PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to one Bills fan, Trent is better than Tom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Found this through a google (weird) and had a good laugh over it. Thought I'd share.

WHOA Trent PWNED Brady - check it out - Buffalo Bills Forums

Umm yes actually he did HANDILY out-play Tom Brady. If you extrapolate Trent's numbers across the same number of plays, the comparison would look like this:

Trent: 32/53 (15/25 = 60% | 32/53 = 60%) 450 yards (8.5 ypa x 53 attempts); 4 TDs (53 attempts / 12.5 attempts per TD); 0 ints
Brady: 39/53 378 yards; 2 TDs; 1 int

This extrapolation was based on the individual passing statistics listed on espn:

Buffalo Bills vs. New England Patriots - Box Score - September 14, 2009 - ESPN

Surely you would recognize that the quarterback with substantially more attempts would have more yardage and TD opportunities. So if you apply Trents actual numbers across the same numbers of attempts, you can make a very reasonable argument that Trents actual numbers were FAR more impressive than Tom Brady. So yea, the rating was in this case a very accurate indicator of performance for those two QBs. But thanks for playing.

Also, if you think Trent wasn't looking down field enough, we can observe the comparison between yards per *completion*:

Trent: 212 yards/15 completions = 14.1 yards per completion (which is effing RIGHTEOUS)
Brady: 378 yards /39 completions = 9.7 yards per completion (good but not Trent Edwards good)

This guy's response was priceless.

WHOA Brian Moorman PWNED Drew Brees last season. To compare apples to apples, i extrapolated Moorman's stats so they are equal to Brees and here's what you get.

2008 Drew Brees:
Brees - 413/635, 5,069 yards, 34 TD, 17 INT

While this may be good, he's nowhere near the QB that moorman is, especailly when you extrapolate the stats.

2008 Brian Moorman:
635/635, 12,065 yards, 635 TDs, 0 INTs

I hope someone posts the CHFF link for this poor soul!

Cold, Hard Football Facts.com: The true Mad Bomber

Last edited:
Football fans are the nuttiest fans on the planet, course this poor soul lives in Buffalo so lets have some pity on him.

i just read that entire thread. i found it very entertaining, for some reason. the obsession that opposing fans have with TB and their need to convince themselves that he's not as good as he seems to be is really amazing. it seems like it turns into a mental illness for some people.

i just read that entire thread. i found it very entertaining, for some reason. the obsession that opposing fans have with TB and their need to convince themselves that he's not as good as he seems to be is really amazing. it seems like it turns into a mental illness for some people.

Absolutely true, but it runs both ways. Fans here have wasted many hours in their need to convince themselves that for Tom Brady to be great, Peyton Manning must be not as good as he seems to be. :)

This reminds me of the chargers fan a couple years back explaining position by position how the chargers had to be a better team than the pats...

"QB - even"

Situation can't be helped by the Sunday Ticket commercial where the guy says "And then Philip Rivers goes all PHILIP RIVERS on the Raiders..."

Come on Buffalo dudes. By the way, this is Brady limping back... and Terrence Trend D'Edwards having his version of a career day. Oh and good luck with that whole Canada thing. You still gonna play 4 downs? 3 downs will play HELL on your boy's stats.

PFnV

Meh, its must have been hearbreaking loss for them. If that's any consolation for them, I say let them talk it up. Guy's Trent Edward>Tom Brady thing may be his high point of his season....

IMHO, I think Edwards is a decent QB on a team thats badly coached. Not just Jauron, I mean all of em. I feel that if he was backing up Brady for a couple years, he would be a very good QB.

Meh, its must have been hearbreaking loss for them. If that's any consolation for them, I say let them talk it up. Guy's Trent Edward>Tom Brady thing may be his high point of his season....

It's a tossup between this game, and the Monday Night game where they lost to Dallas. Both times, they played their hearts out and lost after holding the lead for a good while.

I do believe that coaching has a great deal to do with the situation. The Bills are much like the Patriots of old, where the typical game went: Patriots go ahead early, then fall behind in the 2nd half, rally late in the game, and fall short on the final drive. :cool:

Absolutely true, but it runs both ways. Fans here have wasted many hours in their need to convince themselves that for Tom Brady to be great, Peyton Manning must be not as good as he seems to be. :)

patchick

I believe this has more to do with the constant comparisons in the media. It seems that to further Manning, TB gets almost denigrated.

Today they call Brees the best and there isn't a peep on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes