2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Between 3:00PM and 6:00PM...
Temp: 22 degrees dropping to 20 degrees
Wind: 12 MPH dropping to 11 MPH from WNW to NW
Partly cloudy to clearing

smells like Patriots playoff football weather to me!

let's do this dance! :rocker:

Not all that bad really. Sure, you like 5-6 mile per hour winds, but 11-12 mile per hour winds aren't going to effect the passing game all that much. Now, if it was 25-30 mile per hour winds I'd be singing a different tune.

Last edited:
Yeah, after alll the concerns about 20-30 MPH with gusts, it's looking like a very nice, cold day.

awesome.

this is by far the clearest postseason for us in terms of weather at home. and its the season where clear weather is most necessary for us. as good as we are we've caught some breaks this year. injuries have been minimal, it just seems like destiny after all the BS we put up with this year. we'll see in the next couple games

Not all that bad really. Sure, you like 5-6 mile per hour winds, but 11-12 mile per hour winds aren't going to effect the passing game all that much. Now, if it was 25-30 mile per hour winds I'd be singing a different tune.
according to www.wbztv.com a local station the wind will 20 miles per hour at 3pm. the local station is always more accurate

Last edited:
Did Norvell bring the Chargers up to the Northeast earlier in the week to acclimatize, or is his plan to go into the game "Cold Turkey"?:bricks:

Yeah, after alll the concerns about 20-30 MPH with gusts, it's looking like a very nice, cold day.
Do you mean in California or in Foxboro? :D

Does anybody have an anemometer to go stand outside the stadium with and tell us the real wind velocity? I know, looks like 11 - 12 mph at game time.

Current wind: 2 to 8 mph heading 313.

So, the heading is basically northwest -- slightly more northerly.

This would be almost directly out the open end of the stadium. If the wind stays at that heading, it's a bit easier to deal with since it won't be a cross wind.

Channel 5 just said that the winds will be picking up in the second half and by the end of the game temps will be in the teens with +5 to -5 windchill as a result. So I think we are looking at winds of 11-13 building to a little over 20mph between 3-6PM. It is currently 22 degrees in Foxboro now according to Sal Pal, and expected to be a windchill of approaching 10 degrees at game time.

i think the cold should be to our advantage, but other weather sites have the winds at 15--16 MPH, which means it will be gusting in the 20's. definitely could float or knock down a few passes.

I think any higher winds definitely favors our boys. San Diego throws it deep more frequently than the Pats do, believe it or not. Brady will sling it all day underneath with the best of them as we all know. Huge edge to Brady for knowing how to play in the elements. He's done nothing but play in the northeast for the last 2 months. Rivers last 2 games have been in San Diego and in a dome. He has no idea what's about to hit him if he plays and there's wind.

Was just listening to a report from Foxborough on ESPN. In talking to the Chargers they didn't think it would be a disadvantage to be playing in the cold. They said Jammer thought it would be fun to play in the cold, as he played in San Diego and U of Texas in college. Yea, Jammer can relay that to the receivers when they get hit hard and go to the turf. "Now, wasn't that fun".

I think any higher winds definitely favors our boys. San Diego throws it deep more frequently than the Pats do, believe it or not. Brady will sling it all day underneath with the best of them as we all know. Huge edge to Brady for knowing how to play in the elements. He's done nothing but play in the northeast for the last 2 months. Rivers last 2 games have been in San Diego and in a dome. He has no idea what's about to hit him if he plays and there's wind.

And we saw how Forest Rivers plays in the "elements" when Dolts played Bolts. Forest was on pace to hand the game over to Indy despite getting benefit of 6 ints., 2 TD returns

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
P. Rivers 13/24 104 0 2

Nuff said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back