:rocker:

Also good to hear we might have a kicker that can put his kickoffs into the endzone consistantly.

You won't find a bigger Jackson booster than me -and this is a lot better than reading about numerous dropped passes...

... but its a lot easier to catch passes - leaping or otherwise - when you are reasonably sure no one's going to come out of your blind spot to rip your head off your neck

Hearing that Thomas seems to have some speed as well is another good sign

I wonder who, if anyone, they worked out at PR, as that's a pretty signficant need we have and an opportunity for a rookie to stick

(I suppose if all else fails there's always Biesel, seeing as he's a self-proclaimed PR guy)

JoeSixPat said:
You won't find a bigger Jackson booster than me -and this is a lot better than reading about numerous dropped passes...

... but its a lot easier to catch passes - leaping or otherwise - when you are reasonably sure no one's going to come out of your blind spot to rip your head off your neck

Hearing that Thomas seems to have some speed as well is another good sign

I wonder who, if anyone, they worked out at PR, as that's a pretty signficant need we have and an opportunity for a rookie to stick

(I suppose if all else fails there's always Biesel, seeing as he's a self-proclaimed PR guy)

Of course you have to take this with a greain of salt but regardless it is still a good sign and very encouraging.

I have zero concerns about Jackson's hands or speed. Running great routes and reading the defense correctly all the time are my concerns.

Reiss said:
Kicker Steve Gostkowski showed solid leg strength while booting kickoffs. He consistently was kicking the ball from one end zone to the other end zone in the 80-yard practice bubble.
80 yards, that's way long - 70 yards from the 30 to the other end zone of a real field. Presumably he'll lose some distance when adding height and accuracy but is sounds like we have a "strong 'un".

BelichickFan said:
80 yards, that's way long - 70 yards from the 30 to the other end zone of a real field. Presumably he'll lose some distance when adding height and accuracy but is sounds like we have a "strong 'un".

Tomase said his kicks were hitting the roof of the practice dome. Does anyone know approximately how tall that is?

zippo59 said:
Tomase said his kicks were hitting the roof of the practice dome. Does anyone know approximately how tall that is?
Yeah, here's his quote :

"Kicker Stephen Gostkowski blasted his kickoffs high and deep. There’s no telling exactly how far his practice balls were sailing because they kept hitting the practice bubble roof."

I don't know how high it is but it sounds like the "previous kicker" didn't used to do this or it wouldn't have been worth pointing out. I think I'm developing a man love for Gosto before his first preseason game :)

Last edited by a moderator:
BelichickFan said:
Yeah, here's his quote :

"Kicker Stephen Gostkowski blasted his kickoffs high and deep. There’s no telling exactly how far his practice balls were sailing because they kept hitting the practice bubble roof."

:)

Sheesh ... i hate showoffs !

SG: Coach...wanna see me hit the roof?
BB: Um..sure
SG: OKAY! ::kicks the ball:: :: chunk of roof falls off:: ::hits Brady in the head::
BB: GOD DAMN KICKERS

Last edited:
I've heard some UF fans call him "Big Play Action" Chad Jackson... he could be deadly with his speed combined with a Brady to Maroney play action fake. I'm getting excited about this offense.

drew4008 said:
I've heard some UF fans call him "Big Play Action" Chad Jackson... he could be deadly with his speed combined with a Brady to Maroney play action fake. I'm getting excited about this offense.
If we can get Branch re-signed and Jackson comes through then Brady, Maroney, Branch, Jackson and Watson could be totally sick. And it could be even better if Dillon has two more good years left and Graham re-signs.

I'm loving this... Jackson impressing in his first action with the team, after taking my high school number (17). Been a big Jackson booster all along, he's going to be a stud.

Does anyone know a place to see pictures from rookie-camp so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back