PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to Sirius NFL radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I just heard on Sirius NFL radio that Belichick has already met with Goodell probably via conference call and a decision could come as soon as today. I don't know their source because I only caught the tail end of what they were saying.

That's good, I think we all want this over ASAP.

Just this morning D&C where smugly bashing BB and Meter (the biggest doofus I have ever heard. He hasn't ever had an original opinion in his life) was going on about the supposed picture of Estrella on NY's sideline. Um, idiots, we have known for over 24 hours now that he was on NE's side of the field.

Unless I hear the source, I just can't believe it yet.

So he wasn't summoned to meet him in person? Suspension is probably off the table at this point. If they were going to do that, they wouldn't have had a problem removing him from mid-week practices and press conferences. I think there's a penalty coming but Belichick will be around to defend himself today. Hopefully he has a logical explanation.

So he wasn't summoned to meet him in person? Suspension is probably off the table at this point. If they were going to do that, they wouldn't have had a problem removing him from mid-week practices and press conferences. I think there's a penalty coming but Belichick will be around to defend himself today. Hopefully he has a logical explanation.
Don't hold your breath on a logical explanation. You will hear 'no comment on league matters' . Thats about it.

That's good, I think we all want this over ASAP.

A part of me wants this to continue. I think in the end this whole situation will be good for the league and good for the Patriots. Other teams need to be scrutinized and if the league is serious about limiting the extracirricular activities of all teams, then this is a good start. It also gives the Patriots bulletin board material for the season and beyond. To be honest, the "we are not respected" mantra was getting a bit old, and now, if the rest of the league wants to call the Patriots dirty, then there is something new to prove. This whole thing is really interesting, not because the Patriots got caught, but because of the implications for the entire league. It also makes me look forward to the San Diego game even more.

A part of me wants this to continue. I think in the end this whole situation will be good for the league and good for the Patriots. Other teams need to be scrutinized and if the league is serious about limiting the extracirricular activities of all teams, then this is a good start. It also gives the Patriots bulletin board material for the season and beyond. To be honest, the "we are not respected" mantra was getting a bit old, and now, if the rest of the league wants to call the Patriots dirty, then there is something new to prove. This whole thing is really interesting, not because the Patriots got caught, but because of the implications for the entire league. It also makes me look forward to the San Diego game even more.

I disagree about any part of me wanting this to continue. We have what might be our biggest test for the regular season in San Deigo this weekend. I really want this distraction of potential sanctions by the league lifted from over Belichick's head.

profootballtalk (not super reliable I know) is saying that word around the league is that the entire thing was a sting operation by the comp comittee....i.e. the majority of the league has known about such things for a while and not cared to do anything about it, probably because they do similar at some level. so don't hold your breath about some congressional investigation into signal stealing in the NFL, this whole thing was about one team and there ain't another team in the league that has any interest in seeing it go further than that, and neither does Mr Commish, he gets a big trophy for his wall to show he's tuff on this particular subject and can move on to players not wearing authorized shoes or the grass at staduims being the wrong color green...

Just this morning D&C where smugly bashing BB and Meter (the biggest doofus I have ever heard. He hasn't ever had an original opinion in his life) was going on about the supposed picture of Estrella on NY's sideline. Um, idiots, we have known for over 24 hours now that he was on NE's side of the field.

He's referring to the picture that originated on this site by an idiot on this board who thought he had "evidence" we were guilty, and now has spread throughout the web:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?p=513208#post513208

R

Don't hold your breath on a logical explanation. You will hear 'no comment on league matters' . Thats about it.

If you read his statement, he clearly indicates he'll have something to add AFTER the NFL makes its statement. I really doubt he'll just say it's a league matter. I suspect he'll explain himself as best as he can, I'm looking forward to hearing from the NFL and Bill. It'll be interesting stuff !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back