PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to John Clayton......

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The doofins armed with Daunte Culpepper and Nick Saban are going to knock the Patriots out as AFC East Champs this year....Anyone see this D bag on Espn..?......MORE lockerroom material for our boys......GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we put Cassel in at QB, HOW can we lose?????

On the bright side, all this morons picking Miami puts pressure on them. Their fans will believe this craps and if they struggle will be pissed.

I remember last year, someone said the Jets had the most talent in AFC, KC was going to the SB and Baltimore was a sure playoff team.

Don't let these guys bother you, the Pats will stay under the radar and will get the credit when they are winners once again!

deeds said:
On the bright side, all this morons picking Miami puts pressure on them. Their fans will believe this craps and if they struggle will be pissed.

I remember last year, someone said the Jets had the most talent in AFC, KC was going to the SB and Baltimore was a sure playoff team.

Don't let these guys bother you, the Pats will stay under the radar and will get the credit when they are winners once again!

The Patriots aren't under the radar because 90% of the analysts are still picking the Pats. I don't see why you guys erupt when just one "expert" picks the Fins. It's not like it's insane to think that way.

To the thread starter;

Maybe you just need to realize that the Pats aren't the only team in the NFL and there is a very good possibility the Pats don't win the East.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
The Patriots aren't under the radar because 90% of the analysts are still picking the Pats. I don't see why you guys erupt when just one "expert" picks the Fins. It's not like it's insane to think that way.

To the thread starter;

Maybe you just need to realize that the Pats aren't the only team in the NFL and there is a very good possibility the Pats don't win the East.

We'll keep winning the rings. Rest of these media turds can lick my dogs balls as they have been since 2002

Aqua, I don't think it's 90% at all, I've read more folks picking the dolphins than the Pats. But whatever. It's such a non-issue. Who cares? Let's just see who wins.

patsox23 said:
Aqua, I don't think it's 90% at all, I've read more folks picking the dolphins than the Pats. But whatever. It's such a non-issue. Who cares? Let's just see who wins.

I do agree with you about playing it out. All this talk is starting to get a bit old. But on the ESPN preview the other day, 10 of the 12 "experts" picked the Pats, and all 3 of the guys on Monday Night Countdown picked the Pats. I just think you guys are still the favoirte to the media.

My problem with these guys picking Miami is that when they do so they present all the supposed glaring weaknesses the Pats have. As if Miami is "all-set" at every position.

Let's evaluate shall we:

Our QB is better, period. Putting his injury aside, Daunte's never shown the ability to carry a team on his own or without a binky like Moss. Chambers may become a new binky, but Culpepper has a ton of holes in his game, especially on the cerebral end of the position.

RB: Can Ronnie Brown carry the ball for 200+ carries and be productive. He didn't do it in college and this guy is NOT Rickey Williams. With Corey Dillon and Maroney, who in college has shown he can be a durable, all-everything back, barring injury this looks to be th best running attack we've had in a while.

O-Line: Probably the most talented line in the Belichick era. With McKinney out and the "turnstile" Vernon Carey on board, I don't see the supposed improvement for Miami.

TE: McMichael is a very good receiving TE. Not much depth after that. Our TE's are probably the deepest of any team in the league.

WR: Fins win this battle easily. Chambers and Booker are better than anyone we currently have "available.

D-Line: Deep on both teams. I like our youth and depth slightly better.

LB: Thomas and Crowder are quite good. But with Vrabel, Bruschi, and Colvin, I was always curious how folks saw such a huge deficiency here. Bruschi's injury should not have set off the alarm bell as largely as it did. This is a pick-em.

DB's: Will Rodney be the same? Can somebody solidify the #1 and #2 corner positions. In my mind, this along with WR will be a nagging question all season. That being said, look at the fins DB depth chart. Anybody on that list strike fear in your heart? Do you recognize any of those names? No for me on both counts.

ST: I'll give this one to Miami based upon experience in the kicking game alone. Our kick coverage teams also still need work.

Coaching: Saban is a good coach. No Doubt. But Belichick is peerless until Saban has some rings of his own to boast.

Sorry for the diahrea of the keyboard, but I'm getting sick of hearing how Miami has somehow leap-frogged us in the division. I just do not see it.

Last edited:
Aqua4Ever04 said:

To the thread starter;

There's one part of your post I don't understand - the part that goes:"Maybe you just need to realize that the Pats aren't the only team in the NFL and there is a very good possibility the Pats don't win the East" - that part. What does that mean, exactly?

Slagathor,

I think that is a fair assesment, but let me have a crack at this.

QB- If Culpepper returns to his 2004 form, I'll take him. Other wise, Brady is the obvious pick. But there is no denying that Culpepper had one of the best seasons ever that year and I think he gets close to what he used to be.

RB- You asked if Ronnie can carry it 200 times, well he had 207 carries last year. I know it's not much but I think Ronnie can run it 325 times and do just fine. I will defintley take Miami's running backs.

WR- Miami by a land slide. The Patriots are bottom 10 in the league at the WR position and Miami is pretty good. Chambers is ready to become an elite reciever and Marty Booker is a solid #2.

TE- New England has great depth and I really like Ben Watson. But I think McMichael is a top 10 TE in this league and I will give Miami a slight edge.

OL- Patriots easy. But people over look the Miami line. Last year our running backs averaged 4.5 YPC and we allowed just 21 sacks. Pretty good numbers I think.

DL- Both are very good. I'm going to call this a tie because of our age. Taylor and Seymour are two of the best at DE. Miami is extremelly deep at DT.

LB- First of all, when is Bruschi going to be in uniform? I'll take Thomas over Bruschi however and give Miami the slight advantage. Channing Crowder is going to be a star someday, you watch. ;)

DB- This is suppose to be Miami's weak spot, but I think it will suprise some people this year. The edge is still to New England, but I think Will Allen is ready to live up to his potential.

All in all, these teams are both very good and it should be a great year. Good luck to you guys this year. Although I hope you go 0-16, let's hope for an injury free great season.

wistahpatsfan said:
There's one part of your post I don't understand - the part that goes:"Maybe you just need to realize that the Pats aren't the only team in the NFL and there is a very good possibility the Pats don't win the East" - that part. What does that mean, exactly?

I just mean that many Pats fans (not all) think they are untouchable because of their run. And this thread starter is defintley one of those people. That is all.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
TE- New England has great depth and I really like Ben Watson. But I think McMichael is a top 10 TE in this league and I will give Miami a slight edge.

LB- First of all, when is Bruschi going to be in uniform? I'll take Thomas over Bruschi however and give Miami the slight advantage. Channing Crowder is going to be a star someday, you watch.

You cannot be serious about TE. I like McMichael, too, but Ben Watson has the potential to be much better, and Daniel Graham is a far more complete TE. How you can even post what you just did and then give Miami the edge is BEYOND me.

As for "when is Bruschi going to be in uniform?" Word is - Sunday. I agree, by the way, that Crowder's a good one. I wanted BB to roll the dice on him, and was disappointed that he landed with the dolphins. Oh, Thomas over Bruschi? Maybe. But then there's Colvin and Vrabel. You don't have three as talented and PROVEN as those two.

The only edge I give Miami is with their receiver corps. Beyond that, fuggedaboudit.

Good start to rebuilding though. I'll give you playoffs in another year or two.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
QB- If Culpepper returns to his 2004 form, I'll take him. Other wise, Brady is the obvious pick.

You'd really take Culpepper -- 2004 or not --over Brady? Who else -- besides Fins fans -- agrees with that?

The rest of your post was reasonable.

I don't think we're untouchable but I do think the team is being underrated due to big names like McGinest, Givens and AV leaving (this was happening long before the Branch thing got out of hand). We also have returning (some just to health):

Bruschi, Seymour, Harrison, Light, Koppen, Corey, Faulk, Graham, Gay, Scott.

patsox23 said:
You cannot be serious about TE. I like McMichael, too, but Ben Watson has the potential to be much better, and Daniel Graham is a far more complete TE. How you can even post what you just did and then give Miami the edge is BEYOND me.

As for "when is Bruschi going to be in uniform?" Word is - Sunday. I agree, by the way, that Crowder's a good one. I wanted BB to roll the dice on him, and was disappointed that he landed with the dolphins. Oh, Thomas over Bruschi? Maybe. But then there's Colvin and Vrabel. You don't have three as talented and PROVEN as those two.

What has Graham or Watson ever done that McMike does? McMike is the far better play right now. Maybe in the future Watson will get better, but for now, it's hands down Randy.

I agree with your linebacking corps. You are solid at all three spots.

Kasmir said:
You'd really take Culpepper -- 2004 or not --over Brady? Who else -- besides Fins fans -- agrees with that?

The rest of your post was reasonable.

The numbers are inevitable man. I know Brady has the wins and what not, but he played for a very very good team over those 3 Super Bowl wins. It's not a quarterback game, it's a team game.

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Slagathor,

I think that is a fair assesment, but let me have a crack at this.

QB- If Culpepper returns to his 2004 form, I'll take him. Other wise, Brady is the obvious pick. But there is no denying that Culpepper had one of the best seasons ever that year and I think he gets close to what he used to be.

RB- You asked if Ronnie can carry it 200 times, well he had 207 carries last year. I know it's not much but I think Ronnie can run it 325 times and do just fine. I will defintley take Miami's running backs.

WR- Miami by a land slide. The Patriots are bottom 10 in the league at the WR position and Miami is pretty good. Chambers is ready to become an elite reciever and Marty Booker is a solid #2.

OL- Patriots easy. But people over look the Miami line. Last year our running backs averaged 4.5 YPC and we allowed just 21 sacks. Pretty good numbers I think.

DL- Both are very good. I'm going to call this a tie because of our age. Taylor and Seymour are two of the best at DE. Miami is extremelly deep at DT.

LB- First of all, when is Bruschi going to be in uniform? I'll take Thomas over Bruschi however and give Miami the slight advantage. Channing Crowder is going to be a star someday, you watch. ;)

DB- This is suppose to be Miami's weak spot, but I think it will suprise some people this year. The edge is still to New England, but I think Will Allen is ready to live up to his potential.

All in all, these teams are both very good and it should be a great year. Good luck to you guys this year. Although I hope you go 0-16, let's hope for an injury free great season.
The miami o-line is going to suck, they are just plugging in guys.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

Will Allen does not have any potential. The only potential he has is how many interceptions he will potentially drop every year.

Aqua4Ever04 said:

To the thread starter;

Let me explain something to you. Most of us are long time Patriot fans and have seen dark days, very dark days. We appreciate the success the past few years and know that it will end some day.

Its not that we (I don't mean to speak for everyone) have a specific problem with them picking Miami but, the Pats didn't have a chance against St.Louis, no chance of beating Indy and they did over and over. I watched as Merrill Hoge said there was no possible way the Patriots would be able to stop the Steelers running game and had no chance to beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. And all the experts agreed.

So, we've heard it over and over that the Patriots weren't good enough or couldn't match up against this team or that team. That's why it bothers us (me). You can have your reasons why Miami is so much better this year but, you are not looking at it objectively. That's fine, thats what being a fan is all about.

I will leave you with this. In your arguments, you say a lot of IFs. If this or if that. Well, thats grasping my friend. I'm sorry to say, I don't think Culpepper is as good as you think. I've seen him play a lot and he just doesn't get it done when the game is on the line....

Good luck and lets talk after week 8 to see where we all stand.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye