PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to FOX we are #1 (but not in a good way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGodInAGreyHoodie

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - The NFL's 10 most injured teams - Number 1

The NFL's 10 most injured teams

New England (5-2)

The Patriots are without their team leaders on offense (QB Tom Brady, pictured) and defense (SS Rodney Harrison). As if losing the NFL's reigning Most Valuable Player to a season-ending knee injury in the first quarter of the first game wasn't devastating enough, Harrison suffered what is likely a career-ending quadriceps tear nine days ago against Denver. Combined with the significant injuries suffered at running back and along the offensive line, it's a testament to Bill Belichick's coaching prowess that New England has fared so well. - Alex Marvez

----

On the plus side, when the Colts whine about injuries we can point out they are only #5 on the list.

At least we have a great excuse when we lose games. "Alex Marvez thinks we're the number 1 most injured team in the NFL!" :D

Brady alone is enough to top this list, but when you add in Harrison and Maroney, it gets even worse. Not to mention that our top two non-IR backs are still injured.

The fact that we're 5-2 is a major testament to the quality of this organization (and, to a lesser extent, our friendly schedule).

I am really shocked that Denver didn't make that list.

Of the teams on the list, only Dallas and Pitt have managed to overcome the injuries to post a good record other than the Patriots.

The Colts might well be moving up the list....

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - The NFL's 10 most injured teams - Number 1

The NFL's 10 most injured teams

New England (5-2)

The Patriots are without their team leaders on offense (QB Tom Brady, pictured) and defense (SS Rodney Harrison). As if losing the NFL's reigning Most Valuable Player to a season-ending knee injury in the first quarter of the first game wasn't devastating enough, Harrison suffered what is likely a career-ending quadriceps tear nine days ago against Denver. Combined with the significant injuries suffered at running back and along the offensive line, it's a testament to Bill Belichick's coaching prowess that New England has fared so well. - Alex Marvez

----

On the plus side, when the Colts whine about injuries we can point out they are only #5 on the list.

If Bill can get us into the Play-Offs, this will be a historic year for his legacy.

Wait, how the hell do you quantify something like this in a reasonable way? These things are pretty much meaningless without a methodology. I hate media "analysis".

I also hate articles that make you click 9 links to see 10 teams they could have just shown on 1 page.

Wait, how the hell do you quantify something like this in a reasonable way? These things are pretty much meaningless without a methodology. I hate media "analysis".

I also hate articles that make you click 9 links to see 10 teams they could have just shown on 1 page.

You probably can't, but I'd certainly say that losing the best QB in football in the first quarter of the season, followed by your starting running back and safety, and being generally banged up otherwise make a pretty good case for the Pats.

Your unique and insightful thoughts are much appreciated!

There was a caller on WEEI yesterday who whined about how the Rams would have won last Sunday had Jackson not been hurt. And I thought, we'll gladly give you back Jackson and anyone else on your team who's injured if you let us have just Brady back.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

There was a caller on WEEI yesterday who whined about how the Rams would have won last Sunday had Jackson not been hurt. And I thought, we'll gladly give you back Jackson and anyone else on your team who's injured if you let us have just Brady back.

Sheesh. :rolleyes:

I got one better. A Jets fan whining that if their kicker wasn't injured they would have beaten the Patriots. Even his fellow Jets fans laughed at him for that.

How are the Saints not on this list after losing Colston, Bush, Shockey, Patten, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back