PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to WFXT in Boston...Seau is signed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: According to Fox in Boston...Seau is signed...

WCVB reports the same thing this morning.
That's good...one can never tell with Butch...but in this case..I felt it was more true than not expecially with everything going on....

First Rosey, then Junior. This is a good week. When will they bring back Roman Phifer? :D

According to WFXT in Boston...Seau is signed...

This is good news for the opposition;)

I think BB wanted to go with a youth movement this year at LB, he just ran out of bodies.

Great news!! It's been over 2 years since we lost a game with Seau and Colvin on the active roster :D

Last edited:
I heard this on local morning news as well but nothing from Reiss yet. I just hope it's true! If Junior's healthy he brings so much experience and toughness, plus DEPTH, something which we can't seem to keep stockpiled high enough.

In some ways I wish this had happened sooner but given the domino injury effect I'm sorta glad BB waited. Junior and Rosie will be ready just in time plus our rookies have gotten some real time in as well.

Building for the playoffs (x fingers crossed x) :yeeha:

If true, I think Seau will have a bigger impact than Colvin.

While Colvin is filling a real position of need, he was clearly in decline before his injury last year. He struggled setting the edge, and showed less burst as a pass rusher. He did total four sacks through 11 games, but remember that that was with 20 and 30-point leads through those first 11 games, and that put him on pace for just six for a full season.

Seau was the Pats best ILB last season. He was a great tackler, diagnosed plays instantly, held his area of containment, blitzed, and dropped into coverage effectively. He had four great passes defensed, and three INT's - the best inside coverage on the team from the oldest player.

Matching Seau with Mayo could be very effective, and enable Bruschi to rest a lot more.

Lining up Vrabel-Seau-Bruschi-Colvin probably offers the most experienced LB corps in the league, but that's not a happy thought.

On a potentially related note, I have noticed that Redd is injured after tallying a couple special teams tackles. If he is the odd man out, I guess it doesn't make much impact, but it's mildly disappointing if that's all he makes of a great opportunity.

I'm guessing Guyton starts at OLB with Colvin backing him up. Seau fills in at the 3rd ILB spot.

Another way to look at this is that BB has always favored a LB rich defense, sometimes puting up to 7 or so on the field at a time. Plus, it takes lots of guys to sub in on the 3-4. Nagging injuries to the stahtiz has probably forced BB's hand in his determination to make the playoffs, unlike the draftnik uber alles attitude of several fans posting here
Me, I just hope nobody else goes on IR. Enough!

I'm guessing Guyton starts at OLB with Colvin backing him up. Seau fills in at the 3rd ILB spot.

That's a great idea. ON a passing downs, third and long, coverage is obviously bollocks, so maybe we'll see some kind of Colvin/Mayo/Seau/Guyton attack. S&M at inside (tee hee) could probably be pretty effective in neutralizing TE's, too.

Defensively we might even see some kind of 4-4-3* scenario (Green/Wright, Wilfork, Seymour, Warren :: Colvin, Mayo, Seau, Guyton :: Hobbs, Meriweather, O'Neal)

That sounds like our best bet for versatility in coverage while elaving a pass rush available for a no huddle switch at third and long.

Get more rest time for Vrabel and Bru and they become bigger difference makers, as well. If Thomas re-appears for Arizona (pweaze) I think we have a legit shot at making a dent in the play-off's.

*This could also be a way to re-invent the much lauded and abruptly sacked 4-5-2 and 2-5-4 scenarios of training camp threads.

Last edited:
There has to be another move coming to make room for Seau on the roster.

My guess is that Woods ends up on IR. Heard on WEEI this morning that he may have a broken jaw.

Taxed

*This could also be a way to re-invent the much lauded and abruptly sacked 4-5-2 and 2-5-4 scenarios of training camp threads.

Right!

The 4-3 has been terrible this year. Wright and Green have had very poor seasons, and the linemen just don't seem to produce in a 4-3 system.

However, the 2-5 has worked better, when they have been able to run it. Adding linebackers will enable to Pats to use this more, and hopefully do a better job on third and long.

so when can we expect to see these guys (colvin seau) in a games?

so when can we expect to see these guys (colvin seau) in a games?

Sunday. There are only 4 healthy LBs left on the roster. Both will be getting playing time. Forget about being in shape or ramping up. Ty Law played almost all game with the Jets, and he wasn't on their team last year.

None of this matters. According to the folks in the Political forum, the economy has permanently collapsed, there will be full scale riots by 2009, and we are under Martial Law.

Enjoy the game Sunday!!!!!!!!! :)

None of this matters. According to the folks in the Political forum, the economy has permanently collapsed, there will be full scale riots by 2009, and we are under Martial Law.

Enjoy the game Sunday!!!!!!!!! :)

I learned early on to stay out of the sewer that is the Political Forum. There HAS to be a better way to spend the hours of one's life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back