PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to this article, the patriots have tons of money to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miguel can explain it better but, as he's said before, we're low on cash spending. That can be despite being up against the cap due to contract structure (bonuses that were paid X number of years ago which hit the cap annually). This year we need to spend more cash or pay that cash as a penalty to the union.

Now for conjecture on my part, it seems like the perfect time to re-sign Revis, Dev, etc, with big bonuses to get the cash spending up but spread the cap hit across several years.

I don't pretend to know the specifics because when it comes to the cap everyone has an opinion and I don't know who to believe. You will have one media guy claim there is not enough to sign Dmc,Revis. Another will claim they got plenty and more to extend Solder,redo Revis and McCourty. And then this new tweet.

Do the Patriots have to spend to that number or pay the Union? If so and they haven't been, are there any logical reasons out there why they haven't been? The Patriots ticket prices are among the highest in the NFL so you would hope they are spending close to it. Again, I don't know the specifics and I'm not sure how it works and if the Patriots are in the bottom half of spending. Miquel would be welcome here.

I don't pretend to know the specifics because when it comes to the cap everyone has an opinion and I don't know who to believe. You will have one media guy claim there is not enough to sign Dmc,Revis. Another will claim they got plenty and more to extend Solder,redo Revis and McCourty. And then this new tweet.

Do the Patriots have to spend to that number or pay the Union? If so and they haven't been, are there any logical reasons out there why they haven't been? The Patriots ticket prices are among the highest in the NFL so you would hope they are spending close to it. Again, I don't know the specifics and I'm not sure how it works and if the Patriots are in the bottom half of spending. Miquel would be welcome here.
Bob Kraft is cheap, the Patriots never pay their players and they don't attract enough talent like the Broncos.

I can't stand it!

Bob Kraft is cheap, the Patriots never pay their players and they don't attract enough talent like the Broncos.

I can't stand it!

I was waiting for this reply to come up and of course it's from someone who is joking. Those people are now in dormant isolation knowing the masses won't jump to their side with pitchfork and torch in hand. Winning Super Bowls is a good thing.

I was waiting for this reply to come up and of course it's from someone who is joking. Those people are now in dormant isolation knowing the masses won't jump to their side with pitchfork and torch in hand. Winning Super Bowls is a good thing.
It really is telling how the Chicken Littles have gone into hibernation. However, we all know that as unlikely as it seems now, the weather will soon be warmer, the snow will melt and free agency and the cap will result in some unpopular personnel events which will re-energize the CLs as the strengthening sun invigorates the morning birds. Enjoy their absence while it lasts, and I'm not referring to the morning birds.

It really is telling how the Chicken Littles have gone into hibernation. However, we all know that as unlikely as it seems now, the weather will soon be warmer, the snow will melt and free agency and the cap will result in some unpopular personnel events which will re-energize the CLs as the strengthening sun invigorates the morning birds. Enjoy their absence while it lasts, and I'm not referring to the morning birds.

don't worry. They'll be back to ruining game threads soon enough.

don't worry. They'll be back to ruining game threads soon enough.

Actually, we really only need to wait for the draft for chicken little syndrome to kick in.

I can hear it already... "I'm still pisssed that Belichick wasted the first two picks last year on the future instead of picking players to help us win the Super Bo-- , um nevermind."

Two fellow capologists have figured out that the union is considering Brady's $30 million signing bonus as part of 2012, not 2013 cash spending because 2/25/13, date of extension, was during the 2012 League Year. By this reasoning teams have until the end of the 2016 League Year (sometime in March 2017) to reach the 89% threshold.

I can't stand it!

This might be today's talking points for Felger, Borges and some of the others.. after all the Superbowl is about 4 weeks past.. time to start some controversy.

Long offseason..

This might be today's talking points for Felger, Borges and some of the others.. after all the Superbowl is about 4 weeks past.. time to start some controversy.

Long offseason..

Sadly Felger has a microphone at his disposal so all it will take is for him to come out and say that Kraft and the Patriots are cheap and don't spend to the cap. He will quote the article that is wrong and 1/2 of New England will question it. I'm telling you,the power of the media is downright scary. They could decide to change the color of the sky and some people just might believe them.

It really is telling how the Chicken Littles have gone into hibernation.

Only until Free Agency starts when teams are signing and having guys visit left and right and the Pats make a few depth re-signings and signings.

Long offseason..

They're also gonna be mad at the fact that there is no Brady contract drama which some including borges was predicting.

:rolleyes:
Ahhh ... the Steve from Fall River battle cry ... good post LOL.
I seriously heard him call in to a show a week before the SB. And ...he brought up Ty law.............again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes