PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

According to Don Banks, Our New England Patriots...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DefenseRules said:
are the "BIGGEST LOSERS" of the offseason so far.
That's what happens when you rank the offseason after one week. Maybe we should start giving Ws and Ls in games after the first drive :D

After one week, it is indeed true that the Patriots appear to be the biggest losers - good thing the season doesn't start for several months. LOL! These off-season articles are a bit much, eh?

But he then says that Washington, the team that has spent the most and signed the most players is also one of the biggest losers.

I agree with his assumption that washington has made stupid signings, but the Pats will come out a better team at the end of Free Agency.

Wow he changed his tune in a whole week!!! Last week it was "you can't critisize the Patriots for being patient". blah blah blah.

Oh... and by the way... obviously we're DOOOOOMED

DefenseRules said:
are the "BIGGEST LOSERS" of the offseason so far.

Darn it. Does this mean that the Jets have won the offseason championship in the AFC East again?

So if we add alot of depth and have an excellent draft, will we still be offseason "losers"?

Last edited:
BionicPatriot said:
So if we add alot of depth and have an excellent draft, will we stukk be offseason "losers"?
No, his article is of the limited time warranty type!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Wow he changed his tune in a whole week!!! Last week it was "you can't critisize the Patriots for being patient". blah blah blah.

Oh... and by the way... obviously we're DOOOOOMED

I forgot that he wrote that article too. LOL ! :D

Last edited:
As of 3/21/06, 2:14 PM, I would agree with him.

But, this is an article that is written 4 weeks before it should be. I guess he must have had some pressure to write something and this is what he came up wiith.

This is just entertainment for the masses.
Everyone knows that we do our best work later.
We are among the best at valuation and selection of talent.

Well we do have 20 mill in cap space, but no ones left that would make me say the team has improved, and the good players who are left will be costing too much money. And why does everyone think that whoever gets cut will be signed by the Patriots, and why does everyone believe the Patriots can tell the future, they dont who know will be cut especially since people have a lot of money and they dont need to cut. If moulds gets cut chances are he will be too expensive etc. Even Paul perillo just said on EEI that fans need to forget this nothion that the Pats are just waiting, he says they have tried to sign free agents and those free agents are rejecting the Patriots offers. He also said the Patriots need to relize the market has changed and like any business you need to adjust to changes. If not, we better start praying all our draft picks are studs.

The sad fact is that it may get worse before it gets better.

We can still lose Ashworth, T. Brown,, Dwight, Neal, Vinatieri and Stone.

They are all seeking employment elsewhere. I do not include Evans,

Flutie and C. Scott because their losses would be insignificant.

This is the first off season that I can remember that so many of our

own guys want to jump ship. Maybe, the promise of big $ from their

agents?

"If kicker Adam Vinatieri gets away, even the most ardent among the Patriots faithful will begin to waver."

Of course, Don Banks. Because we're all bandwagoners.

BelichickFan said:
That's what happens when you rank the offseason after one week. Maybe we should start giving Ws and Ls in games after the first drive :D

It's been longer than a week. Let's quit pissing on each others shoes whille telling each other it's raining. Banks is right. This may well turn out well for the Pats, but at this point a lack of doing much of anything at all is going to knock your grade down. Does it matter? Not really. Not yet anyways. But if BB is determined to fill the holes we have created in the roster with college kids, then we can hardly expect the same results we've seen the last 2 or 3 years i.e. long playoff runs. We become a team of the future.

Last edited:
I think he means people we've gained versus people we've lost. Yes, we don't have as many holes as other teams and thus don't need to be big spenders, but we've lost a lot of key guys from the last few years (especially if we don't get back Vinatieri). Just trying to clarify what I think his reasoning might be. Why do we need to continuously bash the media... especially a guy who has made numerous Pro-Patriot articles in the past.

PatsChick87 said:
Well he's right in that we've lost something like 10 FA's and only signed one so far. Most of the other teams are +/- one or two right about now. Example Dallas lost 6 and signed 5. Personally, I'm loving all the "anticipation" of what BB the "mastermind" is going to do!!! The "Art of War" indeed!!! :cool:
TEN...did I miss something???

Jimke said:
The sad fact is that it may get worse before it gets better.

We can still lose Ashworth, T. Brown,, Dwight, Neal, Vinatieri and Stone.

They are all seeking employment elsewhere. I do not include Evans,

Flutie and C. Scott because their losses would be insignificant.

This is the first off season that I can remember that so many of our

own guys want to jump ship. Maybe, the promise of big $ from their

agents?

Playing a few years for a dynasty either makes you worth more money, or gives you the impression that you are worth more money.....so they go out to find their riches. Also, Pats FO have a set price for everyone (with the exception of Seymour and Brady perhaps) and will not overpay for someones services - especially aging vets or mediorce players (which just about covers everyone you mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back