Welcome to PatsFans.com

ACORN controversy: Voter fraud or mudslinging?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Oct 18, 2008.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

In this case I think its Mudslinging with a capital MUD. I also think the whole thing should :rip: Enough already. :confused:

ACORN controversy: Voter fraud or mudslinging? - Yahoo! News

The stories are almost comical: Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, registered to vote on Nov. 4.

Looking beyond the smoke and fire, the raging argument boils down to essentially this:

Is ACORN, according to McCain, perpetuating voter fraud that could be "destroying the fabric of democracy"? Or are Republicans trying to keep the disadvantaged, who tend to be Democrats, from casting ballots in a hotly contested presidential race that has drawn record numbers of new voters?
    By legal definition, to commit voter fraud means a person would have to present some kind of documentation at the polls — a driver's license, a phone bill or another form of ID — that bears the name of Mickey Mouse, for example. To do so risks a fine and imprisonment under state laws.
    This is all just one big head-fake," said Tova Wang of the government watchdog group Common Cause. "What silliness this is, at this point. It's all about creating this perception that there is a tremendous problem with voter fraud in this country, and it's not true."

2. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+2] Nah, it's 100% pure Chicago politics [highlight]voter fraud[/highlight].

Registering 93 times to vote!! Registering 30,000 convicted felons!!! :wha:

Registering thousands of dead people!!! Bribing people with free money, free cigarettes (no health nuts are ACORN), free booze (ditto), free lunches, free car rides, free Obam-uh-h-h Tee-shirts, etc.

Yep, that's called FRAUD. Common Cause sleeps over at Bill Ayers' house, while Bernadine Dohrn serves them tea and "brownies" (wink, wink). ("Wow, man. F-ing great brownies, man. What'd you put in 'em, man???" :woohoo:)

Guilty as charged. [/size]

//

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  3. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

Fog during and after the last two elections thats all I heard from the Lt. Voter fraud. The RT. said its sour grapes to bad. Now that the election doesn't appeaar to be going their way now their yelling VOTER FRAUD. I say ahh, sour grapes.
    These people are paid by how many names they bring in so its not a stretch to imagine some of them to lazy to get out and actualy do the foot work. So they just grab a phone book or the obites whatever has a list of names. And what is the amount of bad forms Acorn has voluntarily turned in 7000? Thats hardly massive voter fraud unless one wishes to make it so .

Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  4. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Who's guilty? Who's been charged? With what? Obama is guilty? Of what? What charges has anyone faced?

Ironic that the biggest fraud of the forum would have the ordacity to label anyone else a fraud.

Meanwhile, the caging lists in Jacksonville in 00 and 04, and 100,000 repeat names matching those of felons thrown out throughout Florida? That was completely acceptable to people like Fog.

As we've learned long ago: Different when your guys do it, huh?

5. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +236 / 1 / -0

#12 Jersey

It's probably both but that same day register to vote and then vote policy in Ohio could have easily and most likely did result in some fraudulent votes. How many? Well republicans will say thousands upon thousands and democrats will a couple or so.:disagreement:

Hang on to your azzes if it's close.

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Well, see, here's the difference: in 2000 and 2004 there was NO voter fraud. That was made up out of whole cloth. "Hanging chads", "Diebold machines". Yeah, right. Meanwhile, it's documented that Dems simply threw out thousands of military servicemen absentee ballots. Just threw them out!!! :mad:

Today, it's just a case of Dems pulling out all the stops in a power grab. They are playing from the same book as Robert Mugabee in Zimbabwe, but they're not going to get away with it.

:nono: ---------- :nono: ------------ :nono:

//

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

ACORN is guilty as hell. But they're not going to get away with it. Playing the race card and/or the "poor people" card doesn't work anymore. NObama, NOway, NOBiden, NOHow.

(Thanks, Hillary. ;) )

//

9. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

There is a post #7 I believe that is so fraudulant,decitfull, and delusional it doesn't merit a direct response.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

Guess in his quest for world domination, sounds like Pinky and the Brain, Moon and his followers threw out due process.. if you read the article posted you might understand more instead of pulling the same old RW talking points out of your butt..

In case you don't know this, ACORN reported the problem as required by law.. read the info.. it is not what you think.

11. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

HMMM Let me guess who plays Pinky here could it be .......................................FOG.

12. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

IMO its politics as usually. The ACORN response by McCain is intended to compell more of his base to come out and vote.

13. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,083 / 27 / -36

#15 Jersey

Wow. This sounds as bad as Florida in 2000. Everyone knows that was fraud. You must of been furious.

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

When I see that ACORN has not done what I have already read that it has done, the registering of felons, the mega-multiple registrations by one person/a number of people, the registration of thousands of dead people, etc, etc, etc, and I learn that they are NOT trying to buy off votes with freebies, then I may see them as honest. Right now they do not meet that standard.

//

15. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You got bad information on Florida. There was no cheating by Repubs on that. Sorry if that bursts your bubble, but it is what it is.

//

16. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +217 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I fixed it for you..And for the story of how the 1960 election was stolen by
    Chicago politicians......
    Al Gore 2000 = Kennedy 1960?

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

You didn't answer a single direct question I asked... Just repeated the same DUMB and baseless allegation. Not that anyone's ever surprised.

18. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,111 / 3 / -10

Be careful what you say about those little Acornians.