PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to John Clayton......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Toledo - Tackle Sep. 3 - 6:10 pm et

Dolphins placed T Joe Toledo on injured reserve with a knee injury, ending his season.

The rookie was off to a promising start as a pro. He was a likely starter before getting hurt.

Kendyl Jacox - Guard Sep. 3 - 3:14 pm et

Dolphins signed G Kendyl Jacox off waivers from the Saints.

He's started for a long time in the NFL, but getting cut by New Orleans isn't a good sign.

Seth McKinney - Center Aug. 29 - 4:29 pm et

Dolphins placed C/G Seth McKinney on injured reserve, ending his season.

Miami better cobble together a productive guard pair fast or Ronnie Brown will be dodging a lot of tackles. If anyone can make it work, it's offensive line coach legend Hudson Houck.

Deeds,

Good post and I agree with just about all of it. All I can say now is, play ball!

Randy McMichael=Mrs Rodney Harrison

after Thomas...and the admittedly up and coming Crowder...who are your LBs? which of them are as proven stars as Vrabel and Colvin...? and does Seau suck now that he's on our side?

you are still not being objective...

Aqua4Ever04 said:
The Patriots aren't under the radar because 90% of the analysts are still picking the Pats. I don't see why you guys erupt when just one "expert" picks the Fins. It's not like it's insane to think that way.

To the thread starter;

Maybe you just need to realize that the Pats aren't the only team in the NFL and there is a very good possibility the Pats don't win the East.
You have to be careful coming up with those percentages. Most analysts pick multiple superbowl matchups, division winners, and superbowl winners so that they are "correct" in one way or the other.

I have already seen Sean Salisbury pick the Dolphins, Patriots, and Colts to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.

I have already seen Sean Salisbury pick the Cowboys and Panthers to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

I am not kidding.

But when it comes to Analysts and Pats/Fins and who wins the division, I would say that it is 60% pats, 40% Fins.

Last edited:
stcjones said:
The doofins armed with Daunte Culpepper and Nick Saban are going to knock the Patriots out as AFC East Champs this year....Anyone see this D bag on Espn..?......MORE lockerroom material for our boys......GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It gets better. On the weekend "Huddle" program he hosts with Sean Salsbury on ESPN radio, the nutty professor actually predicted that not only would the Pats lose the division to Miami, but that they would NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Absolutely un-effin-believable. Note to self: cross Clayton off my Must Read Only If No Other Football Writer Is Available list.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Slagathor,

I think that is a fair assesment, but let me have a crack at this.

QB- If Culpepper returns to his 2004 form, I'll take him. Other wise, Brady is the obvious pick. But there is no denying that Culpepper had one of the best seasons ever that year and I think he gets close to what he used to be.

RB- You asked if Ronnie can carry it 200 times, well he had 207 carries last year. I know it's not much but I think Ronnie can run it 325 times and do just fine. I will defintley take Miami's running backs.

WR- Miami by a land slide. The Patriots are bottom 10 in the league at the WR position and Miami is pretty good. Chambers is ready to become an elite reciever and Marty Booker is a solid #2.

TE- New England has great depth and I really like Ben Watson. But I think McMichael is a top 10 TE in this league and I will give Miami a slight edge.

OL- Patriots easy. But people over look the Miami line. Last year our running backs averaged 4.5 YPC and we allowed just 21 sacks. Pretty good numbers I think.

DL- Both are very good. I'm going to call this a tie because of our age. Taylor and Seymour are two of the best at DE. Miami is extremelly deep at DT.

LB- First of all, when is Bruschi going to be in uniform? I'll take Thomas over Bruschi however and give Miami the slight advantage. Channing Crowder is going to be a star someday, you watch. ;)

DB- This is suppose to be Miami's weak spot, but I think it will suprise some people this year. The edge is still to New England, but I think Will Allen is ready to live up to his potential.

All in all, these teams are both very good and it should be a great year. Good luck to you guys this year. Although I hope you go 0-16, let's hope for an injury free great season.

Yeah, this is why everyone thinks you're an idiot and no one takes you seriously. The worst "analysis" I've ever seen attempted, ever.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:
The numbers are inevitable man. I know Brady has the wins and what not, but he played for a very very good team over those 3 Super Bowl wins. It's not a quarterback game, it's a team game.

Again: if it's so inevitable, who else agrees with you? Name anyone who says they'd take Culpepper over Brady.

The way I look at it when it comes to Brady and Culpepper is that Culpepper can only hope to become the next Warren Moom. Brady can only hope to become the next Joe Montana. Moon put up a lot of numbers and stats, but at the end of the day, who cares?

Richter said:
Yeah, this is why everyone thinks you're an idiot and no one takes you seriously. The worst "analysis" I've ever seen attempted, ever.

Actully I think more than half of your guys would agree with most of what I said. But I'm glad you gave a counter argument becuase you're such a critic and all. You're a joke.

Flying Fungi said:
Randy McMichael=Mrs Rodney Harrison
after Thomas...and the admittedly up and coming Crowder...who are your LBs? which of them are as proven stars as Vrabel and Colvin...? and does Seau suck now that he's on our side?
you are still not being objective...

Well Seau played in just 16 games the past two years and hasn't been effective at all. He won't contribute to your team barely at all.
Keegs said:
You have to be careful coming up with those percentages. Most analysts pick multiple superbowl matchups, division winners, and superbowl winners so that they are "correct" in one way or the other.
I have already seen Sean Salisbury pick the Dolphins, Patriots, and Colts to represent the AFC in the Superbowl.
I have already seen Sean Salisbury pick the Cowboys and Panthers to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.
I am not kidding.
But when it comes to Analysts and Pats/Fins and who wins the division, I would say that it is 60% pats, 40% Fins.

You're right about analysts flip flopping. They do it all the time and can never stick with one team. I would say it's about 75-25 though in the Pats favor.

captain stone said:
It gets better. On the weekend "Huddle" program he hosts with Sean Salsbury on ESPN radio, the nutty professor actually predicted that not only would the Pats lose the division to Miami, but that they would NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. Absolutely un-effin-believable. Note to self: cross Clayton off my Must Read Only If No Other Football Writer Is Available list.

So because a guy picks the Fins over the Pats, he no longer has any credibility? What happens if the Fins do win the division? Does he become a genious or did he just get lucky?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
The Patriots aren't under the radar because 90% of the analysts are still picking the Pats. I don't see why you guys erupt when just one "expert" picks the Fins. It's not like it's insane to think that way.

To the thread starter;

Maybe you just need to realize that the Pats aren't the only team in the NFL and there is a very good possibility the Pats don't win the East.[/QUOTe

I realize that the Pats MAY not win the AFC east....anything can happen.. What I don't get is how ESPN and other talking heads are already concluding that Culpepper is the next Marino and Saban is the next Shula. They have PROVEN NOTHING thus far! Culpepper has yet to show if he has/can return from a devestating injury yet. From what I have seen of him in preseason, I am not so sure he will have the mobility and he was VERY rusty....Harrington impressed me more....and I would not be surprised to see a serious QB controversy....once again...which no team needs.....

Dolphins should be a good team this year....and it will be interesting as always.....but let's not give them/Saban/Culpepper a ticket to the SB just yet...they have yet to PROVE anything.....thats all I am saying Aqua

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Actully I think more than half of your guys would agree with most of what I said. But I'm glad you gave a counter argument becuase you're such a critic and all. You're a joke.
I sincerely doubt that half of us would take Culpepper over Brady. I think if the Patriots announced a trade Brady for Culpepper straight up, this forum would erupt with anger and shock.

You are a Dolphins fan, and I can understand why YOU would think that, but don't say that half of us would.

I would think that we are in agreement here. You like Culpepper better than Brady, and we are extremely happy that you have Culpepper instead of Brady.

brady2brown said:
I sincerely doubt that half of us would take Culpepper over Brady. I think if the Patriots announced a trade Brady for Culpepper straight up, this forum would erupt with anger and shock.

You are a Dolphins fan, and I can understand why YOU would think that, but don't say that half of us would.

I would think that we are in agreement here. You like Culpepper better than Brady, and we are extremely happy that you have Culpepper instead of Brady.

I'd definitely take Brady over Culpepper but, having said that, I don't think you need a QB like Brady to win the superbowl. This player for player analysis really gets us nowhere when were talking about which team is best. It's arguable that the Phins QB/WR combo is as good as the Patriots but if Miami's O-line doesn't block it doesn't mean anything.

At least tomorrow we can start debating with less speculation as each game answers these questions.

brady2brown said:

My point is even stronger. Question: who in all of football and football fandom wouldn't be shocked if we traded Brady straight-up for Culpepper? Answer: a handful of delusional Dolphin fans -- for maybe 30 seconds.

I didn't mean specificly the Culpepper for Brady as I did actully say I'd rather have Brady right now. But the whole piece in general. But read it again, I said I'd like Brady as of now.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
I didn't mean specificly the Culpepper for Brady as I did actully say I'd rather have Brady right now. But the whole piece in general. But read it again, I said I'd like Brady as of now.

We're gonna have to call you Eggo, because you waffled.

See your post below:

"QB- If Culpepper returns to his 2004 form, I'll take him. Other wise, Brady is the obvious pick. But there is no denying that Culpepper had one of the best seasons ever that year and I think he gets close to what he used to be."

What your post insinuates is that if Culpepper is healthy, you'd take him over Brady.

Am I right?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Slagathor,

I think that is a fair assesment, but let me have a crack at this.

QB- If Culpepper returns to his 2004 form, I'll take him. Other wise, Brady is the obvious pick. But there is no denying that Culpepper had one of the best seasons ever that year and I think he gets close to what he used to be.

RB- You asked if Ronnie can carry it 200 times, well he had 207 carries last year. I know it's not much but I think Ronnie can run it 325 times and do just fine. I will defintley take Miami's running backs.

WR- Miami by a land slide. The Patriots are bottom 10 in the league at the WR position and Miami is pretty good. Chambers is ready to become an elite reciever and Marty Booker is a solid #2.

TE- New England has great depth and I really like Ben Watson. But I think McMichael is a top 10 TE in this league and I will give Miami a slight edge.

OL- Patriots easy. But people over look the Miami line. Last year our running backs averaged 4.5 YPC and we allowed just 21 sacks. Pretty good numbers I think.

DL- Both are very good. I'm going to call this a tie because of our age. Taylor and Seymour are two of the best at DE. Miami is extremelly deep at DT.

LB- First of all, when is Bruschi going to be in uniform? I'll take Thomas over Bruschi however and give Miami the slight advantage. Channing Crowder is going to be a star someday, you watch. ;)

DB- This is suppose to be Miami's weak spot, but I think it will suprise some people this year. The edge is still to New England, but I think Will Allen is ready to live up to his potential.

All in all, these teams are both very good and it should be a great year. Good luck to you guys this year. Although I hope you go 0-16, let's hope for an injury free great season.

"WR- Miami by a land slide. The Patriots are bottom 10 in the league at the WR position and Miami is pretty good. Chambers is ready to become an elite reciever and Marty Booker is a solid #2."

Now this is where you are just NOT being realistic and are getting "homerish".......Chambers is the far and away the best receiver on either team RIGHT NOW (*after right now as I see Jackson becoming an absolute stud in the NFL....but we will have to wait and see what he can do)...and one of the best in the league....but after that Miami's WR corps become sketchy........Marty Booker is still a big question mark.....he had a decent year last year......here are his stats with Miami:

2004 Miami Dolphins 15 15 50 638 12.8 45 1 8 1 30
2005 Miami Dolphins 15 12 39 686 17.6 60 3 10 4 30

He's ok......about the same calibre at this point as Gabriel......then you have Kelly Washington who didn't do much in Minn.....(took him 3 seasons to break 1000 yrds)....then Welker...and so on........Again, Chambers is the main guy...then it gets sketchy for you guys.....

If we had Branch (which I gather we won't), Gabriel,Jackson, Brown,Caldwell....even Childress........I see us matching up decently against you guys at the WR position......one man's opinion.....GO PATS!!!

brady2brown said:

"I think if the Patriots announced a trade Brady for Culpepper straight up, this forum would erupt with anger and shock."

Ya think???? Brady vs Culpepper is apples and oranges. Brady is a HOF QB, one of the greatest to play the game....and what has Culpepper achieved thus far? this isn't even a logical post man....one man's opinion

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Brady as of now, as of tomorrow, and for the rest of his football career. Have fun with Daunte.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Miami Dolphins: Proving the haters wrong in 2006!
0-0 (0-0) (t) 1st

Oh my! He was right! Look at that, tied for 1st place! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill