PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to Sirius Troy Brown strongly leaning towards retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sirius Radio in the last hour had some report concerning WR Troy Brown and indication from the source says Troy is leaning heavily towards retirement and may announce it very soon.....Hope its another premature statement but life after Troy will seem weird..Almost as if a beloved relative died.

If he does retire,I say the class act that Troy is,is the likelyhood that he will notify the organization very shortly BEFORE FA starts so the Pats can push harder for a wideout in case there is some interest by BB and staff,WR may be very thin in the late rounds of the draft as I don't expect them to choose one too soon then,at the earliest maybe a 3rd rounder.

All defense is what I expect early in the draft and definately with the first 2 picks,maybe even a RB in the 2nd before a WR in the 3rd.

ugh....this would be horrible. If true, the Pats have some work to do this offseason.

If so, then I gotta tip my hat to mr. Brown. He has been the epitome of class and this organization has to thank him for hin numerous years of selfless action on this team. I'll miss ya, #80. There won't be another one like you.

We need to start getting some good news around here; it seems like all we have been getting for the past two weeks is a bunch of bad news: Dillon, C. Jackson, and now this.

Not sure if I heard the same thing as you, but from what I heard on sirius today it just seemed that they had read the Globe article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes